A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Have you ever looked up your TSM on Google or Facebook? - anon

Posted: Oct 22, 2013

I was curious what she looked like so I looked her up.  She looks *exactly* like she sounds.  Have you ever looked yours up? 

no, I'm not that nosy, and have much more important - things to do with my time. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I guess we all can't be as highly evolved as you are... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
After working with the same TSM for over 10 years, I at least ADMIT to being a tiny bit curious about what she looks like.

But you know what, I wanna be just like you when I grow up and be way too busy to be curious.

TSM - whodat

[ In Reply To ..]
I have googled mine and looked on Facebook ~ and yes, I have a life!
I have - Mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I have googled some doctors to see what they look like.
HA! I've done that too ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The ones with the nicest voices almost always turn out to be the biggest disappointments visually, haha. BUT, the strange effect of looking up the mumblers, speed talkers, etc is that there is an actual "face" to go along with the voice and I find I have a little more compassion when I do their reports now.
Yes - Me too exactly! - Finding their face makes them more human.
[ In Reply To ..]
With a bad dictator, if I can put the name to a face, when I get their stuff in the future, I just go "Oh, you, Dr. Mumbles, you silly socks!"

I love that someone else does the same thing! :D

Sometimes I find local news stories about the particular doctor, and that makes them even more interesting to me. But knowing what they look like is the best.
Doctor's pictures - NY MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree with matching a face with a voice with the dictators. I will look them up on their hospital website and see what they look like.
Me too! - curiousMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I look up doc pics on hospital sites ever since I had one we could not determine if male or female and had a generic name. Kind of like "Pat" on SNL. :) Anyway had my supervisor guess man or woman and she got it wrong. That was in the day when your supervisors acted like real people with a sense of humor.

Facebook - Hippiechick

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't done that but I will now! Sometimes it helps to see what a person looks like, makes it easier to talk to a person like a person. Great idea!

i am friends with a former TSM that went to Nuance - but havent looked up the 2 since her

[ In Reply To ..]
both have common names so i'm not sure I would find the correct ones.

Similar Messages:

Are You On Facebook Or Google+?
Feb 08, 2012

I haven't signed up for either one yet (yes, I know what a dinosaur I am, Brianasaurus timidus). My questions are: 1.  If you're on both, is one better than the other?  I've heard Google+ is better, having learned from all the mistakes Facebook has made. 2.  Do you have any secrets for setting up your privacy settings, etc. so that YOU, and not someone else, controls what gets seen, and by whom? Really looking forward to your answers because I'd like to get ...

Looked Up My Account On Google. Curious.
Aug 18, 2012

They are hiriing MT's in-house.  Looking for an MT who graduated from high school, some college experience in medical transcription and 1-2 years experience.  Pay is 15.50-22.50 an hour with benefits.  I'm applying!  ...

Patient Wrote This On His Chart - Grispang For Ringworm. ?? I Looked On Google And Unless I'm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

Have Any Of You Looked Into.......
Aug 25, 2013

.......getting an RHIT?  This is just one of the things I am considering. ...

Just Looked At My W2
Jan 21, 2015

I haven't made such a low amount since the early 90s, and that was working a low-paying job with great benefits - which was the only thing that kept me there. ...

Don't Know Why I Even Looked...
Jun 22, 2015

Open for any suggestions on how to handle this one?  I am on vacation.  I'm from Chicago and right now in a hotel in Asheville NC on a road trip until July 1!  I checked my email and saw that I have a failed audit and have a scheded mandatory conference call on Wednesday at 11 am. Well, I am going to be in the van with my family on my way to Virginia at that time!!  Should I call and let the pod mistress know or act like I never checked?  I had such a feeling someth ...

Feel Like I Have Looked EVERYWHERE
Oct 19, 2010

Where to look now?  I feel like I have looked everywhere possible.  I applied to a place in Minnesota.  They had told me, "After we review all of your tests (which I passed) and your application, along with your online interview, you will be contacted."  I have not yet been contacted, and that was on 9/22.  I have emailed them and everything, and they have not responded.  I was thinking about calling them, but should I even bother? Also, I had advice from my mother ...

Just Read This On Facebook
Feb 28, 2013

KarmaWhen people insult you, don’t take offense, don’t take it personally, but do listen to their words. They are telling you how they see the world, and they are telling you the exact negative qualities that they possess. "The Law of Mirrors" states that one can only see what’s in them, regardless if it is what is actually present in reality or not. Release the need to defend or try to explain to them that you’re not being whatever-nasty-insult-they’ve-thrown-at-yo ...

Regarding Paychecks. I Looked At How Many Hours
Jan 10, 2010

I decided to look how many hours left in PTO and it was deducted today because I used some PTO on this paycheck that should have been deposited in my account yesterday morning.  I think that is good news?  Payroll doing their job?  Maybe it means paychecks should be in our accounts in pending mode which should be deposited first and then deductions taken out next.  Otherwise, my direct deposit check would not show until the 12th which to me, is one day late.  ...

MModal On Facebook...Opinions
Jan 25, 2012

Liking MModal on FB? Is this just another way to keep tabs on us? ...

