A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TTD - Setting It Straight - in response to prior posts last week

Posted: Jun 10, 2012

I used to work there for approx. a year or so, before it really went down the toilet. I believe that sheer GREED set it and that's when it went downhill. Although I no longer work there, I have kept contact with some pretty reliable people. There are "100s" who are on the books to work; however, they work when they want, IF they want - there is absolutely no consistency to schedule or hours or days, nothing. Thus, the need to have that many people; the HOPE that someone will be working. The turn-around of people is large because most of the people working there have very llittle experience, if any, and are told pretty much to just crank out the work - hoping SGS or the client does not take a look at the files. Should they check or the client complaints, that person is removed from the account. Thus, one needs quite a few people to cover for those being removed.

I would also like to clear the air about these so-called QA and/or MTs being removed from the TTD Chartnet account (which is not a TTD account as they have no accounts of their own, they are strictly overflow from Superior Global and Chase). TTD did NOT remove or disable these people. Chase Transcriptions removed them as these people had been warned time and again about their quality. So, when these people didn't take heed, slow down and ensure the document was a quality file (possibly these people were incapable of that??), Chase disabled them. From the posts I have read, no one mentioned they had been told their quality was substandard. Management (and I use the term loosely) at TTD would never disable someone for quality - their idea of quality is how many lines can be done to line - the more lines produced, the more $ in the owner's pocket. There was a time on the Chase account QA was told to ONLY FILL IN THE BLANK and was paid PER BLANK LINE (whether it was filled in or not). I explained to "management" it's not the blank that one needs to worry about, it's what's typed that needs correcting. However, I was told this is what the client wants - which I never believed for a second. So, rather than fight the powers that be, I stayed away from that account. Of course when Chase found out about this policy - supposedly THEIR policy - they were shocked.  Anyway, that's anyother story of the nonprofessionalism of TTD.  However, the point is - those that were disabled and posting on the board as such, they were disabled (removed) by Chase.. NOT TTD.

For those thinking about or even those working with TTD now, all I can say is - be afraid, be very afraid. I don't doubt for 1 second there are those not getting paid, or paid in full, or being let go w/out their pay. Way too many people complaining of this for it not to be true.

Also, I would like to mention, there really is no more "management" per se. The extremely unscrupulous owner demoted the 2nd in charge (via email) one night to production QA; although asked that she continue with "nonproductive" work. This person had been with this exploitative and knavish owner for many, many years; typically working 2 shifts, answering questions, and basically was at the owner's beck and call. For the owner to do this to a person who has been loyal, steadfast in her work and ensuring quality at least w/ those files she handled, dealing with MT/QA complaints, mediating, etc., I find this action totally unethical, unprofessional, and unconscionable.

So, for those saying that TTD is a wonderful place to work, my first thought would be one cannot find other employment with a reputable company, a company that cares about quality and one that ensures all shifts are staffed appropriately, or they are not able to pass the tests that other companies implement to weed out wannabe MTs, but whatever the reason, just remember, your time will come. If this owner is going to mistreat her second in charge, what makes you think you are not next. All the owner things about is herself and how to get more $ in her purse; it's not about you, the work or anything else. If you can live with that and the few cents doled out, then you belong there.

You hit the nail on the head! - Former TTDer

[ In Reply To ..]
You have hit the nail on the head with this post. I worked there for a brief period as well and was placed on the Chase account. When I was instructed that I was only going to be paid for the blanks filled in, I decided it was my time to leave. I did not want my name attached to those reports nor affiliated with TTD. Luckily it was not my main job so I resigned after the quality of files that were being sent. The blanks were not the only issue with reports, but there were blatant misspelled words and obvious errors that the QA was not paid to correct. The owner only wants to pad her purse. I reiterate, their philosophy on quality is not quality reports but how many lines can be billed.

I am one of the many that is out 3 paychecks and it is not because I stuck around too long. The owner does not have the funds to cover payroll so she waits until she gets paid by Chase or SGS and then when it is convenient for her she does payroll so by the time you wise up on her, you are still behind 3 pay periods.

