A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes payday change - ship-jumper

Posted: Aug 30, 2011

So, I got this nice email from KS today.  Paydates are changing immediately, from the 1st and 15th to the 3rd and 17th - because their "financial advisors" told them to.  Really?  I guess that means they don't have money to make payroll on Thursday. 

It goes into effect the next one, not this one. nm - KSMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't you see the second email?

they hope - ship-jumper

[ In Reply To ..]
The email said that their payroll company assumed they meant this payroll also, so they are trying to get it straightened out (sure they are), so it might go into effect this payperiod or it might go into effect next period...they will let us know when they figure it out. Whatever... More lies, more lies.

I didn't get a second e-mail yet...(sm) - Karen

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for the update.

The 2nd one says they are waiting to hear if - it will be this payday. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently, the payroll service interpreted "effective immediately" and may not be paying us on the 1st. If the 1st email is correct, then we will get paid Friday since the 3rd is a Saturday. But they are waiting to hear.

Maybe - see msg - KSL1

[ In Reply To ..]
The email I got stated, "The previous email had misinformation in it that we want to clear up. By effective immediately, we meant with the next check, this pay period, not the one for the 1st. Unfortunately, our payroll service interpreted it the same way that most of you just did and we are waiting to hear if it will be this check or the next. "

Wrong - mac66

[ In Reply To ..]
It goes into effect for THIS payroll, not the 17th. We will be paid on the 2nd, not the 1st.

Where did you hear that? - NYMT

[ In Reply To ..]
the last email I got said payday would not be effected until the 17th.
look again - kser
[ In Reply To ..]
there was another email tonight..
WOW - NYMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing like sending an email at 5:05 pm saying they screwed up - how convenient and what a lie. Way to treat all your hardworking MTs. I did get my paystub this morning, however, so this whole thing is very, very strange. Time to start looking...

If they needed to change the dates of our payday..(sm) - Karen

[ In Reply To ..]
the least they could have done was give us some kind of notice and not start it until October. I can't believe this is being done 2 days before payday. People have automatic payments taken out that are too late to change. I just don't understand why this had to be done so last-minute.

I was told that the person who sent the email was not supposed to say effective immediately. She ad - Happy KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I also have auto payments which is why I called right away.

Thanks for the updates.I'll wait for my second e-mail (nm) - Karen

[ In Reply To ..]
Did everyone notice WHY THEY ARE DOING IT? - NOTSUBMITTINGONTIME
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that if we don't get paid on the 1st, it is too short of notice. However, it will be 1 day late, but it also gives a contact name and e-mail as they don't want to cause financial hardship on ANYONE. I also gives the reason as to why they are doing this. MTs are NOT SUBMITTING THEIR LINE COUNTS ON TIME OR SUBMITTING ERRORONEOUS LINE COUNTS.

Why come on here and LIE and say it's because they don't have money to make payroll??? If you are so unhappy at KS, then leave. There are so many MTs that have it HORRIBLE right now that would give anything to work for a company like KS.

My experience has not been 100% positive, but it sure could have been so much worse. I am so sick of people coming here and stirring the pot. They gave their reasons and it is to try and prevent payroll from being LATE. If someone made a mistake when saying EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, they are willing to make that right, too. So go JUMP SHIP.
not a good reason - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Paying your employees in a timely matter should not be dependent on getting line counts in on time. I used to do billing and payroll for a government contractor. I had to get all the hours together for both. It was my job to hound people to get them done. However, there was no way we ever go the money before the next payroll anyway.

If there are employees not submitting their time, they need to be written up, fired, whatever, but there is absolutely no reason to punish the rest of us for their mistakes. I have had 3 late paychecks in 3 years and have had my pay cut, have had accounts disappear without anyone ever telling anyone or answering questions (only to find out they went to another company). So, their communication is poor, if anything. Holding onto our money for a couple more days buys them more time either to earn interest or scrape together pennys to pay us.

