A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can we make a list of 100 things that we ...sm - Tiny

Posted: Apr 13, 2011

love about being an MT? I have been feeling overwhelmed and I'm trying to find the good in it all, so I'll start....

I'm home when my kids get home from school.

anyone else?

NO BRA OR MAKEUP! - oaf

[ In Reply To ..]
ENUF SAID!

100 reasons - mt1347

[ In Reply To ..]
1) No donations to wedding gifts, baby showers, etc., for people I don't like but feel pressured to donate because the boss' secretary is bring the envelope around.
2) No pot lucks.
3) No body worrying about how much coffee I drink and whether I should donate more to the coffee fund.
4) No stinky food in the refrigerator from lunches left there for 3 weeks.
5) DOn't have to listen to someone else's phone calls.
6) Don't have to put with people bringing their boyfriends and unruly children to work.
7) My word books don't get stolen.
8) No one else uses my head set.
9) No one is getting arrested in front of me while I try to work.
10) No one left the empty coffee pot on and almost burned the place down.
11) Don't have to listen to music I hate.

No Office Politics!!!!!!! - nm - greenie

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no shoes - bare feet/nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

sweats and jammies (talk about) . . . - casual Fridays, and . . .

[ In Reply To ..]
it makes me appreciate "dressing" up a little bit more. Gotta love it!!!

the occasional burp or toot as loud as you want - its the onions....

[ In Reply To ..]
:) laughter is the best medicine

and - icedT

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't forget the Kleenex stuffed halfway in the nose when allergies come around! No time to blow my nose when there's editing to be done!

We are all soooo glamorous! ROFL

friends - icedT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would miss my 4-legged furry friends if I had to leave every morning and drive to work!

To Tiny (OP): Agree with being here for the kids.

Think of what you're saving on fuel! - and wear and tear on your car n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Absolutely! Best lunch buddies - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
are my rabbit, the cat that recently adopted us, and the feral I feed outside, plus all the birdies, squirrels, deer, turkeys and whatever that hang out here.

that sounds lovely - ...nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Me too - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a Bassett Hound, cat and parrot as my coworkers. The cat lays in the chair beside me, the dog watches out my window for intruders, the parrot keeps the dog in line by telling him to be quiet when he barks, says hello when the phone rings and tells my son to bring his dirty clothes downstairs. I have about 30 deer that hang out in my back yard and come up and try to steal a bit of seed out of the bird feeder while their watching me like I can't see them, a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers that come in for a treat at the suet feeder and the squirrels tussel in the backyard. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Like! - Fellow critter watcher
[ In Reply To ..]

I wear my Breathe Right nose strip - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
all day.

Optional to shower or not...hey I'm just being honest!! - ahhhh

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Pups (or kitties) can sleep at your feet... - piglet

[ In Reply To ..]
and there is nothing sweeter than the sound of a dog softly snoring as I work. (:

When my kid was a middle-schooler - and a rotten one at that...

[ In Reply To ..]
... and I had to spend time in the dean's office, RPCs, being a P.I./Cop/Enforcer/General All Around Bad Guy, etc. I could do it during the day without having to deal with bosses, coworkers, leaving work, etc. Deal with kid crap during the day and work at night.

It didn't matter if I worked until 4 am and got two hours of sleep and looked and felt like something the cat puked up. As long as the work was done on time, it didn't matter when or what I looked like when I did it.

That was back then, though. Now the best part is still no boss/coworkers and the freedom of managing my own time every single day.

I can diagnose my own ailments - and self-treat when possible

[ In Reply To ..]
I call it being Dr. Me.

I don't have to deal with live people, just - recordings of them. - MTWordz

[ In Reply To ..]

Yeah - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and I can tell the doctors how stupid they are on the microphone that is built on my headphones and pretend they can hear me. LOL

stay at home out of bad weather and freezing temperatures - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]

I have a nice view out my window and in the office I designed for myself - and good air to breathe.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have nice, clean, uncontaminated air to breathe. I actually have a very pretty view out my window. The atmosphere I work in is up to me. YES!!! I love working at home.

my reasons - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
get to change my schedule when husband rotates (every 4 months) so can keep infant son out of daycare. Also get to go to in-laws for summer so they can spend time with grandson (babysit) and still work!!

work away from home - MommaTyper

[ In Reply To ..]
My fav ~ I get to spend more time with my out-of-state family. Just take my laptop, work while my grandbabies are in school and play the evening away.

