A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lesser of the 2 evils? - GAMT

Posted: Oct 31, 2013

I have 2 job offers, one from Mmodal and one from Soft Scripts.  I've been out of transcription for about a year, so I'm not up to speed on which companies are good or bad, etc.  Can someone fill me in?  Which one of these is the lesser of 2 evils?

I don't see how mmodal can be hiring when they laid off - so many not long ago!

[ In Reply To ..]
That is just horrible!

Two Evils - COMT

[ In Reply To ..]
DO NOT WORK FOR MM! Don't give them the satisfaction of hiring you and treating you like dirt. Tell them exactly that you have been forewarned about them and would not even consider working for them. I doubt the SS is better, but at least is isn't MM. Like the other post stated, they just fired/laid off many MTs and many of them had been with MM for 20 years. Don't think for a moment it can't happen to you, no matter what they say. Also, their accounts are horrible, VR is horrible, everything is horrible. Nuff said, Run, don't walk to another company!

This is like Sophie's choice - I hear SS is horrible too.

[ In Reply To ..]

Sophie's choice: From the novel and film of the same name, an impossibly difficult choice, especially when forced onto someone. The choice is between two unbearable options, and it's essentially a no-win situation.

It stinks but..... - GAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have recent experience because I've been gone for a year. I just wanna get my foot back in the door so I can go somewhere decent. I have 14 yrs experience as an MT as well as team lead and QA experience. I just need recent experience. Gah so much has changed.
Suppose that you have gotten that foot in the door - where is that somewhere decent
[ In Reply To ..]
Why bother? There is no "somewhere decent," this job is what it is, so why oh why do you want your foot in the door?

SS doesn't offer disability insurance-sm - ex-ss-er

[ In Reply To ..]
That was one huge consideration for me, not short-term or long-term either one, I think it's only mandatory in some states and mine isn't one. That is a huge reason why I quit there, along with not having enough work to keep my bills paid.

PUT ON YOUR RUNNING BOOTS! - gltrgrami

[ In Reply To ..]
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE A JOB AT MMODAL. RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK. I have worked for them for 2 years and they are without a doubt the worst company I have ever worked for (30 years being an MT.) Every time we turn around they are throwing us under the bus. I'm working on getting out of this blood-sucking, sweat shop as I type this. I don't know anything about Soft Script, so I cannot comment. I highly recommend you get out of this line of work completely. It's a dying profession... just a matter of time, a short period of time. Just being honest. Good luck to you.

Similar Messages:

The Lesser Of 3 Evils?
Oct 03, 2013

Nuance,M-modal or Softscript? ...

Amphion Or Nuance? Lesser Of 2 Evils....
Apr 15, 2015

I am wondering if there are any current Amphion employees out there that can give me an idea what it is like over there? Pay, accounts, platform? I tested with them yesterday but then saw some poor reviews on another site. I currently work for Nuance and am wondering if just staying with what I know might be better, or should I try to do both part-time until something else comes along??? I am wanting to get into coding but have to bide my time until I can pay for school, which is why I applied f ...

Lesser Of 3 Evils, Transtech, Transcend, Webmedx..sm
Dec 08, 2009

After 6 years, my company has eliminated all employee status personnel.  I am frantically searching for a new employer with benefits.  Given this choice, where would you go?  Other suggestions.  I have applied EVERYWHERE with various success..15 years acute care experience, good QA and production. ...

Poll: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils? MModal Or Nuance? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

POLL: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils, Nuance Or MModal? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

x ...

Flexitouch Lesser Pump
Aug 26, 2013

patient is in decongestive therapy, custom flat knit garment. He did have a Flexitouch ____(s/l lesser) pump trial completed today.   Any ideas what this could be? ...