Sorry that you are sick and tired, but frankly, I don't care. I have as much right to post as you do to complain about my posting. As for why I stick around...I have 8 months of school left and 3 job offers lined up for when I graduate. In the meantime, I'm gonna stick it out as long as I can!
You are correct. - If not getting counts...
[ In Reply To ..]
the evening before payroll, then we would be getting pay for what we had just transcribed. Therefore, another bogus excuse on the horizon. KS is hoping we do not catch on to what is going on.
I hope that KS gets rid of all the people who obviously don't want to be there. sm - why do you stay?
[ In Reply To ..]
I love working for Keystrokes, and I actually feel sorry for the managers when they have to deal with negative people day in and day out. I had a lot of contact with many people in the office when I was going through a personal health issue, and I was treated very well, with compassion and kindness. I make good money with them and I have a lot of work each day, which is better than it sounds like at other companies. Then again, there is so much negativity on this board that I have to wonder if any companies are really bad other than a very few.

I hope that you really have a job when you graduate. I have 2 children who have graduated from college in the past 2 years that cannot find jobs in their fields, engineering and accounting. They are not the minority; it is not easy to find a job now. You must be pretty special if you have 3 job offers lined up for 8 months from now, with companies that are willing to wait to fill positions that long. I doubt that in this economy, or haven't you heard the unemployment numbers?

I worked with someone with health issues and - she cherry picked
[ In Reply To ..]
and used her illness for skipping reports because she could not remember what was said, and on disability while working for KS.
Jobs/KS - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
First, in regards to Keystrokes, employees have a right to speak up when they feel they are being treated unfairly. I have been with KS for almost 4 years, and while I love my work and the people I work with, there have been so many issues in these past years that its getting ridiculous. I will continue to speak up and I don't really care if you (or anyone else) doesn't want to hear it.

As for jobs, I am graduating as a Family/Women's Health Nurse Practioner, so yes, there are many, many jobs available and hospitals and practices are willing to wait on you because they need you, especially if they know you and like you. As for the sarcastic "pretty special" comment, whatever!

I am sorry to hear that your children haven't been able to find jobs in those fields. Do they have B.S. degrees? I live in a state hit pretty hard these past few years (yes, I've seen the unemployment numbers), however, engineers, accountants, and nurses always seem to have job opportunities available if they have at least a Bachelor's degree, a decent GPA, and went to a good school (doesn't have to be Ivy League). My nephew, in Maryland, graduated from U o M in the spring and had several job offers before he graduated, both from CPA firms and the state government. My son is graduating in May with a dual mechanical engineering/physics degree and he is being heavily recruited as well. So, there are good jobs out there.
Good luck (sm) - Karen
[ In Reply To ..]
Congratulations! You made the right call by going back to school and you will definitely get a better job once you graduate. I want to get into something else too, but I'm too old (nearly 60) to start completely over as far as going to school for nurse practitioner or any kind of nursing job. Honestly, if I had seen what was coming in the MT field, I would have gotten out even 10 years ago, but I was blind as a bat about the warnings. Good luck to you!
Good luck to you - Those of us that have left
[ In Reply To ..]
have never regretted it.
Some of those who complain so darn much... - radMT
[ In Reply To ..]
should be sentenced to one year at MedQuist without parole! Having come to KS recently from the Squid myself after many years of abuse, I bet a lot of complaining would stop abruptly if these people had to put up with a REALLY bad company, lol. I'm finding KS to be a very refreshing change 4 the better :)
You will learn - I too worked for MQ
[ In Reply To ..]
LOL. The joke is on you.
Bash away. - radMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a feeling you were one of those perpetually bitter MQ employees even during the "good years" at the Q. Move along :)
Good luck to you - luvjava
[ In Reply To ..]
They "let me go" when they lost a big account...Best thing that ever happened to me! So happy now...
Of course, 'cause KS never lies - ship-jumper
[ In Reply To ..]
I have seen KS lie to their employees time and time again, so whatever. I am mid-jump, thank you for very much.

As for you being tired of reading complaints on this board - go take a nap - you will feel better!
THERE IS ALWAYS AN EXCUSE - it is a little late for..
[ In Reply To ..]
automatic debits from an account. It has ALWAYS BEEN someone else's fault. The bank made a mistake, holiday, etc.
This is par for KS. If you are sick of coming on here and reading what is said, then STAY OFF OF MT Stars and stop reading the messages. There have been times when payroll could not be met and was not told until afterward, having the money put in my account and taken out by the bank for NSF. If someone doesn't submit line counts, they should be penalized not everyone else.

Springing this on us is not good and makes them look bad. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I wonder why they scare us so often with things like this. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay cut, payroll late, pay cut, payroll late. My nerves are shot. It isn't easy to type with your heart in your throat all the time.

