A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recommendations for headsets for people with small ear canals/openings - Suzie

Posted: Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends:

I seem to have small ear canals/openings and because of that my Spectra headsets broke because I have to push them in too far and they will not fit and now the copper wire disoldged and now I am looking to buy another pair.  I went on the Dictation Warehouse site and talked to a rep there and he said that a good headset for people with small ear canals/openings is Grundig swing phone USB PC headset; have any of you heard of this brand and if so can you give me pros and cons of this brand.  Thanks. 

I would like recommendations that you all think would be good for people with small ear canals/openings.

Thanks so much.

Fondly,

Suzie

regular headphones - RB

[ In Reply To ..]
I have relatively small ear canals and they usually will not stay in my ears. I also noticed I was getting ear infections quite regularly. I switched over to the noise cancelling type headphones that cover the ear and I love them. I look like Princess Lea while I am typing, but thats ok. I am comfortable and can hear well. I initially bought a pair for like $5 just to try them out and liked them. I bought a better pair, but they were still only about $40 and well worth the money.

Me too, and can't stand any beans in my ears anymore because of that. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I like Sony over-the-ear headphones in general, but looking to replace the ones I have now because they're getting loose/sloppy. Thanks to your post, I checked out one of my old favorites that have been out of stock at Radioshack for a while, and they're back! (see link) They're Koss headphones that usually run about $39.99, often could wait for a sale and get them at $19.99, but now $15.99. Web only, so you can have them shipped to you or get free shipping & handling by having them delivered to your nearest Radio Shack to pick up (which is what I'm doing).

Check out the reviews, and again, thanks for your post, yay! Also, I was getting ear infections even with over-the-ear headphones, and one doc told me to regularly use a little alcohol on a Q-tip (not too far in, of course) to help with that, which has kept them mostly at bay. Flares up every now and again, and every time, I realize it's when I've neglected to dry out my sweaty headphone ears with alcohol on a consistent basis again.

I use a wireless headset (nm) - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]

I use Sennheiser wireless over-ear headphones - and absolutely love them.. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I paid a pretty penny for them, around $150 I think, but I've had them forever now, at least 8 years now. I did replace the headphone cushions at one point but they still work great. I love that I can get up from my desk and that I'm unplugged, so to speak! I also look like Princess Leia a lot but hey, lotsa guys loved her back in the day. Ha ha I often forget and answer the door with them on. Egad, what a sight!

Similar Messages:

Recommendations For Headphones For People With Small Ear Canals
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have tiny ear canals and openings and because of that my Spectra headphones broke and now I would like recommendations about headphones would be good for me, with my small ear canals.  Do you recommend the stethescope type headphones?  I saw a brand on line on the Dictation Warehouse called Grundig Swingphone USB headset, has anyone heard of this brand and if so the pros and cons of this brand. I would like recommendations.  Thanks. Fondly, Suzanne ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

I See That More Than 150 People Have Looked At My Post, But No Recommendations
Apr 24, 2015

Dear Friends: I see that more than 150 people looked at my message, but no recommendations as of yet. I hate be a bother, but can I get some recommendations for headphones for people who use hearing aids.  Thanks so much.  Sincerely,  Suzie ...

Emu Canals?
May 07, 2012

On GU exam, it sounds like they are saying "No bulging in the emu canals.  I can't seem to find anything on this.  Is emu correct?  Thanks. ...

Small Mouth Or Small Mouthed?
Jul 27, 2014

And is it hyphenated, or not? I find it both ways for both questions. Looking for input from the pros here, thank you. ...

Headsets
Jan 21, 2015

Somebody help me out... what headsets do you use??? One's that MM supply or your own?? If your own what kind?? ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

Where Can I Get Magical QA Headsets
Oct 19, 2011

I transcribe and edit what I actually do hear, but get QA feedback from another planet.  I am not a newbie MT, though new on my current account.  I figure they must use secret magical headsets to hear what they do.  Often QA isn't even on the same page with each other even on account specs.  So, it must be the magical headsets.  Does anyone know where I can get the kind QA uses? ...

Transcription Headsets
Nov 25, 2013

I have been transcribing and editing for over 11 years and have ALWAYS used Spectra headsets, but having recently switched jobs where their platform could only be downloaded onto my personal computer and not my work computer, I've found that I'm not getting enough volume with the Spectras. I'm using earbuds right now but they wear out fast so I'm wondering if there are any headset models out there that any of you find to be excellent with clearity and volume, and that aren� ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Stereo Vs Mono Headsets
Aug 04, 2012

My wife is needing new headphones. Is stereo vs mono a huge consideration in choosing a new headphones?? ...

