A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Company I work for sent out an email today that there are QA positions open. I was wondering sm - Colorado MT

Posted: Jul 01, 2011

do you think doing QA brings you a more steady work flow?  I have been an MT for 35+ years and have worked the last 10 or so of those years at home.  I am frustrated with constantly running out of work no matter where I go, so I thought about possibly inquiring about the QA position.  Just curious about what others' thoughts might be. 

TIA.

I've been a QA for 15 years, and the last few years - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've ended up being lured in by the promise of plenty of QA work only to end up doing voice recognition the majority of the time for peanuts. In my experience, the work flow is much less predictable for QA. If you have new MTs or unhappy accounts, you have more work that week. If not, you have nothing...

QA vs MT - freespeech2011

[ In Reply To ..]
If your company pays their QA by the hour I say go for it. I am in QA and my company pays by the hour; however, if they pay by production run as fast as you can away from a QA position as you should with VR work. In QA you get the worst of the worst dictations, doctors and dictation nobody else can understand. Make sure you know what you're getting into. Some companies can make a transition from MT to QA equivalent to going from the fire into the flame. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Anyone Get Open Enrollment Email Yet? (NM)
May 24, 2012

nm ...

I-MedX. How Do You Open Attachments In Email?
Jan 02, 2015

I've tried everything I can think of and get no answers. ...

Nuance Email On Open Flexing Times
Jun 08, 2011

Did everyone get the email that said response needed saying we understood? Now no more flexing outside your regular shift hours. If you do not get in your time/lines, you can only flex outside your shift during open flex time, which is Friday 6 pm until Monday 6 am. I don't guess this really bothers me. As long as we can still flex if we don't have hours in. How does everyone else feel about this? ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Wondering If Any Other MQers Are Having Trouble Logging Into MQCentral Email?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Wondering Why A Company Would Do This.
Nov 30, 2011

I received an email yesterday morning about a place wanting to interview me that morning at 10:30, however I did not see the email until noon (had a ton of errands to run).  I emailed her as soon as I saw it, apologized for not seeing it sooner and told her when I was available.  I have heard nothing since.  I can understand being busy, but I would have thought I would have heard something about when we could talk before now. ...

Wondering About This Company
Mar 15, 2015

I ran across this site, but I don't see where you can apply for jobs. Anyone else know about this company? http://www.ehrtranscriptions.com/medical-transcription-rates/ ...

Wondering If There Is A Way To Find Out If A Company
Oct 03, 2014

I had to report an IC MT position to unemployment as a part-time job and income.    I got the unemployment from a prior employee local job.   I never worked for this MTSO until a few months after the unemployment was issued, and it was strictly IC MT. I strongly suspect I was terminated because I may have caused this MTSO to have to pay taxes and possibly penalties.   Is there any way to find out whether the MTSO got hit on this?   Would I call the local ...

Email Today
Dec 08, 2014

did you all read the email today about the med error that killed the patient.  They email us and say while the article doesn't say it is a transcription error.......  Okay, this is a tragedy that a patient died from a med error.  However, seriously, Nuance.  have you ever worked on a hospital unit?  Cuz I have and a bet a lot of MTs have at one point or another.  They don't use our transcribed notes as  med orders. They use the actual med sheet or med ...

Wondering? New Company Working For Counts 65 Characters Per Line. Is This Normal? Seems High To
Nov 11, 2009

NM ...

Strange Email Today
Nov 06, 2012

Received a strange email today from recipient eFax. It was sent to me and other MModal employees, but it would not open, so thinking it is a virus/scam. Anyone else receive an email like this?! ...

Quality Email Today..MT 99%
Mar 22, 2013

Just received an email from TSM.  Team quality is 99.5% but individual MT quality is 99%, so it seems the 99.5% information being thrown around here relates to the whole team, not the individual MT. ...

So We Get A Team Email Today From TSM That
Feb 17, 2015

with too many questions, we must be brief and to the point and only AFTER we have thoroughly researched the nuance bible, enrich, for the answer. So apparently, do not bother to bother your TSM. If you need a quick answer, you're on your own. Amazing what a sweet employer we have.  And please, no aberrant and, a, the, of, etc, or your pay will be docked - patient safety you know! ...

