A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone applied for food stamps? - Angie

Posted: Apr 10, 2013

I just wonder if they contact your employer to verify you are not making any money. How long did it take? Can you use them for pet food?

My experience - PJ

[ In Reply To ..]
No. They don't contact your employer, but you have to show proof of income with a current checkstub. No, you cannot buy pet food with it. Depending on the situation, if income is extremely low or no income they can do expedite it and give them within 24 to 48 hours, but most of the time it takes about 2 weeks. My mom was considered an emergency because she had COPD and had to stop working and since I was giving her money to live, she had to put that as income, which wasn't very much at the time since I was only working part time.

Hope this helps.

Re: Emergency Food - Jane

[ In Reply To ..]
While you are waiting to be authorized for food stamps, can you get some emergency General Assistance funds? Also, our town has several food banks. Perhaps there is something like that near you? God bless you.

Food stamp info - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This is for Florida. Not sure if it is the same in all states. You go on line and apply. You give them what you earned in the last 2 paychecks. You give them your bills. Your situation (married, single, children, no children), etc. Then you apply. They call you and interview you. They pretty much ask the same questions as the form. Then they give you about a week to fax or mail your last 2 paystubs. Depending on your circumstances they will expedite quickly (if you are in danger) or you wait about 2 weeks (after they get the paystubs). They send you a card like a debit card and your food money is loaded on there. You are allowed no paper products (toilet paper, etc.) You are allowed no pet food. You are allowed no food which is premade at the deli counter (Publix dinners, chicken.) You can get the prepackaged things you heat up yourself. They forgive the tax. If you have a cat then you can buy tuna in a can (that is ok). If you have a dog, you can get people food that it covers. Nothing else but food. You are up for review every 6 months give or take. If you leave a job you have to give termination papers and paystubs for new job, etc. To qualify you have to be a certain percentage of poverty level. I am a single mom with a child and make about 18 a year and I qualified. At one time as an MT I was poverty stricken (as an IC and only making 8 K a year). Even at the 8K I did not qualify for money assistance only food. This again is Florida. You should go on line or you can call, but the phone is difficult to get through. Good luck to you. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. While you wait you should contact United way (211), and they will give you places which will help with food on certain days of the week, and that may help with pets. If you contact your local church (you do not have to be a member) they will help you too. Hope this helps.

Food for your pets - Rottie mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry you are having such difficulty. You might try calling the local animal shelters. SPCA, etc. and asking them about sources for food for your pets. Many times they will help.

Food stamps for pets - Read this the other day

[ In Reply To ..]
Not long ago, I read about food stamps for pets. It was on MSN.com or something like that. I haven't looked at it much, but you may want to see if you can apply. Good luck. Pets are part of the family too.

https://petfoodstamps.org/

Help with pet food. sm - KrazyKatLady

[ In Reply To ..]
There are lots of pet food banks set up now across the country. In addition to checking with local humane society, you can google your state name and the words "pet food bank" and/or "pet food pantry". Also there are some limited resources for veterinary assistance. Lots of food pantries for humans now have pet food, too, depending on what is donated. Even Meals on Wheels now has pet food. There are some listings here, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. You need to google for more current information. Good luck to you.

p.s. Also, ask your veterinarian.

http://itchmoforums.com/help-for-pets-in-need-b91.0/

go to your local food pantry - you can get lots of stuff

[ In Reply To ..]
plus, it is easier to use the food bank than to qualify for food stamps. You can get very high-quality food, produce, milk, etc.

Thanks! (sm) - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much to all of you kind people who have replied. I had no idea there were pet food banks! That's great news. I really appreciate all the info.

Thanks!

Angie, if you lived near me... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd make sure your pet had food!

Similar Messages:

Food Stamps
Aug 01, 2012

Article about how walmart creates workers needing to be on food stamps and benefits from that as well....like MTs needing to get food stamps and collect unemployment benefits while employed.     ...

3rd Week With NJA, But Ineligible For Food Stamps Due To Gross Pay. Depressed.
Jan 05, 2014

while the managers and higher ups collect their checks with no problems.  Got to find another job SOON.  ...

Making So Little With N That I Qualify For $121 A Month In Food Stamps As Individual. In FL. NM
May 30, 2014

xxxx ...