Agreed - old and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
Very true indeed. I've gotten to the point where I'm constantly wondering to myself "OK, what's going to happen today?" or "What's going to happen tomorrow?" I don't know how much more of this I can take. As soon as I read that email today, I started scrambling to try to push back the things I have set up for auto pay. There were a couple of things that were too late to change because it was too short of notice.

My two cents. sm - Tired and Old

[ In Reply To ..]
KS only did one pay cut that I know of in the 8 years I have been there. I think that they are a good/great company but they seem disorganized in the office most of the time. I know that they don't want to cause problems for anyone and everyone I have ever talked to there seems to really care. I just wish they'd all get on the same page. They really are the only good one left out there with everyone going to MQ or to Nuance (have worked for both) and they don't send work offshore or do too much VR. The pay is decent when compared to others. The only issues I have are the few recent late pays, which I believe will stop now that they are changing the dates. If they didn't care about us or if they were out for the money, we would not be notified or would get a "who cares?" attitude from them and our pay rates would be much less. I've been with KS long enough to know that each time they have a growth spurt, there are issues. Perhaps they need to plan for that growth a little better, just IMHO.
I wish I had your confidence. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Ditto... - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
2nd pay cut - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
This is continual and it will continue to happen in the future. For those of you that disagree, the first paycut was when the new office was being built and the owner's new home was being built. In the 9 years with KS, there have been many late pay dates and when getting regular paychecks, the checks were always late. (of course it was the US mail's fault).

is KS's favorite number . . . . - 11?

[ In Reply To ..]
is is just me or does everytime something like this happens, it is done in the 11th hour? is this KS's favorite number or is KS's favorite game craps? hmmmm . . .

In total agreement and it is getting old - and yes

[ In Reply To ..]
it is a virtual crap shoot with KS. Late pay dates, no work, wondering when the ax will fall. Any one else have high blood pressure?

Then leave. If you don't have work, they don't want you there anyway. - Busy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Other than the normal summer slow down, which has not been bad this year, I have had plenty of work and so has everyone that I have talked to. Maybe there's a reason you don't have work.
PAYDAY IS TOMORROW- QUIT TELLING STUFF NOT TRUE - CEO POSTED HERSELF
[ In Reply To ..]
Instead of sitting here bashing and lying, why don't you TELL THE TRUTH. Payday is tomorrow. It doesn't take effect until the 17th of September. The CEO posted it herself on the Keystrokes FB page. She also apologized for the miscommunication and trouble that is caused anyone. It was a MISCOMMUNICATION between her and the person that sent the e-mail.

Go find another job with a company that you like better if all of you think KS is so bad and the pay is so rotten. I guarantee that YOU WON'T FIND IT. You know it too or you wouldn't still be working for them. You just have nothing better to do than to keep drama going.

So KS is changing pay dates, BIG DEAL. Gotta run to MTSTARS and start bashing?? GET A LIFE PEOPLE. I wish they could get addresses and names of who post, so they could get rid of every one of you.
Sounds a little threatening... - hmmm
[ In Reply To ..]
"I wish they could get addresses and names of [people] who post so they could get ride of every one of you."

You might want to rethink this statement.
I remember a time when - people were being asked if
[ In Reply To ..]
they were the ones posting.
Change in pay dates is a big deal to those - that hav automatic withdrawals
[ In Reply To ..]
and will get charged penalties if the money is not there. Secondly, we have been through this several times before and thirdly who has the time to go on FB, obviouly you don't have enough work either if you have the time to post here and be on facebook. If you don't know what others have had to deal with in working for KS, don't make accusations.
Obviously, I'm done for the day, more than enough work. - typed 16000 lines for payperiod, you???
[ In Reply To ..]
You have more than enough time to change your automatic payments from coming out, so quit whining.

Don't say that I don't have enough work or I wouldn't be on FB. I was OFF WORK, when I got on the KS Page, having already put my 16,000+ lines in for the pay period. So, you can't "either" me about not having enough work.