Similar Messages:

Setting Up A Server
Nov 26, 2009

Has anyone out there set up a server for your business? If so, how complicated was it, and is iit worth the investment?  I have about 10 MTs (small business).  I think this would save a lot of time and frustration if we had a server... Anyone who can share their opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help With Windows Setting
Oct 13, 2010

I'm struggling with getting my "new" computer up and running.  Of course, it isn't a new computer, because we have to have Windows XP.  Grrrr. I can't figure out how to get my windows to open to full screen - or maybe 2/3 size like my old, now deceased, computer.  I get a small centered square no matter what program  I open, and have to maximize every time I open a window.  I've done it before, but have absolutely no recollection of how. ...

Quality Bar Setting
Mar 10, 2012

Just read an article in the AARP Bulletin that 1 in 7 Medicare patients died or were harmed by their hospital care and the number of patients who die each year from preventable hospital errors is equal to 4 full jumbo jets crashing EACH WEEK.  They can't figure out what to do about it.  Maybe auditing the employees like crazy and holding them to a 99% accuracy standard and cutting their pay 50% if they don't meet it like MMMMMModal/Q?  Sure seems to work for me :) ...

Need Help Setting Up To Get My Own Clients
Sep 23, 2014

20 years ago, like a lot of us, I worked at home typing dictations from cassettes on a typewriter!   Recently I was asked by a health care provider if I can do her dictation notes on her own program, using her own templates, send them to her printer from my computer, like is done with the national company I work for.  How do I do set this up in this day and age?  Can I download her program onto a thumb drive and put in my own computer?  How do I get her templates into my ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Setting Up Clinic Account
Jun 07, 2011

I did transcription for a physician about 15 years ago (drove 20 miles to his office, picked up tapes and returned finished product 2-3 times a week).  He is unhappy with his current transcription service and wants me to do it again.  He uses a digital recorder now and I am not sure how to set things up so I can do it online or through email.  I would greatly appreciate any direction or advice in this area.  ...

Express Scribe Setting?
Oct 06, 2011

Hi I am using Express Scribe 5.24 and need to have the pedals set for rewind timing.. I mean the center pedal that when you release it will self rewind say 3 to 5 seconds   Cant find that, where might that be? ...

Which Setting Do You Have Your Audio Speed On?
Jan 16, 2014

I've always kept mine on 0.8 and thought it was perfect but turned it up yesterday to 1.0 and didn't really notice too much difference.  I like it right around there because I am able to hear every nuance of what is dictated and rarely miss any of the small details.  I read on a different thread that someone else kept theirs much faster so it got me curious what the "average" is.  Is mine ridiculously slow or are some of you just ridiculously fast?  :) ...

S/l J-mar 2 Setting (Dupuytren/hand Strength)
Jun 08, 2010

This patient has dupuytren disease and the doctor dictates the following: His strength in the right is 50 and 50 by s/l j-mar 1 setting.    Any ideas???  ...

Is There A Way To Change The Setting On The Auto Save?
Sep 08, 2010

I think that is one thing that is slowing my computer down.  I notice it gets real sluggish and then the "Auto Save" flases in the bottom tool bar.  ...

Well They Are Setting Us Up For The Next Pay Cut. Classes On Improving Our Keystrokes While Doing A
Nov 04, 2010

nm ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Where To Locate The Foot Pedal Setting On My Computer
Mar 31, 2013

Could someone please tell me where to locate the foot pedal setting on my computer when I want to change what type of pedal I am using?  I haven't done it in so long I can't remember where it is located.  Have been looking all day for it!!!!  Help, please.  Thank you. ...

Question Regarding Setting For Playing Voice Files
May 17, 2013

I am trying to do a transcription test and the company I used to work for changed my computer setup and I can no longer use Express Scribe to play voice files using my foot pedal.  Does anyone know where the settings are to make it play voice files once they are on Express Scribe and where on my computer do I check to see what the foot pedal setting is?  I have been trying to fix this so I can get through the transcription test and hopefully MAYBE ACTUALLY GET A JOB?&nbs ...

