A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Meditech is a horror to learn - RustyFingers

Posted: Jul 24, 2014

Are there any MTs on the board that are currently using, have used Meditech? Years ago I was told Meditech is a horror to learn and use, very slow and cumbersome jumping screen to screen before actually typing anything.  Does this still hold true? Has it been improved? Any comments would be appreciated.  TIA.

Meditech - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Still the same. Work off multiple screens.

it WAS a horror to learn - beulah

[ In Reply To ..]
however, the training wasn't very good, and the trainers themselves didn't seem very proficient. But eventually we got used to it and then of course it was fairly easy.

Meditech not so bad, I loved it. Everything different has - a learning curve.

[ In Reply To ..]
Give it a little time, you'll be flipping in and out of reports before you know it.

Similar Messages:

Is Meditech Hard To Learn And Easy To Make $$?
Aug 02, 2012

Thinking of applying to KS.  The position I would apply for uses Meditech.  I have only used Escription, so how do these compare?  Thanks !! ...

ESL ASR Horror...sm
Nov 20, 2010

This is actually what the dictator said.   "Patient has been drinking 12-20 beers every day and has had blackouts but denies any seizures. Denies any denies any seizures. Denies any blackouts but denies any seizures and denies any but denies any seizures, blackouts but denies any sezures and denies any seizure disorder."   INMO, we don't get paid enough to fix this crap. ...

Need To Learn New Accounts Or Learn DEP
May 26, 2011

Just got an e-mail today that we have to learn new accounts with new account specifics, in addition to working on our present account. They are sending our present account to India, but still keeping some of it. I don't know which would be easier - volunteering for a new account or learning DEP. I was told that if we start to type on DEP, they will have to send us a new computer with new programs, because we can't have Cornerstone and DEP on the same computer (probably).  I did a ...

New Movie Release: "The I-M*Modal-ityville Horror"
Feb 09, 2012

Coming soon to a workspace near you.  ...

Meditech/EMR
May 23, 2011

I work for a small hospital and we have just recently started typing our H&P's into EMR. The problem with EMR is that it uses Word (not Microsoft Word) and we have no auto correct and no medical spell checker. We were told that we could not get either installed in the EMR. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Also, we were told that we could not cut and paste into the EMR, which is what we had been doing due to no auto correct or spell checker, because it is noncompliance with the H ...

Where Does One Learn
Apr 24, 2013

to be a legal transcriptionist?  Seeing more and more ads for this.  ...

Another Example Of SR Cannot Learn.In PE,Dr ALWAYS
May 03, 2013

VP always sticks "lower" onto the abdomen exam. Have to delete it from abdomen and add it to the PE subheading "Lower Extremities."  There is no other way to edit it, everybody has to edit it this way.  But SR keeps getting it wrong.  We all need to have a couple of these examples ready for when Phil the IT guy says it is US editing wrong that causes the program not to learn.  Or if you abbreviation says it is everyone with different editing styles causing the VR fiasco. ...

Meditech Question
Nov 06, 2009

I accidentally added the wrong spelling of a word in the dictionary in Meditech.  Anyone know how to delete this from the dictionary?  Thanks a ton! ...

Meditech Lines
Feb 26, 2010

I am wonderinig about how Meditech counts lines; if they pay on 65 character line and say meditech does not have that many characters on a line, but around 49-50, do you come out less or does it equal out in the end ?  Thanks everyone.  Just love the program ...

MEDITECH MAGIC HELP
Jun 30, 2010

Is anyone currently working on Meditech Magic platform and using Autocorrects?  I cannot find where or how to add these on the Magic platform.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! ...

Question About Meditech
Sep 08, 2010

I have an opportunity to cover weekends on an account that uses the Meditech platform. I have not used this before. Is it difficult to learn? Are there many steps or can you fly through it?  ...

Meditech F9 Issue
Dec 16, 2010

My fiance is learning meditech and is very frustrated.  When she enters the patient id and hits f9 the program freezes up and she can't do anything.   She is using a dell laptop.   How can we fix this problem?   thanks ...

Anybody Ever Work With Meditech? 
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody ever work with Meditech?  ...