Foam Covers For Headsets?
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone found these for less than $15 per pair? ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

More Openings
Jul 14, 2010

I noticed on the job seeker's board lately Transcend has openings every week.  I also realize they are one of the top 3 dogs in the industry supposedly, but I cannot  help but notice the other 2 top dogs are not advertising weekly to job seekers.  I bet many will say because they are acquiring NEW accounts, but I am suspicious it is because they cannot keep MTs.    ...

Job Openings
Dec 21, 2012

I have applied for all jobs posted thus far this week, both here and the other site we use so much, but have not heard a single thing back from anyone.  I have over 15 years doing MT work.  Has anyone else heard back from these ads????  Just curious.  I get all excited when I see new ads, only to be let down when they don't contact me.  ...

QC Openings
Jun 11, 2015

Can someone please explain to me why a recent job posting on here for Nuance has openings for QC and says that the position is hourly???? ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

Equipment Headsets, Foot Pedal Etc For Medical Transcription
Oct 22, 2013

I know this question has been asked a million times.  What equipment headset, foot pedal, etc. would be recommended for someone just starting out as a homebased MT? ...

False Job Openings
Nov 23, 2009

I don't understand these MTSOs.  I've interviewed with both Keystrokes and Transcend per their job seeker's board ads for all shifts available, part-time and full-time, and offered a job.  However, both declared no 1st shift openings and that they are only hiring for 2nd and 3rd shifts, nor do they have any part-time openings.  They both indicated that 1st shift rarely has openings and they don't regularly hire part-timers. Why do they advertise thes ...

MME? CCM Put Out An Email There Are MME Openings.
Jul 13, 2011

The email states that, if you pass the test and get the job, you will get a 5% raise with max of 10.5 cents typing, 6.3 cents ASR, although....hmmm.... no QA rate is mentioned. Did MMEs not get the same pay cut that the rest of us MT/ASR editors did? Very interesting that no QA rate is mentioned....me thinks me smells a rat hidden in the wall. ...

JLG --- Current Job Openings
Aug 27, 2011

Would current new hires at JLG for the new verbatim account please answer these questions:  1.  What is their cpl rate? 2.  How difficult are the dictators? 3.  Is there enough work? 4.  Platform being used, is it good to work on. I have read the negative posts here about JLG but I am really in need of a job at this point.  I haven't worked for almost three months and I figure at least a verbatim account shouldn't be that hard to get right.  Plea ...

Why Does Breitner Have So Many Openings?
Feb 19, 2012

Did they buy someone out? ...

TransTech Openings?
Mar 02, 2012

Is it just me or has TransTech had a lot of openings lately?  Did a lot of MTs jump ship recently or do they have a new account?  Anybody know?  I know that my 4 accounts are generally low and not in need of added MTs on a regular basis.  ...

Is There Some Place You Can Look For Job Openings?
Aug 09, 2012

I hate my shift and would prefer a day shift.   After getting the weekly "help on weekends" emails stating short-handed due to MT resignations, I thought......hmmmm....must be an opening on days somewhere.  I've asked my TL who said she'd check.  That was 2 weeks ago.  ...

Why So Many Openings At Keystrokes...
May 26, 2015

Just wonderin' - is it very difficult there? TYIA ...

Openings For Keystrokes?
May 28, 2015

Anyone know why there are so many openings for Keystrokes? It seems on another MT job posting site that they have a full page of different job openings...is it worth it to apply or are there so many because they are a horrid company to work for? ...

Headsets - Find A Good Pair That has, Of Course, A Clear Sound
Nov 20, 2010

I am taking a Medical Transcription Editing course on line, and will soon get into the MT Transcription section.  I've been looking at different ads for various types of headphones.  I'm looking to find a good pair that has, of course, a clear sound as well as outside noise cancellation capabilities.  I'd love to hear about what people think, and what they have had experience with.  Thank you! ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Is It Just Me? Openings And Peruse The Various Listings
Dec 27, 2009

As I scroll through various openings and peruse the various listings, it is astounding to me how many employers do not know how to word the description properly.  E.g., they fail to include the most basic info, such as whether it is a telecommuting or an on-site job (and it's not clear from the duties and responbilities).  Not including those details wastes everyone's time (if an applicant is interested, they must ask the question, then await the reply).  Then, of course, are th ...