100 things... - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
This is probably my favorite post of all time!

EXCELLENT!!!!!!! SM - Tiny

[ In Reply To ..]
I knew there was a reason we were all still here! Thank you everyone!!!!

My husband brings me breakfast in my office every morning, - Bad Rabbit

[ In Reply To ..]
My secretary is a poodle. Lunch is a walk by the lake. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I can just walk in to my office and work. I get the opportunity to learn something every single day of the week. If I need to work on my office equipment or learn a new program I can do it by the pool. Every day I go in to work with a smile on my face anticipating a wonderful, challenging day and am rewarded with the same.

My Internet bill is paid for by my company :-) nm - soulshine

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Good things about MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
No suit, no commute!

I hate people - 1 = 100

[ In Reply To ..]
There are all my 100 reasons right there.

best response ever/nm - icedT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm/

OMG where do I start? LOL.....s/m - SassyPants

[ In Reply To ..]
It takes 5 minutes to get ready for work. Turn PC on, log in, ready!
I can wear sweats, jammies, jeans, shorts, or nothing (sorry for the visual, just kidding).
I can be miserable during "aunt flow" and live in my fat pants and have my heating pad on all day.
I can stop for food, coffee, pee breaks whenever I want.
I can text or sit on FB during NJA (freely admit I do this).
I'm home for any expected packages, repair guys, etc.
I can get laundry and house cleaning done before work or on my lunch break.
I have time to prep dinner or throw it in the slow cooker.
I've baked on my lunch break and had dessert for after work!
I can be early or late or take off or work extra when I want (within reason).
No opening or closing hours. No one waiting at the door for you to open or coming in at the last minute.
3:00 Dr. Phil (sorry, this is my weird thing I do)
I don't ever have to wear socks or shoes (in fact I can't use my foot pedal with shoes, it's either slippers or socks or bare feet).
I'm warm in my house with my snuggie during the winter and never have to go outside if I don't want to.
I can read my mail or email at my desk.
No one hovering over you, aka micromanagement!
I can eat at my desk, what I want!
No driving in winter!
No crabby people on the phone.
No gas, lunches, makeup, misc expenses of driving to an office job.
Privacy to swear, fart, burp, etc.
"Nooners" with the hubby, in my office!
Having a pet in the room to keep you company.
Online access to everything (look up recipes for dinner, print out pictures, etc.)
I'm 10 feet from the bathroom.
I can turn off my phone and PC and not answer anyone for any reason and be "sick" if I need to be. No boss to tell if you're lying or not.
No bra or makeup (good one to the poster who said that!)
No alarm clock. No butt crack of dawn waking up(at least not for me)
I can work out before work. and shower. and run errands. or NOT.
I can save the good clothes and perfume for my days off.
I don't have to straigten my hair everyday.
I do not have to shower or brush my teeth or be "presentable" if I don't feel like it.
My car rarely moves (less mileage on the car could lower your car insurance rates because it's hardly driven).
No traffic, parking, trains, slow people, semis, school buses, etc.
No trying to find a place to park or paying for parking.
No drive-thru lines at lunchtime.
No sharing the microwave or fridge or the table.
I can visit MTStars!

In my office, on the porch, in the garden, in the car, - at our little fishing shack on the water. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Can do laundry while I work. - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
More time on days off for fun.

Similar Messages:

Where Do You Find List Of Things Considered Slang Terms For SS
Feb 09, 2012

Cannot find ...

Things That Make Me Go Hmm
May 19, 2010

Have ya ever wondered, WHY is it that we get "audited" when we are having really, really bad work days? Why does the "computer randomly chose" (ha!) the most difficult, awful report to review?   My latest audit was on a dictator I had NEVER EVER DONE before, on a brand spanking new account, was 1098 minutes and ASR and ESL!  I got an 84%.  (Hey! as far as I'm concerned that should have been an A+++!!  Least I gave them something that looked like a report.) I a ...

