A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lesser of 3 evils, Transtech, Transcend, Webmedx..sm - Tired of Typin

Posted: Dec 08, 2009

After 6 years, my company has eliminated all employee status personnel.  I am frantically searching for a new employer with benefits.  Given this choice, where would you go?  Other suggestions.  I have applied EVERYWHERE with various success..15 years acute care experience, good QA and production.

lesser of 3 evils - disheartened

[ In Reply To ..]
We MTs apparently no longer count for anything in this industry. Our dedication to our profession means nothing to our employers. The employer has changed our status without regard to impact, stating our production has increased because of VR. What a crock!!!

No benefits and 40% pay cut. Merry Christmas! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I absolutely, positively would not make a move without working - PT for the new MTSO first. Burned too many times!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Which company is that? They must have -- - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
-- people jumping ship left and right.

Proscript, Apparently employees were quietly phased out over the last year.. - Tired of Typin

[ In Reply To ..]
except for a few like me and then we get less than 30 days notice!

Proscript - disheartened

[ In Reply To ..]
You aren't the only one. If they haven't had a lot of people leaving, they soon will.
Could someone fill me in... what is wrong with Proscript? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Proscript..sm - Tired of Typin
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing I guess if you are new with them, but I am a long timer. Lost all my benefits, getting a huge pay cut, and I don't even know anyone in management anymore. My great accounts withered away one by one. I loved the company and thought I would stay forever.
They were always known as "nice people" until recently. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
but in the past year they have gradually been eliminating benefits, starting with the small ones like telephone reimbursement and a monthly drawing they used to have for filling out these little terminology quizzes they had, and now this post-VR pay cut, in addition to dropping all benefits and converting employees over to statutory status. They had a management change; some would say a coup. Now the atmosphere is more that of a sweatshop, with staff e-mailing MTs constantly throughout the day and night that they're letting things get behind and they should keep checking for work, even outside of their scheduled hours. On Thanksgiving they even had the gall to say that anyone not working (and there was very little work available, believe me) would be responsible for anything bad that happened to the patients that day and to think of the families etc.

It's sad what such a nice company has become.
You are echoing my thoughts! - Tired of Typin
[ In Reply To ..]
I knew something was up with all the changes, but this was beyond my wildest nightmares.
ProScript - WTF
[ In Reply To ..]
It is Sad....hired at a certain cpl, worked well for 3 months then told abruptly "oh sorry, we were paying you the wrong cpl rate" and cut me almost in HALF!? With no warning whatsoever, had to beg and plead for them not to change it until 1/2010....but you can't win anymore in this industry...I can make more working from McDonalds...AND get benefits!
Proscript..sm - Tired of Typin
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish someone would get rid of this new crew who has taken over and give us the old Proscript back. (yeah right) They certainly do not appreciate employees, in fact, told us as much in their SOU letter they sent out. No one can make enough to live on in this business anymore. Wish I wasn't the sole earner in this family. I am seriously looking into filing backruptcy.
ProScript - does it even matter
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree completely. You just can't get ahead with this anymore, and we can basically thank the people who send work overseas b/c it offsets everything and develops new pay standards for us all..I used to make what was considered very good money in this industry....I made more 10 years ago than I am making now.....doesn't seem right
ProScript - NoAlias
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree wholeheartedly. I loved this company, and this new management crew is like a dictatorship. Even through email the attitude comes through. I also lost all my benefits with only 30 days' notice. The old crew was terrific and I would have stayed with them forever. Now even the old crew is slowly but surely leaving, and we'll never see the likes of this fine company again. Rick Cameron, you blew it again.
You and me both! It was a shock wasn't it? - Tired of Typin
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder how many of the "employees" will be there in a month or so. I hope they live to regret screwing us!
Not sure where you are coming from?? - Hmmmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, it's not the worst company with the worst pay out there. Trust me, there is MUCH MUCH worse.

Second, the accounts are easy, the platform is easy. Yeah, the pay sucks, but it's average for this field. You want more? Go work directly for a clinic.

Third, I personally think the leads we have now are good peeps. They're very helpful and responsive. The updates get a little annoying every couple of hours, but it's not like they're hammering it into our heads to WORK WORK WORK. At least they have the freakin' heart to thank us for the work we do, unlike others in the past.

Fourth, not sure how the employees are screwing us...but I guess that's your way of dealing with it, so...whatever. If you've been in business for as long as I have, you would know by now how it works. You've obviously either forgotten or just plain don't know and maybe shouldn't be in this line of work.

Webmedx if you work on the Enterprise side - sm - LongWeb

[ In Reply To ..]
the CM side of the platform seems to have not enough work and many of them post here about the lack. On the Enterprise side there is lots of work and overtime, esp for acute care MTs.

To get benefits you have to work 40 hrs a week; however, there is medical, dental, vision insurance. We were just notified that the cost is rising (a lot for some of us) but that seems to be the trend in general for any health care insurance.

Paid holidays, paid vacation, small the first year but decent after that. Platform is easy to use and most MTs report decent or good day-to-day management.

NO WORK OFFSHORE!

