A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Printer Problem - Shelly

Posted: Jul 15, 2010

I have a Canon MP240 printer that ran out of black ink.  I replaced the cartrige and the printer will not recognize that there is ink in it.  This has never happened before  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Shelly

It may be a defective cartridge - Do you have another one you can try

[ In Reply To ..]

Had something similar happen with an HP printer.  Sometimes there is a malfunction with the cartridge.  I took mine back and got a new one.  Put the new one in and the printer worked perfectly.  It was a pain because it was late at night and I had something I needed to finish printing, but at least I did not have to replace the whole printer.  I now always buy a 2-pack so I have an extra cartridge available, just in case. 

By the way, the person at Office Depot just looked at the cartridge I returned, said "yea" its defective, and immediately gave me a new one.  So I guess it does happen quite a bit. 

Not good news, but worth a try if nothing else works.

Good Luck. 

Similar Messages:

Weird Printer
Jun 23, 2012

I just sent a document to my Hewlett Packard printer and set it for 3 copies.  The first copy was fine.  The second and third copies looked like a new language.  On further inspection, it was obvious that each letter of the alphabet and number was offset by one.  In other words, a became b, b became c, 1 became 2, etc.  When I sent a request to print just one more copy at a time, it printed just fine.  This is undoubtedly the strangest thing that I've ever had ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

Question: If You Need A Fax Machine Or Printer For A Job...
Oct 14, 2014

Does that suggest you will need daily patient lists faxed to you that are hard to read and you have to stop and glean information from them that you are not being paid to do? Just wondering.  I just assumed all of that from the need of a fax machine.  Anyone else venture a guess?      ...

Laptop Doesn't Recognize Printer - SM
Mar 22, 2010

I have a Dell Insprion 1525 and  HP Laserjet 1020.  The HP is not listed in the Dell's list of printers to connect to.  I can't find the disk that came with the printer or the instruction booklet.  Does anyone know of a way I can get the printer to work with the laptop through some other means?  I don't know much about all this stuff so any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Easy Assemble 24 Dot Matrix Printer
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an easy to assemble 24 dot matrix printer? ...

Windows XP/printer (non-MT) Tech Question
Jan 27, 2013

Okay, I admit it, I'm being lazy posting here, because it's just a computer tech question, not an MT-equipment-related one.  However, I hang out here and know there are some pretty tech-savvy folks, so I figured it was worth tossing it out there. I have an HP4 LaserJet printer (an OLD workhorse -- we're talking a 20-year-old printer and still going strong) and recently bought a new PC running Windows XP.  The LaserJet is a parallel printer, and the new PC doesn� ...