A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OTI - I wonder if we'll even get a "feel good" email today. sm - Scared.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013

There is NO work on my accounts this morning.  :o(

Have you ever gotten a "feel good" email? No work for me either. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The only "feel good" email I've gotten is the one "claiming" they aren' - Scared

[ In Reply To ..]
:o(

"claiming" they aren't selling out. - Scared

[ In Reply To ..]
l;j

I doubt it..... - Dandelion

[ In Reply To ..]
Communication is not something they are good at. I've been taken off of 2 accounts, pools have been switched on my main account. I was given no notification of any of this. When I ask, I'm still not given a reason.

I've been at OTI over 2 years now and I cannot recall ever getting a "feel good" emai - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Generally, the only emails they send out are when they want to chastise and berate people, especially the poison pen notes from AK. I'm not sure they have heard of the phrase POSITIVE reinforcement.

That's because you didn't work there before SE was let go. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
klj

Feel Good Email From OTI - caninemom3

[ In Reply To ..]
Good morning. Speaking of poison pen notes, I just received one from AK. I have to vent here a little. I am getting really TIRED of this person's attitude. I know I am free to go somewhere else but I just wanted to post that I agree with all here who say that she is rude and nasty and I am SICK OF IT. The poison pen note today was because apparently there have been duplicate dictations typed and the message was that we should never type these duplicates. Of course, to my knowledge no instructions were ever given what to do about these types of report. It is common sense NOT to type a duplicate. Thanks for listening. My post really has no point, just needed to get this out of my system.

Dupe - MT72

[ In Reply To ..]
How would we know it's a dupe if we hadn't typed the first one? That was the part of the e-mail I didn't understand. I don't understand the attitude either. Many of us are disgusted with the whole situation there now, so it would seem they could be a little nicer.
I thought about e-mailing her and asking her how we would know sm - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
if it was a duplicate or not, but figured I'd just get some hateful, berating response, indicating I was obviously of low intelligence not to just inherently know such things.
It's similar to... - Flower
[ In Reply To ..]
on the T account, we were sent an e-mail stating to NEVER EVER type a DS. Okay, so what do we do if we get one? What is the correct way to handle it? That was never stated in the e-mail.
This poster is not Flower from "Restuvus." I am.... - Flower
[ In Reply To ..]
just saying.
Incorrect - Tired of the Oracle Bashers
[ In Reply To ..]
We were not told never, ever, ever to type a discharge summary. We were asked not to during business hours. If it was a weekend or after hours we could type it. We also got an email that said during business hours send it as a NR with a little note saying it was a discharge summary. Read your emails.
I have been there 2 years and have NEVER gotten such an email. sm - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter. I think the point is that AK always has a nasty, condescending tone in her emails. It is not imagined. I have heard her say things about other MTs that are downright mean. She talks as if she is the high priestess of transcription, never making a mistake, and it is a thorn in her side to have to deal with all of these obviously inferior underlings.
I'm sure this is coming from a "suit" - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless the poster is one of their favorite (and I DO know they have their favorites).
I do hate to defend her, bu she did say "knowingly." - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
d
Yep, she said "knowingly" underlined and bolded - along with
[ In Reply To ..]
an email that was also "yelling" in ALL CAPS. Very unprofessional.

Hot mess - buns

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you have personally typed a report, you would not know it is a duplicate. Makes one wonder why suddenly there are duplicate reports â it just adds to that âhot mess feelingâ that OTI has become.

Similar Messages:

MD-IT - This Is How I Feel Today
Aug 05, 2010

Hi!  This is how I feel today.  Sometimes my account (not MD-IT) has so much work we are chasing our tail.  However, this week has been really slow so I am looking for a new full-time home and I'll stay with the old place part-time.  To that end,  any word on MD-IT?  I just would like to sit down at X o'clock and put in 7-8 hours and be done.  I really hate babysitting the computer for a dang job???!!!   In here three hours already and only have 200 lines  Thanks for hear ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

In ONE Word, Describe How You Feel Today
Apr 08, 2013

I'll go first: Resigned.  ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

It Makes Me Feel So Good To Know That Our
Sep 08, 2013

qualified people. QA'd a report today where the India MT typed "3 quarts of Neo-Synephrine nasal spray were inserted into the right nostril." Actually doc said "three squirts". Do they even read this stuff for context? I am just imagining that poor patient drowning in Neo-Synephrine...... ...

I Feel So Good I Could Almost Come Back To Evil Q
Jan 07, 2010

Man am I kickin the bootie, I have not felt this good in 8 years, since my cervical block I had for my 3 disks in my neck.  Try it if you have neck pain.  This is not even in full effect and I am 75% better today.  Have another injection in 2 week, and it has only been 2 days.  YIPPEE.  Is evil Q hiring for SA3 or 4, I can do that plus my other workies full time.  I can do anything, for anybody.  I CAN DO ITTTTT!  HIRE ME, HIRE ME, HIRE ME. I can not even ...

Coding :: Do You Feel The Compensation Is Good?
Jan 08, 2013

I have had my own medical transcription business for almost 30 years.  Recently, my largest client informed me they are going to start using a template that docs will fill out when they see patients.  I am losing a lot of income and really need to replace it.  My friend told me that coding is a good thing to get into now.  I don't want to spend the time and/or money learning that if the pay is not good and the jobs aren't plentiful.  I have tons of medical transcription experience ...

Email Today
Dec 08, 2014

did you all read the email today about the med error that killed the patient.  They email us and say while the article doesn't say it is a transcription error.......  Okay, this is a tragedy that a patient died from a med error.  However, seriously, Nuance.  have you ever worked on a hospital unit?  Cuz I have and a bet a lot of MTs have at one point or another.  They don't use our transcribed notes as  med orders. They use the actual med sheet or med ...

Strange Email Today
Nov 06, 2012

Received a strange email today from recipient eFax. It was sent to me and other MModal employees, but it would not open, so thinking it is a virus/scam. Anyone else receive an email like this?! ...

Quality Email Today..MT 99%
Mar 22, 2013

Just received an email from TSM.  Team quality is 99.5% but individual MT quality is 99%, so it seems the 99.5% information being thrown around here relates to the whole team, not the individual MT. ...

So We Get A Team Email Today From TSM That
Feb 17, 2015

with too many questions, we must be brief and to the point and only AFTER we have thoroughly researched the nuance bible, enrich, for the answer. So apparently, do not bother to bother your TSM. If you need a quick answer, you're on your own. Amazing what a sweet employer we have.  And please, no aberrant and, a, the, of, etc, or your pay will be docked - patient safety you know! ...

OTIers: I Would Just Like Opinions On The Email Sent Out Today By A
May 09, 2013

d ...

Company I Work For Sent Out An Email Today That There Are QA Positions Open. I Was Wondering Sm
Jul 01, 2011

do you think doing QA brings you a more steady work flow?  I have been an MT for 35+ years and have worked the last 10 or so of those years at home.  I am frustrated with constantly running out of work no matter where I go, so I thought about possibly inquiring about the QA position.  Just curious about what others' thoughts might be.  TIA. ...

For Those Who Need A Reall Good Laugh Today
Feb 08, 2012

As transcribed by ASR:  The patient was able to climb stairs with the erections of the physical therapist.  Do you think he was pushing her up the stairs with his you know what?  (My eyes are still tearing and I can't stop laughing.) ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

I Just Have To Say That I Feel Sorry For Those MTs
Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they ar ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...