A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Laptop doesn't recognize printer - SM - Linda

Posted: Mar 22, 2010

I have a Dell Insprion 1525 and  HP Laserjet 1020.  The HP is not listed in the Dell's list of printers to connect to.  I can't find the disk that came with the printer or the instruction booklet.  Does anyone know of a way I can get the printer to work with the laptop through some other means? 

I don't know much about all this stuff so any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Go to the HP site and download the driver you need. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Thank you - Linda

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

printer - Jo Lynda

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG, this is weird. I have the exact devices and the exact problem, but I do have the CD for the printer. I too need help.

Similar Messages:

What Companies Recognize The Value Of Experience?
Aug 27, 2013

When I do a job - whether editing SR or straight transcription - it often demands the years of experience that I have in order to resolve the problems and ambiguities that prevent the job from having multiple blanks and going on "hold".  For instance, I know how to rapidly formulate Web queries in order to find AUTHORITATIVE documentation regarding new equipment, new drugs, etc.  I know how to make the subtle changes in the grammar of ESL dictators so that their dictation doesn't ...

How Long Does Escription Take To Recognize A New Dictator?
Nov 22, 2014

We're having some discussion about that.  When I worked for Nuance years ago I was told 10 dictations to product a draft, another woman who went through training when they converted to Escription at our present employer says she was told 100 dictations, and another one says 90 hours of dictation.   Does anyone know how long it takes before it recognizes a new dictator? ...

Printer Problem
Jul 15, 2010

I have a Canon MP240 printer that ran out of black ink.  I replaced the cartrige and the printer will not recognize that there is ink in it.  This has never happened before  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks! Shelly ...

Weird Printer
Jun 23, 2012

I just sent a document to my Hewlett Packard printer and set it for 3 copies.  The first copy was fine.  The second and third copies looked like a new language.  On further inspection, it was obvious that each letter of the alphabet and number was offset by one.  In other words, a became b, b became c, 1 became 2, etc.  When I sent a request to print just one more copy at a time, it printed just fine.  This is undoubtedly the strangest thing that I've ever had ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

Question: If You Need A Fax Machine Or Printer For A Job...
Oct 14, 2014

Does that suggest you will need daily patient lists faxed to you that are hard to read and you have to stop and glean information from them that you are not being paid to do? Just wondering.  I just assumed all of that from the need of a fax machine.  Anyone else venture a guess?      ...

Easy Assemble 24 Dot Matrix Printer
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an easy to assemble 24 dot matrix printer? ...

Windows XP/printer (non-MT) Tech Question
Jan 27, 2013

Okay, I admit it, I'm being lazy posting here, because it's just a computer tech question, not an MT-equipment-related one.  However, I hang out here and know there are some pretty tech-savvy folks, so I figured it was worth tossing it out there. I have an HP4 LaserJet printer (an OLD workhorse -- we're talking a 20-year-old printer and still going strong) and recently bought a new PC running Windows XP.  The LaserJet is a parallel printer, and the new PC doesn� ...

It Doesn't Get Better Than This!
Apr 07, 2010

I have an ESL dictating discharge medications with the hiccups! He just keeps right on dictating and I'm supposed to know what was said during the hiccup. VR is having a great time with this! ...

ROI DOESN'T PAY
Jun 02, 2011

Rapid Outsourcing Imaging hired me to work the weekend graveyard shift.  Their transcription platform does not refresh itself, and there is very little work.  What work does come in has an almost immediate TAT, so you are expected to sit in front of your pc for a 10-hour graveyard shift constantly refreshing your screen to check for work.  When work does come in and show up on your screen, it is already 7 minutes into the 20-minute TAT.  I was making about $2 per hour.  ...

Help...this Just Doesn't Look Right To Me...
Jan 13, 2012

Sentance reads: " The patient denies any parenthesis or weakness in the right lower extremity. "  It just doesn't look right and when I look it up online I only get examples and definitions of the puncutation parenthesis or parentheses... Thanks for all your help :) ...

New HP Laptop
Dec 31, 2009

Okay, I should have checked all this out before I bought a new computer, I know.  But I didn't and now I am paying for it. My company's software is not compatible with Windows 7 and that's what my new computer installed on it.  I have learned that I can take it to a local repair store and have the XP installed on it and the Word 2003, but then I found out from my employer's IT guy that a 64-bit computer is also not compatible.  Geesh!  Anything else I sho ...

Laptop Help
Jul 28, 2011

After being driven out of my house to a motel for 5 days last week due to the heat (94 degrees even with a small a/c, I think the time is here to get a laptop.  I discovered the motel does have internet access.  It's supposed to be 100 tomorrow. I need suggestions in choosing.  Since I have to have Windows XP, I'm limited to getting a refurb online.  There are lots out there, but mostly Dells, with widely varying models and prices.  I know I want something wit ...

