A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I see that more than 150 people have looked at my post, but no recommendations - Suzie

Posted: Apr 24, 2015

Dear Friends: 

I see that more than 150 people looked at my message, but no recommendations as of yet. I hate be a bother, but can I get some recommendations for headphones for people who use hearing aids.  Thanks so much. 

Sincerely, 

Suzie

Headphones - Hearing

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a new one on me. Didn't even know about headphones with hearing aids. Maybe call one of the on-line companies and talk to them; mine was in Chicago where I got my headphones - I may need the same thing; have had a plugged ear for two months now and can't hear good half the time. I see Bose makes them and they are probably really expensive.

Maybe none of the 150 - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
people who looked at your post use hearing aids or have any information that would help you.

The mere posting of a question does not automatically entitle one to a response.

Google "headphones with hearing aid compatibility" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I googled that and learned a lot about hearing aid compatible headsets.

I don't wear a hearing aid, so I have no personal experience with this. I have known MTs who used only one side of a headset, though, and I have done this on occasion myself. It needs to be a mono headset, not a stereo, like the original Lanier and Dictaphone. You do not actually need a stereo headset...the mono are fine.

I would ask your audiologist what you should do. They know, I am sure.

Sorry that I can't be more help, but I know little else about this.

I recently researched headsets, but ... - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
I bought the type that go in your ear. You probably need the ones that go over the ear like headphones, but lightweight. I remember seeing a couple like this. Amazon caries a lot of headsets and have reviews on most of them. You might try there. I also Googled "Transcription headset reviews" and found that helpful. Good luck.

hearing aids - wendy

[ In Reply To ..]
I would recommend the BOSE over the ear head phones. One of the ladies that worked with me had hearing aids and because the cupped around her entire ear, she was able to hear quite very well with her hearing aids and no discomfort.

Similar Messages:

Recommendations For Headphones For People With Small Ear Canals
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have tiny ear canals and openings and because of that my Spectra headphones broke and now I would like recommendations about headphones would be good for me, with my small ear canals.  Do you recommend the stethescope type headphones?  I saw a brand on line on the Dictation Warehouse called Grundig Swingphone USB headset, has anyone heard of this brand and if so the pros and cons of this brand. I would like recommendations.  Thanks. Fondly, Suzanne ...

Recommendations For Headsets For People With Small Ear Canals/openings
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have small ear canals/openings and because of that my Spectra headsets broke because I have to push them in too far and they will not fit and now the copper wire disoldged and now I am looking to buy another pair.  I went on the Dictation Warehouse site and talked to a rep there and he said that a good headset for people with small ear canals/openings is Grundig swing phone USB PC headset; have any of you heard of this bra ...

The Post Office Is About To Lay Off 100,000 People
Dec 05, 2011

I just read an article yesterday on Huffington Post that because the Post Office is losing so much money they are gearing up to close hundreds of post offices around the country which will include up to 100,000 layoffs.  I can't even wrap my mind around that number.  Anyone who says we are not in a depression has their head in the sand.  ...

Questions For QA/post Audit People
Jan 14, 2015

I have noticed that sometimes my post audits in FIESA will have a blank added in there by QA for something that they feel is "unclear."  They will take out whatever I have typed and blank it. I have not received error points for any of these things (so far).  I guess it's just something that they couldn't make out as well as I could? I have exclusives, and I know them well, but they are good dictators and not hard to understand at all. For example, one sentence (which my doc ...

Now I Know Why People Post Questions On The Boards Rather Than Ask Supervisors
Jan 18, 2010

The original company I worked for was sold to a big company and I had loads of unanswered questions.  I would call supervisor or someone who had been in contact with the peeps from my old company and ask away.  Now I find out I have been labeled a troublemaker because I ask too many questions.  I guess I would have been wiser to just come on this board and fire away with complaints, questions or anything else I wanted to know.  I know my future is gone now where I am. &n ...

Why Do People Post "thank You Notes" Here To Their Companies For Christmas Gifts? Sm
Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech. I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece worker ...

Have Any Of You Looked Into.......
Aug 25, 2013

.......getting an RHIT?  This is just one of the things I am considering. ...