OTIers: I Would Just Like Opinions On The Email Sent Out Today By A
May 09, 2013

d ...

Email At This Company
Mar 12, 2013

Ipswitch is ridiculous!  I can't believe working for a company that has to rely on internet heavily to do what we do is this shoddy about their email systems.  It is not working more than it is!  Unbelievable! ...

Email From Company Advertising 5 Cpl For Transcription!
Jan 13, 2012

I cannot believe these MTSOs sprouting up, offering transcription for 5 cpl AND free trials, who advertise as though they are usingUS-based MTs but are obviously using third world slave labor and driving our salaries down even further.... I use only US-based and would rather go out of business then give them my business.... ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Is There A Company- Wide Email Directory Somewhere?
Nov 02, 2012

Since they changed the email system, we only have access to email addresses we save. ...

Has Your Company Ever Responded To Posts On Here Via Email?
Feb 15, 2013

I was just wondering if some of these companies read what people say and perhaps, a BIG maybe, they take it into consideration.  Has your company ever sent a group email out about something they read on here?  I know at Landmark, one time a long time ago, someone came on here and made accusations that she was not paid by them.  The owner send an email to us, letting us know that she was an upset former employee and they have never not paid anyone, ever.  Just wondering if oth ...

DTS America Company Meetings Today?
Apr 12, 2011

I heard through the grapevine that there are mandatory company meetings at DTS America today, but haven't gotten any email regarding this.  Is this bad for me not knowing or bad for the ones that do?  During a company buyout it is always fearful to get an email with a company meeting because, from what I have heard in the past, that is when you get the layoff.  Any info appreciated! ...

Applied Online Today For This Company
Nov 19, 2013

I wasted an hour this morning applying online for this company. I thought their online application was a bit extensive. What happen to just sending a résumé.  I wish I would've read all these posts first. Doesn't sound like a good company to work for. I've worked as an IC for many years contracted directly with a hospital (no middle man) so working for a service will be a big change.  ...

WHOA - How Come When I Type 1 Letter On The Subject Line Of My Company Email, ANYTHING I Posted On M
May 18, 2012

Went to reply to a company email and typed the letter "M" when a list of phrases i've used on here showed.    Some type of spyware????   ...

OTI - I Wonder If We'll Even Get A "feel Good" Email Today. Sm
Feb 19, 2013

There is NO work on my accounts this morning.  :o( ...

Positions Plus
Sep 13, 2011

Holy cow! it is like someone let open the flood gates.  There are so many positions on line for medical transcriptionists!  I have never seen anything like it.  I went on indeed.com and applied.  Check it out. ...

PT Positions
Sep 19, 2012

Hi All -- I am interested in a very part-time, 10-15 hour position.  Anyone know of any companies that will touch this?  Willing to work weekends/nights....Thanks in advance. ...

QC Positions??
Jul 17, 2013

Can anyone tell me what rates/additional benefits etc. QC are offered over MLS? ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

CTL Positions Being Eliminated?
Nov 05, 2009

Heard a rumor that the CTL positions are being eliminated around the 15th.   Perhaps this is a question you should ask your CCMs/area directors?   Not sure if it is true but when asked specifically, it was not denied but there is something brewing around the 15th.   Seems like all CTLs will be moved to the MME positions and the CCMs will assume the CTL duties.  Sounds like another shake up at the Q which always happens around the holidays.  Wonder if ...

TRANSTECH POSITIONS
Oct 05, 2010

TRANSTECH AS YOU CAN SEE BY THEIR NEED OF HELP, NEED THE HELP BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVE.  THEY DO NOT SEND OUT QA STATS AS MOST PROFESSIONAL COMPANIES DO AND THEY ALSO DO NOT EVEN SEND E-MAILS FROM QA TELLING YOU WHAT YOU ARE DOING INCORRECTLY.  THEY JUST FIRE YOU.  DO NOT WORK FOR THEM.  THEY ARE NOT A FAIR COMPANY TO WORK FOR.  ...