On EditScript-9, Is There A Setting That Allows You To Hear A "bong" At The End Of The
Feb 01, 2010

Is there a keyboard command to get to the end of the audio, or do you have to manually slide the little bar with the mouse?     Thanks! ...

Straight Up....
Jan 04, 2011

This board is full of so many negatives about Medquist.  Can anyone tell me anything GOOD about Medquist? TIA ...

ASR Vs Straight
Jan 28, 2014

Noticing today that I am doing a LOT more typing than editing.  Hoping this is NOT the new trend.  Also, whole paragraphs added that were not dictated.  It just keeps getting more and more complicated. ...

Please, Let's Get This Straight.
Dec 07, 2014

Nuance is doing YOU, the MT, no favor when they say they willl pay the minimum wage.  They are REQUIRED by federal law to pay you the minimum wage based upon your state's minimum wage rate.  If you think that you will drop below minimum wage because of #s of reports sent to QA, errors, or whatever, understand by federal law, Nuance has no choice but to pay up, they cannot skirt it.  It is s a federal law!  There are a lot of erroneous posts on here.  Please do your ...

Straight Away Gait?
Feb 04, 2010

Gait was a bit unsteady on tandem, but was not diagnostic on the straight away gait ...

I'm Back - Now Let Me Get This Straight
Aug 19, 2010

I never intended to be back with MQ, but they bought the company I work for.  Now do I understand correctly that since I've been gone MQ has eliminated ALL bonus and/or incentive pay? ...

Who Has Straight Typing ...
Sep 21, 2010

NM ...

ASR Vs Straight Typing
Oct 15, 2010

Got new accounts for the last 2 weeks that are not ASR (yet) so have been doing about 90% straight typing.  I have been averaging about $20 more per day than when I do ASR.  They can sell whatever snake oil they want, I can type faster and make more money straight typing than I can with their much-touted fabulous ASR --- EVEN ON BRAND NEW UNFAMILIAR ACCOUNTS.  ...

Straight-leg Testing ?
Nov 03, 2010

Hyphen or no hyphen?  I am finding both ways.  Thanks for any help! ...

Are Any Of You Transcribing Straight Into EMR?
Dec 29, 2010

I was wondering if any of you are transcribing straight into EMR and if you are, how does that work? How different is it to standard MT? Do you use it in conjunction with VR? Do you work for a large or small hospital, clinic, or physician's office? Specialty? Anything else I forgot to ask?  LOL ...

What Is Straight Typing?
Jul 07, 2011

I'm just a tad embarrassed but I need to ask.  I just applied for a job that is "straight typing" but I don't know what that means.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks. ...

Ok....give It To Me STRAIGHT!
Dec 07, 2011

I have been considering going to Andrews to become an MT for and I have never done it because I get on these boards and get scared to death! I have worked in the Medical field for 13 years (as a clinical tech and surgery....included in that is some limited transcription and scribing). I now stay home with my kids. I have one in school and the other in pre-school. I would love to be an MT because I love the medical field and I would love something I can do from home. I do not expect to get rich. ...

Is 8 Cpl For Straight Transcription As An IC Too Low?
Dec 17, 2011

I'm looking to transition from being an employee to an IC postion.  I've been offered 8 cpl for straight transcription.  Is this the new going rate, or should I hold out for more?  I've got about 9 years of experience.  Thanks! ...

Looking For Straight Transcription Job
May 04, 2012

Does anyone know of a company that is hiring for straight transcription? My job recently changed over to speech recognition and my pay has been cut almost in half because of it. ...

Does Anyone Here Do Straight VR Editing For TTS?
Jun 19, 2012

Wondering how many lines you are able to do per hour. I have not done only VR editing before and am not sure I can make enough $ at it. TIA your replies. ...