A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is it worth it to send out letters looking for more work? Where to look-big clinics or small clinics - MT20

Posted: Nov 07, 2012

Or is it even feasable right now to look for new clients? Any advice appreciated. Also, what's with this site?? Every time I try to post a message, I have to put in my info several times.

NO! - Dina

[ In Reply To ..]
To answer your question, you NEVER want to do ANYTHING that might bring business your way, so by you not sending out letters, you will absolutely guarantee yourself no business via that avenue. I suggest you just sit back - do nothing - pop open a box of bon-bons - and wait ... keeping your fingers crossed that business comes knocking on your door!

Actually that does work.. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I am avoiding new business, yet I get calls from physicians and new clients despite the fact. I even have an unlisted number now, but somebody seems to be passing out the number for dictating or my email address... seriously.

Build your own website. It attracts more business than sending out letters. You will also have more luck speaking to the doctors in person than mailing.

Well-send them my way ): I do have a website - MT20

[ In Reply To ..]
but how to make meta tags and all that to lead them there is way beyone me so I thought if I send letters I could put my website address on them. I live in a rural area so mailing is a better option for me it seems. Thanks.

That's a great suggestion - Dina

[ In Reply To ..]
... and a suggestion that I think the original poster should follow; i.e., sit back, do nothing, and wait for the phone to ring with referrals. In between the waiting, she can build a web site and once finished, wait for the phone to ring with new business. So the key words here are WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST! (I'm really trying not to laugh!)

ha ha you're so funny. Actually I'm thinking with all the voice recognition and point-and- - MT20

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Above post was to Dina - MT20

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It is posted correctly but you trailed off there a tad. - passer by NM
[ In Reply To ..]

Right! - Dina

[ In Reply To ..]
With all the point-and-click and VR, there is NO MORE BUSINESS LEFT in our country. It has ALL dried up. There are no doctors or hospitals who dictate any longer, and there are no companies left who have the need to dictate. Business is gone. All gone. There's nothing left to do but wring our hands and moan and groan on this board.

Now the above is a farce, but I have to tell you it's been a long time since I've been on a board that is full of so much doom and gloom. It if weren't so tragic in that some people actually believe the doom/gloom, it would be hilarious.

I'm going to say no more. Either you take the bull by the horns and do what you have to do or sit back, pop open a box of bon-bons and wait for something to happen....

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Out There Work For VA Hospitals/clinics?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello! :)  I've noticed a HUGE drop in work flow mid-Nov through mid-April and was just curious if others notice that too.  Is it just VA or is it b/c of the time of year and everyone goes south?!?  I LOVE working for this company, but it has gotten so "hot and cold" over the past 2 years.  I would love to remain working on VA accounts, but I need more consistent work throughout the year.  Any tips? ...

Psych And Misc Clinics
Jan 03, 2013

Has anyone applied for these positions and heard anything from the company yet?  ...

SOAP Formats For Clinics?
Mar 17, 2014

Hello, can anyone tell me of a good company that just does SOAP formats for clinics? Trying to find something to work on evenings and weekends. thank you ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

Small Mouth Or Small Mouthed?
Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not? I find it both ways for both questions. Looking for input from the pros here, thank you. ...

Do You Have To Do Letters As An MT?
Oct 21, 2009

n ...

Letters To Congress
Mar 27, 2015

Regarding pay, work conditions, etc., the only clear out of bounds complaints we have are 1)  Unpaid work.  The concept that we can do this 'on the clock' is a double whammy. You end up getting paid LESS than if you did it on your own time. I've clocked alll this unpaid work very conservatively.  It is 48-52 hours annually. Fair wage and labor standards in your state deals with that or you can form a strong coalition of MTs and find an employment attorney. The one I consulte ...

Letters On Keyboard Wearing Off
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard where the letters won't wear off and has to be USB. ...

Transcribing Letters Question
Jan 08, 2010

If you are transcribing a dictated letter from one physician to another in regards to a pt, wouldnt the date at the top of the letter be the date that you typed the letter?  It doesnt seem that it would be the date of service or is this a preference thing of a physican or transcription company which date you put up there?  ...

Do You Get Pain For Cc's On Notes And Letters?
Nov 21, 2011

s ...

Why Do A Lot Of Doctors Who Dictate Letters To
Jun 05, 2014

or sometimes even within the state don't bother to spell the doctor's name?  There are a million doctors on the account hospital list, and if it's anything unusual (most of the time), I go crazy trying to sound it out and looking for it. :p  Of course, if the doctor is out of state, 99% of the time it's not even listed.  I hate doing correspondence.  Was doing all operative reports before this for many years and liked that much better.   ...

Letters Wearing Off Keyboard...anyone Have A Solution?
Sep 07, 2010

Anyone had any luck with a white sharpie?  I've heard of those letter stickers but also hear they don't last.  TIA!! ...

What Type Of Information Do You Put In Your Cover Letters? (sm)
Feb 11, 2011

I generally introduce myself with my name, state how long I have been a MT and just a very short overview of my experience, as well as position I am seeking, IC, for instance.  My cover letter is only 5 lines.  Is this the norm for everyone else?  When I first typed my cover letter I did some research and it stated to make the letter as short as possible and to highlight your "strong" points.  Just curious ... thanks for any opinions, advice, etc. ...

