A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do you get pain for cc's on notes and letters? - Thanks. NM

Posted: Nov 21, 2011

s

Sorry, do you get PAID for cc's? - I do know they are a pain. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

cc'ing physicians - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
Depends on what was agreed upon on contract. Some accounts yes when at the top of the letter and some no if the cc is only after signature block. Depends on IC contract/account.

Definitely - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
YES I get a LOT of pain doing CCs on notes and letters, most specifically headache pain but sometimes they can be a huge pain in the butt too.

I get "pain" from cc's because I don't get PAID for them! - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Nope. Stinks doesn't it. - IAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't get paid for pend notes either. Also get paid edit CPL for adding text to templates. None of this seems right, does it?

Similar Messages:

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

Do You Have To Do Letters As An MT?
Oct 21, 2009

n ...

Letters To Congress
Mar 27, 2015

Regarding pay, work conditions, etc., the only clear out of bounds complaints we have are 1)  Unpaid work.  The concept that we can do this 'on the clock' is a double whammy. You end up getting paid LESS than if you did it on your own time. I've clocked alll this unpaid work very conservatively.  It is 48-52 hours annually. Fair wage and labor standards in your state deals with that or you can form a strong coalition of MTs and find an employment attorney. The one I consulte ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Letters On Keyboard Wearing Off
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard where the letters won't wear off and has to be USB. ...

Transcribing Letters Question
Jan 08, 2010

If you are transcribing a dictated letter from one physician to another in regards to a pt, wouldnt the date at the top of the letter be the date that you typed the letter?  It doesnt seem that it would be the date of service or is this a preference thing of a physican or transcription company which date you put up there?  ...

Why Do A Lot Of Doctors Who Dictate Letters To
Jun 05, 2014

or sometimes even within the state don't bother to spell the doctor's name?  There are a million doctors on the account hospital list, and if it's anything unusual (most of the time), I go crazy trying to sound it out and looking for it. :p  Of course, if the doctor is out of state, 99% of the time it's not even listed.  I hate doing correspondence.  Was doing all operative reports before this for many years and liked that much better.   ...

Letters Wearing Off Keyboard...anyone Have A Solution?
Sep 07, 2010

Anyone had any luck with a white sharpie?  I've heard of those letter stickers but also hear they don't last.  TIA!! ...

What Type Of Information Do You Put In Your Cover Letters? (sm)
Feb 11, 2011

I generally introduce myself with my name, state how long I have been a MT and just a very short overview of my experience, as well as position I am seeking, IC, for instance.  My cover letter is only 5 lines.  Is this the norm for everyone else?  When I first typed my cover letter I did some research and it stated to make the letter as short as possible and to highlight your "strong" points.  Just curious ... thanks for any opinions, advice, etc. ...

Do You Use All Capital Letters For SCARF Osteotomy?
Apr 19, 2011

I have a dr. who consistently says all capital letters for that.  I always thought it was just scarf because it had to do with the type of incision. ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Am I The Only One Who Wears Letters Of Keys In No Time?
Mar 18, 2012

Usually I apply a coat of clear nail polish to the keys, but this time I forgot, and just since December I have already worn most the letters off my keyboard.  Spent most of the day on line trying to find another KB like the one I have.    Do any of you guys go through KBs like water???? ...

Initials D By/T By Author Different From Signature Letters
May 24, 2013

If a letter is dictated by one person on behalf of another (the "another" is the one signing the letter), what do I put for the initials at the end of the letter? ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

HELP!! My QA Notes Are Not Going Through!
Mar 29, 2010

I just got another email from my QA super saying that I should have left a QA note for a report, however I did. This is the third time this has happened to me. I have called support and they say there is nothing wrong, but I only work 3 hours a day (other full time job during the day) so I remember the reports that I type. Is this happening to anyone else? I've am already on probation and this isn't going to look good obviously, but I don't want to sound like I am making ...

Op Notes
Apr 19, 2010

When everything after heading is numbers (such as IV FLUIDS 1500 ml, EBL 2000 ml, etc.), do you spell out fifteen hundred milliliters and two thousand milliliters?  That is how I interpret the rule of not starting a sentence with numerals, but it really does cloudy the waters and make the op note less easy to read.  ...

QA Notes
Jul 07, 2012

If you insert a QA marker, how do you close the QA note box at the bottom?  Ctrl+C doesn't work.  I have to manually click in the report to get it to close.  Is there a shortcut? ...

To Those Of You Using MQ's Lotus Notes,
Oct 12, 2009

Have you performed your upgrade yet, did you have any problems with it, and are we required to do it?  ...

QUESTION ABOUT OP NOTES Sm
May 24, 2010

I used to specialize in op notes but for the past 3 years I have not found a company where I could solely specialize in op notes so I have kinda gotten rusty.  What I have noticed in the past 3 years is the few op notes that have come my way are by the worst ESL dictators.  Is this a trend in op notes now? Does it seem that they are done mostly by ESLs?  I was just curious as to other MTs recent experience with op notes, especially those who work is mostly op n ...

Would Like To Compare Notes With Others New To MQ,
Apr 16, 2011

especially if you're on a southwestern account and doing editing for the first time.   I started with MQ last month and feel very discouraged, mainly for all the minor negative feedback I'm getting.  I'd like to know how the other new employees are doing so I can get a sense of where I stand.  I keep thinking any day now I'll get a notice I'm fired.   Email me directly and dish it out. ...

Do YOU Get More Lines Doing Op Notes?
Mar 07, 2012

I had op notes added to my q last week.  My line count has went up quite a bit due to the doctors using templates for a lot of op notes and the fact that they say the same things usually.  Anyone else end up with more lines doing op notes?  ...

Surgical Notes
Oct 15, 2012

Did anyone who applied for the Surgical Notes position get a reply? ...

Live Notes, Anybody?
Jun 08, 2013

I have a chance to get in with an MT company that also offers their ICs a chance at live note taking.  It doesn't pay too good, though, less than what the standard reports pay per audio minute.  I have never done this.  Can someone explain to me how it works?  I have heard that "live notes are typed in one pass."  What does this mean? ...

Pend Notes, Etc. How Far Do You Go?
Dec 05, 2013

Did anyone else get the speech again about pend notes being too long? I can understand why they want us to be "professional" about it but if there is an ODD problem (and there always is!), how am I supposed to tell them? Today, it said referring physician was Alan so-and-so, so, there was no ALAN So and so in the list so, I had to leave a blank BUT, the HPI mentions Albert So and So. Um.... okay, but still no Albert so and so.... Then, back to Alan, so and so, then at the end, copy to Albert ...

How To Know Which Notes I Read
Apr 17, 2015

Hi all, I used to be able to tell which notes I read on a forum, because they showed up in a different color. Something got switched on or off, and now I have no idea which notes I've read, and which ones I haven't. I use Google Chrome. A lot of things are different in Google Chrome than IE, and I don't know if this is an IE vs Chrome issue, but if anyone uses Chrome and knows for sure how I can fix this, please let me know. Thanks! ...

On Holter Monitor, Rare Premature"H O" Contractions. (sounds Like Letters)
Jun 09, 2010

On Holter monitor, there were rare premature ventricular contractions and rare premature s/l HO or EHO contractions.  ...

Is It Worth It To Send Out Letters Looking For More Work? Where To Look-big Clinics Or Small Clinics
Nov 07, 2012

Or is it even feasable right now to look for new clients? Any advice appreciated. Also, what's with this site?? Every time I try to post a message, I have to put in my info several times. ...