A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OOW flexing - nn

Posted: Feb 12, 2015

When you say you are flexing, do you still have to wait for permission to sign on later that day and get your time in?  I figure if you are flexing, you can come back anytime that day to finish up.  Used to be we were told to make up time on Friday afternoon/evenings, but too many hours and too many people to do it all then.

If you have not received specific instructions--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
on when to flex, I would do it whenever. My team received an email on the appropriate times to flex, which was when there were gaps in staffing (supposedly) and I try to honor that as much as possible. I am not sure how well it is enforced though.

as far as I know, you can flex any time you want - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I do.

It's not like they care or anything.

When volumes are as low as - they have been

[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt they would be able to object to anything you do to flex and make up time.

Honestly, no matter when I look lately there seems to be never much work. Used to be a lot at night but whether not so much or it is just going so fast because we are all on there, there is really no time where there's a lot of work.

When people come on here and complain about sticking to your schedule, I don't think they realize there is no work on our schedule, so that's why we're taking their work.

Nuance is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes and hoping we won't notice, but it would be nice if they at least made some kind of explanation of why the low volumes and how they are fixing it.

Similar Messages:

Flexing At Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

I work for Nuance.  I cannot remember the specifics regarding flexing rules because usually as long as I'm in the vicinity of my lines/hours, I will not bother flexing.  Well, this pay period is not even in the vicinity of having hardly any hours/lines.  I am going to have to flex.  Remind me please, did they change it or is it still flex whenever we want or are there certain times?  I know last year one team lead had said only certain times but I don't th ...

OOW Flexing Question
Jan 28, 2015

If ran out of work today and times out as OOW flexing instead of notifying supervisor and signing off for the day.... are we allowed to come back in that evening and make up hours or do we have to specifically wait for them to say we can make up time? ...

Flexing At Imedx
Apr 30, 2015

I am NOT doing it anymore.  Over the last few weeks when work has been even more scarce than usual, I decided to not flex anymore, and surprisingly, I have more lines that way than when I flexed.  Even though flexing is what they instruct us to do, it's just not right.  I am a good employee, and I show up for my shift every day ready and willing to work.  So now, if I show up and there is no work or little work, I will gladly do all that comes my way (which is what they ...

Trans Tech Positions And Flexing
Jul 19, 2013

anyone willing to share about the schedules at TransTech, if you have plenty of work during your scheduled shift or do you have to do a lot of flexing outside your schedule to meet production? . . and also what the ratio is of straight transcription to voice rec on the oncology accounts? Any help is appreciated. TIA ...

Nuance Email On Open Flexing Times
Jun 08, 2011

Did everyone get the email that said response needed saying we understood? Now no more flexing outside your regular shift hours. If you do not get in your time/lines, you can only flex outside your shift during open flex time, which is Friday 6 pm until Monday 6 am. I don't guess this really bothers me. As long as we can still flex if we don't have hours in. How does everyone else feel about this? ...