Food For
Apr 26, 2012

To illustrate the stark difference between those so many believe to be "they" and those they consider to be "we."  Let us as AMERICAN MTs think:  "… why the Central Americans… at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles had always been “on board” in terms of active grassroots participation in their local union, in contrast with non-immigrant workers who viewed the union as a sort of utility, with a bill (dues) that came once a month, but not a collective. …El ...

S/l Food Dysgrasia
Dec 08, 2010

Though there are no specific food s/l disgrasia, she states that she noticed that when she eats more fruits and vegetables, especially salads, she tends to have more trouble with her bowels. any ideas??? ...

Food Panel
Apr 13, 2011

s/l doc is saying spoo panel or SPU panel or could be food panel if he is just pronouncing it wrong.   "spoo" panel, gluten, lactose intolerance will be checked, and stool O&P.     Any ideas?  Thanks!   ...

Food Inoculant?
Mar 30, 2014

hello, dr. says food inoculant?  patient could have viral etiology or maybe food inoculance?  could not find this to confirm.     TIA! ...

Food For Thought
Nov 05, 2014

Recently the bus drivers in my area got sick of the way they were treated, literally...They called out sick and the next DAY had a 2% pay increase. Dare someone to arrange a case of "MT flu" Im in are you? ...

Want To Pass This On..food For Thought...
May 21, 2013

I left MM over a month ago.  I interviewed for a job the very next week and they hired me on the spot.  The money was wonderful, hourly only.  It was soooo sweet!  Money great, people there great.  I thanked God every day for it.  Then, on the 4th week, I was informed that my job there was over.  HERE AGAIN...they have no MTs anymore.  WHAT?!!!  Consequently, I am not ever, ever, ever, going to go for an MT job again.  I love the work so ve ...

Food Pedal With Media Player
Feb 10, 2010

does anyone have any idea how to make my USB foot pedal work with Media Player?  thanks.  I've tried everything I could think of.      ...

Please Help With This (fast Food ____ S/l Jonara)
Mar 31, 2011

Typing a SOAP note for a local physician and I know I have heard this word before but do not use it everyday and it is just not clicking this morning!!!  He is telling the patient to stay away from fatty foods and he uses this word in a sentence telling him to "Stay away from the fast food ____ (sounds like jonara or ganara)"   TIA! ...

Some Food For Thought (while We Are In The Bread Lines)
Feb 27, 2015

I just read this article (link below), and am coming to the realization that it is not Medical Transcription companies like Nuance care about, but they are 'suffering' MTs until MT is gone completely, which will be soon in my opinion.  These companies are all competing and working toward selling their programs which will very soon eliminate the need for MT altogether because of the new EHR laws = the doctors will be doing their own editing with little free-style speech at all.&nbs ...

Express Scribe And Food Control, Go Back.
Aug 16, 2014

Hi there  I´m starting to use Express scribe with an Infinity foot control. How can I adjust it to go back for like 2-3 second everytime I stef of the foot control? ...

I Found Love In The Food Pantry Line, I Would Never Have Met Him
Nov 18, 2014

Hopefully this December romance will keep growing and I won't have to die poor and obscure alone.  Thanks, Nuance! ...

Fast-food Workers Demanding $15 Per Hour Plus Benefits
Dec 08, 2012

Did anybody read the article on Yahoo news regarding fast food workers demanding $15 per hour and benefits? We do not make that sometimes and we have an education plus extensive training and for us ICs a lot of overhead. I do not deem fast food work a career but a job you work while in high school for extra spending money in your pocket...... ...

Anybody With OSi Or Applied?
Apr 14, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Know About MD-IT? I Applied For A Job...sm
Jun 07, 2010

I can't find any posts by searching either current or archives.  Does anyone work for them currently?  I would appreciate any infor, good or bad, anyone might have.  Thanks!  ...

Applied For UE, See What Happens
Jan 24, 2013

I am part time but signed on this morning, no work.  I do get half of my benefit rate for four hours so will see what UE says.  That thing where it says how much do you make per hour?? That is a tricky one.  I just divided what I normally make.  I wonder if they will call me. ...