Laptop MT?
Oct 31, 2011

I am sure I could use a laptop just as well as I could use a desktop.  I would like to travel more before things start getting really bad in America.  Plus I would like to visit family more often.  I was wondering if anyone out there works off of a laptop and how they liked it.  I was thinking I would get an external mouse and connect my keyboard so I can make production better.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I have to buy a new computer and I am debating whether I cou ...

Anyone Use A Laptop With A 10-key Pad?
Feb 07, 2012

My Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop died today so I need a replacement ASAP.  I'm writing this on my son's Toshiba Satellite, which has a 10-key pad that my Dell does not.  Is anyone using a laptop w/a 10-key pad?  Would you recommend it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Using Laptop
Sep 29, 2012

I know this is a dumb question, but can mmodal employees use a laptop instead of a regular puter? ...

Does Anyone Use A Laptop For Their Job?
Jan 29, 2013

Just wondering if anyone uses a laptop to do their transcription, or if most people just use a desk top computer. ...

Laptop?
Apr 17, 2013

Duh. ...

What Laptop Do You Use?
Aug 21, 2013

I am thinking of leaving the comfort of my PC and switching to a laptop so I can do a little traveling.  Any tips or suggestions on specs? ...

Need A New Laptop
Oct 04, 2014

Hi, I am looking for recommendations on a  laptop.  It will be a gift (not from my husband) but from a relative.  I would like one with word processing but I am happy to download open office.  I will mainly use the laptop for internet and I would like to get a wireless printer at some time.  I know there is a Google type of laptop where nothing is actually stored.  Some folks say it is better to get a regular laptop.  I wouldn't be opposed to getting a re ...

Laptop
Feb 14, 2015

Does anybody transcribe from a laptop?  Thinking about trying that.     ...

Doesn't ANYONE Have Work?????
Dec 02, 2009

I have TWO JOBS right now and BOTH are completely out of work.  It's been this way since mid-Sept or so.  Every week I think, I'll get up EARLIER and pop out even more lines than ever.............but to no avail.  NO WORK.  I'm an IC with one and an employee with the other (a HUGE company). This after I had two other jobs two years ago that completely flaked out too where the work load dwindled to nothing, so I looked around and took these other two (I tr ...

Doesn't This Figure!
Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone consta ...

MQ Doesn't Need To Fire Or Lay Off
Mar 29, 2010

The evil Q doesn't have to fire or lay anyone off, they can just starve us to death with no work.  ...

If Your Employer Doesn't Pay You.....
May 05, 2010

Only using an employer as an example - my personal example - but my idea is applicable to all the others I have read about on this site Not long ago, I posted a rant about Siance not paying me.  I turned them in to the Labor Board.  They were given a deadline to pay me, but it could take that Dept up to 6 months or longer to get my money.  I thought...HMMM...I HAVE BILLS TODAY - NOT IN 6 MONTHS MAN!    So...I filed unemployment against Saince.  They did a pho ...

S1 Transcription Just Doesn't Pay
Sep 25, 2010

Not paid for four months' of work. ...

Transcend Really Doesn't Seem That Into Me
Dec 17, 2011

I've heard how great Transcend is so I applied, in addition to 8-10 other companies.  I had heard such great things and such rave reviews from Transcend employees they were a company I wanted to hear back from most.  Two weeks later still not a word, and I had already tested for most of the other companies and had been given offers.  Because I was most interested in Transcend, I decided to write the recruiter using the email address I found on the website.  Even after a ...

Let Me Tell You What You Already Know--MTtoCoding Doesn't Like Us
Sep 11, 2012

Let's sum it up briefly. MTtoCoding doesn't like us one bit. She also doesn't like being here. It causes her distress, just like her university and the instructor from her university did. We are all losers. Continued. We are bad, the MT board is bad also, her university is bad, the teacher is really, really bad, credentialed teachers stink, work experience is a bad idea for teachers to have, etc. She just dropped in to tell us about a great new coding course. When she didn&rs ...

It Doesn't Seem Like Anyone Is Learning
Mar 25, 2014

This is a two-sided message. It is painfully obvious that no one is learning anything from having failed audits. This being said, I think there are a few sides to this. First, the error weights are harsh for a lot of small errors. Second, the error weighs are not harsh enough for other errors. Third, and most importantly, no one seems to be taking the time to learn anything from the audits/feedback in order to improve themselves and their work, which leads me to what I would do if ...

Doesn't It Piss You Off....
Jan 22, 2015

When you type an ESL, and you know he/she says the same thing all the time, but you cannot figure it out for the life of you.  Leave a blank and send it on, when you know that blank could have been filled?  I'm not passing it on to QA.  How many times I have been audited with the same doctors I have submitted to QA is laughable.  Fool me once....  etc., etc., etc. ...