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm....
Mar 26, 2015

I recently started on a new account.  I was told this new account was in trouble because of short staffing, errors on reports, etc.  Anyway, that was not my point.  I have noticed recently on this new account that late in the afternoon (Eastern time), I begin to get STAT reports one after the other.  I did not give it much thought because I'm truthfully just trying to wrap my head around this new account as it is a pain in the **$.  Today, I started getting the ...

Does This Make Sense? Getting New Things Today.
Nov 13, 2009

I think he has a little peroneal tendinitis with some super imposed neuritis as the sural nerve crosses the peroneal tendons. tia.   This is new to me and it is not too clear. thanks for any help. ...

Geez. What Little Things Make Me Feel Better.
Sep 24, 2011

I just heard a dictator say "thank you transcriptionist for your hard work.  I know I am not easy to transcribe.  Have a good day".  I am SHOCKED!   Haven't heard a thank-you like that in a long time! ...

SoftScript -- Things That Make You Go Hmmm
Feb 16, 2012

I did a little investigation today, and I have learned that SoftScript, LLC (emphasis on the LLC that they use after their company name) is not registered with the California Secretary of State as a corporation or a limited liability corporation or anything of the kind.  This company has always acted in a shady manner, but now I'm really starting to wonder about them.  The Secretary of State staff member I spoke with today said that their office doesn't investigate ...

How To Make A Sub List In Beyondtxt?
Jun 23, 2011

Does anyone know how to make a sub list in Beyondtxt?   As in 1.  xxx    a. xxx    b. xxx 2.  xxx     My specs say Alt + L will indent me to the a and b, but it's not working. ...

BEFORE YOU POST - Make Sure You Use The Correct Board - See List On Left. NM
Feb 23, 2011

. ...

Don't You Just Love It When They Say "both" But Then List Three Things!
May 18, 2015

It's probably a little difficult to dictate in perfect sentences, but it just frustrates me so much when a doctor dictates "both" and then names three things. Why say both...both means two! I feel like I should correct it, but I don't want to get in trouble for too much editing.  ...

Medicak INK - Looking For The Good Things/bad Things
Aug 23, 2013

Considering making a move to this company.  Spoke with owner and she sounds delightful. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the company...anything at all!  Thank you! ...

Short Cut For List Punctuation In A Drug List? (Fluency)
Dec 06, 2014

Is there is quick way to add commas between items in a list? Of course, using Ctl K in front a word will change the punctuation, but it will also change a capitalized drug to lower case, and you will still have to get to the beginning of the next drug which will require 2 Ctl arrows and backspace. Ctl arrow takes you to the beginning of the next word, but you will have to backspace to put in the comma. Adding punctuation to lists is so time consuming! ...

So How Are Things Going To Be Different After
Mar 27, 2015

midnight tonight?  If we've had to have mandatory OT for 2 weeks, what is going to all of a sudden change? ...

How Are Things At Transtech?
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have current information on the working conditions at Transtech?  Is their insurance okay?  Do they have enough work? ...

Is Anyone Sticking Around To See How Things Go?
Feb 17, 2010

I recently lost my MT job with a pretty decent company.  It was due to lack of work.  I know this is happening a lot these days, and I've been reading a lot of the posts here.  I know that no field is perfect, but I have to do something.  How many of you plan on (or can) stick around to see how things go, and how many of you are going back to school or getting into a different field? ...

MQ - Things Never Change
Sep 30, 2010

I worked for MQ many, many years ago when they bought the company I was working for.  From reading this board, it appears some things never change and only get worse.  I remember having to switch from one account to the other constantly and trying to keep track of client profiles.  Glad I am out of there!! ...

OTT Has Now Changed Up Some More Things...
Oct 15, 2010

All headers are now no longer counted in the line count. We're already out of work most of the time and now this. We don't get paid for cc's that we add or all the info on the pt before we ever start typing. I'd say when we do have work they're getting a lot of free work from us. ...

Offshoring, Things We Can Do.
Sep 14, 2011

First off, I am truly disgusted with our government for allowing offshoring to such a degree that it has taken most of our jobs away.  We have written and complained to no avail.  We do need to do some things on our own too.  I recently went shopping for my son's school supplies.  I read the labels to make sure things were made in America.  Ink pens:  The only ink pens I found made in America were Pilot pens, BIC were made in China.  I bought the Pilot pe ...