Anyone Hate Meditech As Much As I Do?
Jun 29, 2012

Anyone hate meditech as much as I do?  It is impossible to type more than 50 reports unless you work more than 8 hours a day.  They dont care if you work more than 8 hours a day, (cause there is tons of work) but don't put that on your time card.  You have to work on your days off cause you don't make enough money unless you do.  If you only get paid 1 dollar per report you can go on disability for the rest of your life and pretty much live on 900 a month anyway.  meditech has so ...

Applied At KS. Ad Says They Use Meditech. S/M
Jul 03, 2012

I just searched the archives for Meditech 2012 and this platform sounds like it sucks.  I have just learned the Escription platform but I need a day job and hate this VR crap.  My question is you who are working on Meditech, is it still time consuming and cutting into your pay?   ...

Meditech - Bold
Jun 17, 2015

Need some assistance with Bolding in Meditech. Say for example I need to bold a heading and I've already typed the heading without the bold. Are there certain function keys where I can bold the heading? Thanks for any help ...

How Do I Learn Radiology?
Aug 22, 2010

What's the best way to learn Radiology? I have no experience in this specialty. Should I just wait until I get a new job and am in it for a while, then ask to be trained on a Radiology account? ...

How Best To Learn Pediatrics?
Nov 16, 2010

I've been an MT for decades, but am soon going to be involved in a project involving a large pediatric/children's hospital account, and I need to learn pediatrics.I am told that the main differences between peds and everything else have to do with normal lab values and medication dosages.Can you pediatrics experts refer me to any good reference websites and/or reference books that I could study to bring myself up to speed? Thanks! ...

Best Place To Learn
May 03, 2012

Hi All:  Been a CMT for a very, very long time and ready to get out of the business after losing thousands upon thousands these last few years.  Can anyone recommended a great on-line, at-home place to learn coding and become certified.  Can one be hired straight from a school these days?   Thanks :) ...

So Want To Just Transcribe Really??? Learn To
Sep 02, 2012

Not a good day thats for sure ...

How Do They Learn To Write That Way?
Sep 19, 2012

that say nothing?  I need to learn how to do that.  Can anyone explain why we have 2 different speech engines (that's what I gather from the email anyway, but I'm only a college graduate).  Two engines are better than one? ...

You Can Learn A Lot Looking At Job Audit
Nov 17, 2012

Hmmm this job has been "discarded" a few times.  Couple of jobs have been "discarded" by the same person.  "Discarded" happens when you log out.  Can also see what has been "abandoned", funny, the same names keep showing up.  Truth be told, these dictators they are dumping are not all that bad.  All that logging in and out and abandoning must make for a long day.  Sometimes the easiest answer is to just do the job. ...

Where Do They Learn To Spell?
Apr 29, 2013

The doc just spelled two drugs:   1. FLORASE 2. SPLRIVA   Flonase and Spiriva   What the????? ...

What A Lot Of People Here Need To Learn
Nov 22, 2013

Rather fitting.. ...

Wow Ms. PA Learn To Spell
Dec 31, 2013

Can't spell what is wrong correctly, continually spells it wrong at every turn, and pronounce the rest? Lots of blanks, I'm not leaving a misspelled word in there don't care how many times you spell it wrong. And who am I to correct them? ...

Learn To Uh Uh Speak Uh Would You Uh Uh
Sep 04, 2014

uh it's uh hard to type uh uh when uh you uh speak with uh uh all the pauses uh uh JERK. ...

Meditech Copy And Paste
Nov 11, 2009

I'm just training on an old version of Meditech, I think it's V 4.5.  I don't see any way to block text or copy and paste.  My trainer isn't familiar with this version, either.   Does anyone know how to do it?  Thanks! ...

Anyone Have Any Knowledge Of The Meditech Platform
Nov 21, 2009

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Meditech platform. I start with a new company soon and have no idea how it works. Would like to go into training with the learning curve in my favor... ...

Meditech Magic Platform
Jun 30, 2010

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is famiiliar with the Meditech Magic platform and how to use Autocorrects?  I recently started a new job with this platform and cannot find where or how to add Autocorrects.  Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!  Thank you. ...

What The Meditech Shift Plus F Keys Do
Apr 15, 2010

I am looking for anyone that has some information on what the Meditech shift plus F keys do.  For instance, if I am editing in a document and want to change the font to bold while in the document, how do I mark the text I want to change and then bold it?  I have just been assigned a new account and it is driving me crazy. I used Meditech many years ago and have forgotten how to do a lot of the functions. Thanks in advance.   ...