Do You Use All Capital Letters For SCARF Osteotomy?
Apr 19, 2011

I have a dr. who consistently says all capital letters for that.  I always thought it was just scarf because it had to do with the type of incision. ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Am I The Only One Who Wears Letters Of Keys In No Time?
Mar 18, 2012

Usually I apply a coat of clear nail polish to the keys, but this time I forgot, and just since December I have already worn most the letters off my keyboard.  Spent most of the day on line trying to find another KB like the one I have.    Do any of you guys go through KBs like water???? ...

Initials D By/T By Author Different From Signature Letters
May 24, 2013

If a letter is dictated by one person on behalf of another (the "another" is the one signing the letter), what do I put for the initials at the end of the letter? ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

Small-bowel Versus Small Bowel
Jun 08, 2015

I've always just used "small bowel," but then noticed most put "small-bowel," I assume to differentiate it as being part of the intestine as opposed to a small, or little bowel.  Okay, that makes sense, so I stated hyphenating small-bowel.  However, I just got marked off by QA for putting in a hyphen!  No matter what you do or don't do, you're screwed!  I do believe they just look for ways to antagonize so you'll never feel appreciated.  ...

On Holter Monitor, Rare Premature"H O" Contractions. (sounds Like Letters)
Jun 09, 2010

On Holter monitor, there were rare premature ventricular contractions and rare premature s/l HO or EHO contractions.  ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Sum CDs Worth?
Nov 25, 2009

I was a student at M-TEC and dropped out. I have all 3 SUM CDs still. One is opened and 2 are still sealed. I just don't know what these are worth and can't find anyone selling them that has a listed price anywhere. Thanks in advance for your help on this!   ...

Is It Worth It?
Feb 18, 2012

Editing at .04 cpl, is it worth it? For 250 lines per hour, that is $10 an hour. Maybe that is good considering we work at home? Seeking opinions, please. Not trying to start a war. ...

What We Are Worth
Mar 08, 2012

I invite any person of management in any MTSO to sit at their computer for an entire shift and see what we go through day after day and see if they feel they are being paid a proper, living wage.  There are way too many factors that eat into the paltry wage we start out with, and it's high time this was recognized as an occupational hazard and we are duly compensated.  It's only going to get worse, not better, if something isn't done.  Of course, I realize nobody r ...

Getting Out Is So Worth It
Mar 20, 2012

Looking for a job is terrifying, heart-in-throat time.  On the other hand...you discover there are jobs with YEARLY EVALUATIONS (yes!)...RAISES (double yes!)...PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES (I can't believe it!)...absolutely stunning, you don't realize how brainwashed you are, how hammered you are, till you GET OUT. Scared...but free. Don't think of it as shaking like a leaf.  Think of it as fluttering like a butterfly. ...

We Are Worth More
Apr 22, 2012

We are worth more in so many ways.  I am very disheartened with the way things have changed in our profession.  We used to be paid much better, and have a better chance of moving up the ladder as well.  Now we are almost at poverty level on wages.  I really don't understand how anyone can expect people who are very highly trained and specialized in this field to live on what we are being paid, or to treat us as if we are second-class citizens.  I would challenge any ...

What You Are Worth
May 12, 2012

I'm curious.  How many of you cheering on this lawsuit think that things will change in a way that you will be paid "what you are worth?"  And what are you worth?  I mean seriously?  Is someone who does a lousy job as valuable as someone who does a stellar job?  Is someone with a shoddy education as valuable as someone with a first-class education?  How about those with no formal education at all? What is it you all think you will really accomplish with a law ...

New MT Is It Worth It?
Aug 18, 2012

I graduated a year and a half ago from a very good MT school. I graduated with high honors and felt ready to tackle this profession. I wanted to do this because it has always been my dream to be a stay at home mom and with this profession I felt like I got the best of both worlds. When I researched MT are suposed to make 30K or more. So I figured as a newbie maybe 20K or even 18K. Wow was I wrong. I got hired about 2 months out of school which was a huge relief but things rapidly went down hill. ...

CMT Worth It?
Sep 08, 2012

I'm getting ready to buckle down and study for my CMT.  I got my RMT this spring and promised myself that I would get the CMT before I forgot too much.  I'm having trouble motivating myself to memorize all the abbreviations (this seems to be a favorite type of question), so I'm wondering how folks who have their CMT feel about whether or not it has helped them with their career or not.  Thanks for encouragement or discouragement.  I'd really like to know. ...

This Just Isn't Worth It
May 04, 2013

I have over 30 years experience.  I have worked in 2 major hospitals and as an independent contractor.  I know what I am doing.  Problem is, I am human.  I make mistakes.  But with this company, 1 mistake is huge.  It can bring your accuracy score down below their guidelines.  Just for a left out word that does not change the context.   I have just about had enough.  I really don't have to be talked to like a toddler when I make a mistake.&n ...