How Are Things Currently At Landmark?
Feb 07, 2012

xx ...

I Want To Change Things Here
Apr 08, 2012

Im know for my big mouth and speaking my mind...Everyone including me is on here bitching, that is counterproductive and makes for a long day..This job is an IMPORTANT job, not just every idiot can do it..I enjoy the challenges that come with it, even though there are times I would like to pull my hair out...With that I'm opening my mouth and making a move...So I am asking what you guys want me to include in my email...Constructive critism only please...I know most of the problems, but I do ...

I Know They Change Things
Aug 18, 2012

I know this b/c I specifically could not find a doctors name in the database for one particular job and I blanked it, wrote it down so I would remember the job number and what I blanked and when my corrections came through today, that name was filled in as if I put it there, there was no blank no more with a correction that I put in the incorrect name.  I know that I blanked it.  This is rediculous!!!  I can't wait to find another job!  ...

I've Had It, Done, Over. I Got Up Early To Get Many Things Done Sm
Dec 28, 2012

since I found out last night that I am having unexpected overnight houseguests tonight.  In-laws suddenly don't have room....Not only is my house a mess from entertaining both xmas eve and xmas while trying to get in work which was nearly impossible because there wasn't any, but I was low on food, my son had a doc's appt for a cough that he has had for 3 weeks now, and we are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow.  I ran around like a wild woman al ...

2 More Things To Watch For...
Jan 08, 2013

shorted on PTO accrual - waiting for call from HR - and QA now searching out very short reports, due to the 'nuance improved' QA calculation, 1 minor 0.25 error made my score 97.73! ...

Hey Ya'll At MM: How Are These Things Working
Feb 27, 2013

â€Â¢ Respect: We treat each other and our customers with respect, valuing individual and cultural differences and approaches to work. â€Â¢ Teamwork: We strive to create an environment in which everyone has a chance to showcase their individual talents. We build better relationships and produce greater results for our customers when we work together as a team. Our goal is to empower our people to work smarter and more effectively. â€Â¢ Customer Focus: We always seek ways to enhance the ...

How Are Things At Accentus?
Feb 28, 2013

How are things at Accentus?  I have an interview. ...

5 THINGS AN MT DOES NOT WANT TO SEE IN JOB POSTINGS
Apr 21, 2014

1.  Companies that brag on themselves. "XYZ Transcription, a an industry leader, has been in business since the first Christmas and therefore is the best. We therefore deserve only the best MTs that love playing on our team regardless of how much they want to play for the only team that matters to them, I.E, their family; adhering to turn-around times under penalty of death; and really don't give a hoot about anything but the MT Companies. We are growing and growing and growing and are ...

When Did Things Change?
Apr 24, 2014

I have recently been switched to almost all back end speech, no problem, but when did the rules change? I was taught milligrams not mg, milliliter not mL, gravida II/para II not gravida 2, para 2. It seems with the advent of back end speech, the rules are being relaxed. Will JCACHO accept this? Isn't it our reputation at stake? ...

Maybe Things Will Change
Sep 03, 2014

FedEx ICs http://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksherman/2014/09/03/fedex-latest-company-slammed-over-independent-employees/?google_editors_picks=true   ...

You Know Things Have Hit An All-time Low When ...
Jan 17, 2015

You're sitting here with a job waiting for you in your queue and you don't even CARE because you decide to watch a training/motivational video on changing careers to help you get the H311 out of this god-forsaken field.  As God as my witness, I WILL be out of this company by year's end.  I'd rather empty trash cans in the ladies' room than do this for even one more day and I've worked for this company for 16 years.  Stick a fork in me ... I'm don ...

Good Things?
Feb 12, 2015

I am reading so many negative comments. Are there any good things about working for this company? (M Modal) ...

They Have Been Hearing These Same Things Over And Over And Over And
Mar 27, 2015

...the business model works well for them. They made their money off you before you even signed on. They made it 1) when they landed your previous facility's contract and 2) when you were gullible enough to sign on to help voice wreck unemploy yourselves. If they wanted you to stick around you'd be so overworked you could not stand it. Nothing new about any of this stuff except this appears to be the latest set of Nuance casualties. In another month there will be another new set when t ...