Please Read And Pass On--I Put It On Facebook
Oct 09, 2012

Please Read and Pass On about this terrible, sneaky, little secret that most people do not know. Thank you for reading, as I know this is long, and I am putting my job in jeopardy by giving this information, but I feel that Americans need to know that this is dangerously and secretly happening to them. We, MT̢۪s, across the country, have been talking and have decided to tell people what is happening to all of us and our medical information. We are in fear of what is happening and are trying ...

Wow @ The Posts On The M2 Facebook Page
Aug 22, 2013

x ...

Facebook Page For MM India
Aug 30, 2013

The celebration of women my arse.  Celebrate this. ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Nuance T-shirt On Facebook
Jun 11, 2015

Have you all seen the Nuance t-shirt on Facebook? "Skilled enough to work at Nuance, crazy enough to love it".  Too funny!! They actually believe it.  ...

Beware Of YouTube Messages Sent On Facebook.
Mar 18, 2010

I just spent 3 hours on the phone to get rid of a virus I picked up on Facebook.  My aunt had sent me an email to watch a video on YouTube, but when you go to it there is a message that you that you need to update Adobe.  That is when it attacks.  It sends you to different websites when you try to go to McAfee, Microsoft, etc.   It is called Koobface.  Be careful, I had it on both my desktop and laptop.  ...

Weird Message From Facebook Page
Sep 02, 2013

got this in my Other box Hi, Ms. ### I am a good Quality Controller working 10 years for transcription, and worked for M-Modal but he is subcontractor and paying me so less. Can you please arrange M-Modal ID or work for me....i will be very thankful to you   Of course this person has an Indian name. Says he is MT/QC at Pulstech Transcription, Brisun Technologies & Caren Technologies Past: job corps and Brainstorm ...

I See That More Than 150 People Have Looked At My Post, But No Recommendations
Apr 24, 2015

Dear Friends: I see that more than 150 people looked at my message, but no recommendations as of yet. I hate be a bother, but can I get some recommendations for headphones for people who use hearing aids.  Thanks so much.  Sincerely,  Suzie ...

What A Smack In The Face! Just Looked At My Pay Stub For The 1st Time
Nov 11, 2010

in a few months. I get direct deposit and rarely check my pay stubs on line. I've been doing significantly more lines this month so I wanted to see exactly what I make per line on ASR. I went from 6.75 to .555!! What? I am SO upset and disappointed. Why didn't they tell me about this huge cut in pay? Here I was calculating my lines at the 6+ rate, only to see on my pay stub that I've been making substantially less per line. I feel sick! I am going to contact my supe, but I don ...

Transcend's Facebook Site For Editing Tips
Sep 14, 2011

well, someone finally had a good idea to try to help us, but.... typical of such boards, there is one busybody know-it-all that is dominating everything and she is the only one with an idea, the only one who is right, the only one who can do anything.  Must be nice to have such a superego.  Sue needs to watch out, this woman will be sitting at her desk soon. ...

Did You See The Guy From India Who Posted On M Modal's Facebook Page
Jun 03, 2013

Vaseem Opai My only aim and goal is to produce maximum lines with 100% quality and make my center the top productive center of m modal and I will. ...

Someone In Our Facebook Group Posted An Email From Our Instructor
Sep 06, 2014

saying we will be back on track in the program next week and have several chapters and power points ready to go.    Just thought I would pass on the good news to you guys.  ...

Has Anyone Looked Into Buying Health Insurance Through The Marketplace Instead?
Nov 05, 2014

I mean, Nuance ins doesn't cover anything really. It's only in case of something catastrophic and then you'd better be able to pay $5000 out of pocket right? I mean we have to pay for everything until we hit $5000 just for the insurance to even start paying for anything. Right? Is Obamacare better than that? If it is, it's not affordable at all. ...

Fluency Direct Quote On MModal Facebook Page
Jul 18, 2013

I use Fluency Direct while I talk with patients in the exam rooms. I talk to the patients and dictate right into the system. A lot of patients think it is kind of cool that the software is doing the dictation. When I walk out of the room, my chart is kind of done." KIND OF???????? ugh ...

Patient Had C6-7 ACDF Surgery *cancerous* Part Of The Graft Looked Satisfactory??? Thanks. Nm
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Google Ads
Nov 04, 2009

I'm getting very irritated.  Every time I try to reply to a post, the stupid Google Ad line with MT and transcribe links is right in the middle of the message area and I can't see what I type.  Has anybody else had this problem and how did you fix it?  The only time this doesn't appear is when I post a new message.  ...

Google Help
Apr 26, 2010

I've managed to somehow screw up Google.  It used to auto-complete as I entered what I was looking for, and suddenly that's gone.  I didn't realize how much I depended on that feature.  Any suggestions?  ...

Google
Jan 20, 2011

Have you ever seen those crime/murder mystery shows where the FBI confiscate the suspect's computer to see what they were doing the days, weeks and months before the murder?  I don't know about you, but I would have a LOT of explaining to do if that was me.  When I'm at work, I have done some Google searches that would really raise some eyebrows if I was accused of something sinister.  ...

What's Up With Google?
May 28, 2012

Has anyone gotten a pop-up when opening Google asking if you want to only view secure websites.  This is a first for me. ...

Google MT
May 06, 2014

Does anyone know what happened to Google MT?  Right now all I get are ads when I search.  I rely heavily on this site and will miss it if truly gone.  ...