I work on Enterprise and I am out of work right now - not everyone in your boat

[ In Reply To ..]
OP - read all the posts below about Webmedx, and then make up your mind.

Are you acute care or rad maybe? Just curious. nm - LongWeb

[ In Reply To ..]
.. Usually the clinic / ER / rad MTs are the ones who run out more often. That's a shame since there's so much to do on most of the other accounts.

Tell them to train you on Chartmatrix sm - crock

[ In Reply To ..]
because it seems to me that when Enterprise is low, CM is full and vice versa. This way you're covered.

Webmedx bennies - Happy Webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
For the record, your benefits are not affected if you are not working your 40 hours due to lack of work. If you are on an acute account and still running out of work, you need to ask your STM about helping on other STMs accounts, as some of us are on OT and really struggling to keep things on the good and happy side (ie in TAT)

Transtech - Transcend ran out of work (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Transtech was very friendly and QA easy. I never was audited once I was released from QA. They leave you alone to do your work and no IM necessary either. By all means go with Transtech and they have PT if you want to start with that. Great incentive pay.

Don't know about Webmedx.

Is Transtech the same as TTS? nm - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Don't think so - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a company called Transcription, Technology, and Support, which is abbreviated TTS that I know of. I don't think Transtech is TTS also, but I could be wrong.

To is Transtech the same as TTS... Transtech is located - in Texas. TTS is in New Jersey

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

INCENTIVE PAY? WHEN WAS THAT? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Please let the rest of us know. There was virtually no work last week, yet 2 job ads were posted here in the month of November. And the 45% cut in pay with the advent of VR, with their still crappy dictators which you have to practically type over from scratch, how do you get off tooting "incentive pay"? Not to OUR recollection.

Transtech overhires big time, and then they ...sm - ps

[ In Reply To ..]
expect you to flex around their schedule constantly. They love to overhire when they get a tiny bit busy and then that puts the rest of us out of work for months.

Don't employers have to verify their MTs meet IC guidelines? - Sounds like a nasty way to avoid benfits. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If you need health insurance... - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
I would scroll down and look at the post further down on this forum about WMX's health insurance. The cost of our health benefits will go up significantly after January 1, and the deductibles and co-payments are also rising significantly. Someone posted the exact amounts below. You might be able to find better insurance elsewhere. There are also other issues at WMX--like overhiring, a recent pay cut for VR, crappy new VR software (M-Modal) coming soon, etc. When I first started about 3 years ago everyone was raving about how great the company is, but they don't seem to care too much about their MTs anymore.

Similar Messages:

The Lesser Of 3 Evils?
Oct 03, 2013

Nuance,M-modal or Softscript? ...

Lesser Of The 2 Evils?
Oct 31, 2013

I have 2 job offers, one from Mmodal and one from Soft Scripts.  I've been out of transcription for about a year, so I'm not up to speed on which companies are good or bad, etc.  Can someone fill me in?  Which one of these is the lesser of 2 evils? ...

Amphion Or Nuance? Lesser Of 2 Evils....
Apr 15, 2015

I am wondering if there are any current Amphion employees out there that can give me an idea what it is like over there? Pay, accounts, platform? I tested with them yesterday but then saw some poor reviews on another site. I currently work for Nuance and am wondering if just staying with what I know might be better, or should I try to do both part-time until something else comes along??? I am wanting to get into coding but have to bide my time until I can pay for school, which is why I applied f ...

Poll: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils? MModal Or Nuance? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

POLL: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils, Nuance Or MModal? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

x ...

Has Anyone Worked For WebMedx AND TransTech?
Feb 04, 2010

nm ...

Do TransTech Or Webmedx Have A Paid Training Period While
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

Do TransTech And Webmedx Send Work To India?
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Does WebMedX, Amphion Or TransTech Have Decent Insurance?sm
Feb 06, 2011

Just curious.  I'm thinking about applying with them.  I have to have good insurance, and hopefully not real expensive.  Thanks!  ...

Transcend Or Webmedx
Mar 27, 2010

Which companys is better to work for? ...

Who Is Bigger, WebmedX Or Transcend?
Sep 04, 2010

nm ...

Transcend Versus TransTech
Jul 25, 2011

I'm looking for part-time work to fill in my IC job.  Was looking into Transcend or TransTech.  Any part-timers for these 2 companies want to share your experience? ...

Transcend Versus TransTech?
Sep 20, 2011

Considering both.  Anybody working at either now?  How are things?  Anybody worked at either in the past?  Why did you leave?  Thanks for any help. ...

Did Nuance Buy TransTech? Or Was That Transcend? Or Both? Nm
Nov 29, 2012

x ...

Webmedx, Transcend, SoftScript, Other Nationals?
Jan 18, 2010

May be looking for another job. Any insight on these companies?  Know there is good and bad everywhere but want some honest answers.  Thanks in advance! ...

Flexitouch Lesser Pump
Aug 26, 2013

patient is in decongestive therapy, custom flat knit garment. He did have a Flexitouch ____(s/l lesser) pump trial completed today.   Any ideas what this could be? ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...