Just Looked At My W2
Jan 21, 2015

I haven't made such a low amount since the early 90s, and that was working a low-paying job with great benefits - which was the only thing that kept me there. ...

Don't Know Why I Even Looked...
Jun 22, 2015

Open for any suggestions on how to handle this one?  I am on vacation.  I'm from Chicago and right now in a hotel in Asheville NC on a road trip until July 1!  I checked my email and saw that I have a failed audit and have a scheded mandatory conference call on Wednesday at 11 am. Well, I am going to be in the van with my family on my way to Virginia at that time!!  Should I call and let the pod mistress know or act like I never checked?  I had such a feeling someth ...

Feel Like I Have Looked EVERYWHERE
Oct 19, 2010

Where to look now?  I feel like I have looked everywhere possible.  I applied to a place in Minnesota.  They had told me, "After we review all of your tests (which I passed) and your application, along with your online interview, you will be contacted."  I have not yet been contacted, and that was on 9/22.  I have emailed them and everything, and they have not responded.  I was thinking about calling them, but should I even bother? Also, I had advice from my mother ...

Regarding Paychecks. I Looked At How Many Hours
Jan 10, 2010

I decided to look how many hours left in PTO and it was deducted today because I used some PTO on this paycheck that should have been deposited in my account yesterday morning.  I think that is good news?  Payroll doing their job?  Maybe it means paychecks should be in our accounts in pending mode which should be deposited first and then deductions taken out next.  Otherwise, my direct deposit check would not show until the 12th which to me, is one day late.  ...

Have You Ever Looked Up Your TSM On Google Or Facebook?
Oct 22, 2013

I was curious what she looked like so I looked her up.  She looks *exactly* like she sounds.  Have you ever looked yours up?  ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Looked Up My Account On Google. Curious.
Aug 18, 2012

They are hiriing MT's in-house.  Looking for an MT who graduated from high school, some college experience in medical transcription and 1-2 years experience.  Pay is 15.50-22.50 an hour with benefits.  I'm applying!  ...

What A Smack In The Face! Just Looked At My Pay Stub For The 1st Time
Nov 11, 2010

in a few months. I get direct deposit and rarely check my pay stubs on line. I've been doing significantly more lines this month so I wanted to see exactly what I make per line on ASR. I went from 6.75 to .555!! What? I am SO upset and disappointed. Why didn't they tell me about this huge cut in pay? Here I was calculating my lines at the 6+ rate, only to see on my pay stub that I've been making substantially less per line. I feel sick! I am going to contact my supe, but I don ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

Patient Wrote This On His Chart - Grispang For Ringworm. ?? I Looked On Google And Unless I'm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Patient Had C6-7 ACDF Surgery *cancerous* Part Of The Graft Looked Satisfactory??? Thanks. Nm
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Your Recommendations, Please.
Jul 16, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good small company that will pay a decent line rate, not make me learn a new platform and treat me with respect?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Training Recommendations
Apr 11, 2011

I went to a seminar for At-Home Professions. The training course is about 5 months. I am trying to decide if I finish the courses, will there be employment opportunities?   ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Chair Recommendations?
Oct 18, 2012

Can anybody recommend a good chair? I am petite, 5 feet 6 inches but small and need cushioning. I need a chair for an extended day (12-20 hours), preferrably without arms, which seem to get in my way. An affordable one not over $400 if possible and fabric, as it is always hot where I live. Thanks ...

Headset Recommendations
Jan 11, 2013

I need to get a new headset as mine is wearing out. I haven't ever bought a headset before and just used the ones that came with my transcribers as they worked fine on the computer as well. I tried the stethescope type and didn't like them but otherwise would like some thoughts on what might be good ones to try.  Thanks! ...

Expander Recommendations?
Jun 30, 2013

I'm looking for just a basic expander program that works similar to Word auto correct.  I've found two that seem to work very much like the one I'm used to, and similar to auto correct.  One is FastFox by NCH (affordable) and the other is Speed Type (expensive, but may be worth it??).  Does anyone use either of these?   Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!   ...