For Everyone Who Applied With QMT...
Apr 04, 2014

I cannot reply to everyone who sent me a resume, but wanted you all to know that I was unable to keep the account I was subcontracting with, Patient First, so I will not be hiring any MTs to work on this with me.  It was very unprofitable for all of us to spend so much time working on the difficult doctors and keep up with all the account specifics and changing doctors without specific assignment and still be productive, so we called it quits.  Thank you to everyone who took the ...

What Is It With Companies, I Applied For Four Different
Apr 28, 2010

positions and did not hear from any of them, not even a thanks for applying, but no thanks.  I have 10+ years of experience and met or exceeded all their qualifications.  One company I did actually test for, never heard anything for days then finally a call and I missed the call and when I called back they would not even take my call, what's up with that? ...

Applied With Transcript USA
May 14, 2010

Applied with Transcript-USA.  They emailed and said they wanted to interview me.  They were supposed to call me yesterday.  Then they emailed and said person was out of office due to emergency and would call on Monday.  Then they emailed me today and said thanks for applying, but they can't use me!  Total BS - I did not pursue several other good leads because I thought this was a good company - it is a totally flakey, disorganized company instead - avoid them. ...

Applied For A QCE Job At An MTSO
Jan 06, 2012

I applied to a big MTSO as a quality control editor, editing already speech-recognized transcription, an hourly job, but they didn't tell me the wage until after the test that included the following:   SKILLS ASSESSMENT TEST SPECIFICSScreening:1) Spelling – Multiple Choice – 5-10 Questions2) Spelling – Fill in the Blanks – 5-10 Questions* 3) Sentences – Multiple Choice – 5-10 Questions4) Grammar/Usage – Choose Words – 5-10 Questions ...

Just Applied At Oracle
Jun 07, 2012

I just applied at Oracle.  I don't understand what they pay per line.  It says they have eScription as one of their platforms.  They want 3500 LPH part-time, 5000 LPH full-time.  Are they still in business or really hiring.  I was able to get onto their site but I seem to find things about them that are old - like comments.  Also, are they a big company?    Thank you.  ...

Applied At KS. Ad Says They Use Meditech. S/M
Jul 03, 2012

I just searched the archives for Meditech 2012 and this platform sounds like it sucks.  I have just learned the Escription platform but I need a day job and hate this VR crap.  My question is you who are working on Meditech, is it still time consuming and cutting into your pay?   ...

I Applied Just Before They Said They Were Hiring
Oct 23, 2012

I applied just before they said they were hiring...should I apply again?  Any suggestions? ...

Anyone Out There Applied For Unemployment And Gotten It?
Dec 04, 2012

Has anyone out there applied for unemployment and gotten it that had been considered a statutory employee? ...

Applied For MME Position And
Apr 23, 2013

I applied and took the test for the MME position like they wanted us to and this is the message I got. Thank you for your interest in a position with M*Modal. As you may know, the competition is exceptionally strong for this position. While your background has many impressive aspects, we have selected candidates who more closely fit our current business needs. Again, thank you for your interest in M*Modal. Thank you for your interest in a position with M*Modal. As you may know, the competi ...

Applied To TTS Last Week
Mar 31, 2014

I applied to TTS last week. Got an email within minutes of submitting the application and objective test asking when was a good time to call me. Got a phone call before I even replied to the email. Had a job offer on the spot. WTF. Felt very rushed into making a decision...no surprise given the horrible pay rate (0.0641 text and 0.0326 speech). But I accepted the job for the sole reason that I need a job that will give me benefits for me and the family. I don't even care so much about the c ...

Anyone Applied To A Posted
Apr 29, 2014

and actually received any sort of reply?  This drives me crazy. I feel like my internet wires are clogged and my applications are not making it past the wall of my room.     ...

Has Anyone Applied With QED Transcription?
Sep 18, 2014

I applied for a Behavioral Transcription position with Q.E.D transcription. I took all of the exams, including the Clinic and Behavioral transcription exams. I received aa 83.50 on the clinical exam and a 93.00 on the behavioral exam. However, I received an e-mail from Q.E.D stating that I did not pass the exams. I was wondering if anyone had applied with this company and taken the exams. If so, what score must one receive in order to pass the exams? ...