When my account was going through the summer slow down, my production coordinator was more than happy to move me to another account that was very busy. Maybe you are one of those who aren't willing to do whatever it takes to have work and work when it's there???
Since you asked, less than 8000 lines on 3 accounts-doesn't seem fair, does it? (nm) - Drowning
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe less time on here would work - for you? n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I have better things to do on my off days than - to read about KS on FB
[ In Reply To ..]
According to my bank, 1 or 2 days is not enough for automatic payments to stop. They are set up a few days in advance.
You have until the 17th of September! Long enough???? - Geesh
[ In Reply To ..]
Mm
Takes effect this week - read your e-mails - GEEEEESH!
[ In Reply To ..]
Obviously you don't know how KS operates.
What about the people who don't do FB? How are they to know? sm - non-FBer
[ In Reply To ..]
I have received no follow-up e-mail with that info. If they have the time to post it on Facebook, why couldn't they send another e-mail?

As much as I like KS, I have to agree this is getting scary. It almost is playing out like what happened to my old non-MT company years ago. Fingers crossed that it isn't the case.
Wow, Lee, calm down... - KSER
[ In Reply To ..]
She already addressed the issue on her page - Personally
[ In Reply To ..]
Where people can't hide and don't hide behind fake names. If you can post here, then you can become a member of the KS FB page where you can be real. Or are you scared to put your real name out there?
Wow Lee - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
You are getting really testy. I did call the office as well as email and voice my concerns, as for putting my real name here, what purpose would that serve, Lee?
Ha! Ha! You think you are cute! You wish she would - Address you!
[ In Reply To ..]
All of this just b/c KS changed pay dates. Cracks me up how immature women are. If I was Lee, I would clean house!
HAHA cracks me up how people assume... - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
...that all MTs are women, so that makes me a woman. You are funny. And all of this isn't because of a paydate change. It's because of 2 paycuts in the past few years, several late paychecks, last minute "dropping of the bomb" that KS is so good at, poor communication, screaming for people to work extra, then not picking up the phone when people are looking for more work.

Lee should clean house, starting in the front office. There is a lot of dead weight there...
You are so right - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Lee won't have to clean house. House is cleaning itself. - :(
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
LOL - how true! - ship-jumper
[ In Reply To ..]
Good point!
Again, how about communicating via company e-mail rather than FB? - non-FBer
[ In Reply To ..]
Still no e-mail on my end.
Re: Payday is tomorrow. - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't yell.
KS Pay DAy is NOT tomorrow - jinx12
[ In Reply To ..]
The owner sent out an email saying we won't get paid until Friday, so the new payday went into effect this week, no warning and many will have overdrawn accounts tomorrow.
One should always have reserve funds in the bank... - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
For emergency purposes :)
reserve funds - kser
[ In Reply To ..]
Good idea... want to make me a loan? My kids, school loans, taxes, insurance, doctor bills, etc. wont let me keep any.
one's company - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
should always pay when they promise and by what's stated in the employee handbook. One should also check what names are currently being used in a threat and not use one that someone is and has used for years...
That's not what my email said - NYMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not happy at all about the changes, but the latest emails I have say we will be paid tomorrow.
PAYDAY IS TOMORROW person - KSer
[ In Reply To ..]
Funny, the last email I got said Friday the second and was sent out too late for anyone to try to put money in the bank to cover what is coming out tomorrow. Just about everyone I know has bills that are due on the 1st of the month and can't just randomly choose a different due date at will. Do people ask you when you want to pay your bills, or tell you what date they are due?
I was thinking the same thing - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing like waiting until the 11th hour (didn't someone else here mention that, lol?) so that nothing can be done. However, I did get my paystub this morning and it said payday was the 1st. I'll guess I will know for sure in the morning. It's just another late paycheck from KS. So, the next one is due on the 17th, does that mean I should expect it by the 20th, or is the 20th a weekend...I need to get out my supercomputer and figure it all out.

Good night all!
dear thinking same thing . . . - had I known . .
[ In Reply To ..]
I was clairvoyant and yet another 11th hour email was coming, then right now I would holding the winning lottery ticket, so . . . either I am not clairvoyant (which I am not), or I have been down the yellow brick road known as KS (which I have) . . .
Payday is not tomorrow, but Friday. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
DID YOU GET YOUR CHECK TODAY? - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
HAHA - I wish - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Nope, I didn't get mine today! But, I knew I wouldn't - sigh.
CEO post to FB page... - typeaway
[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't the whole idea be proofing the memo....as a transcriptionist we are required to proof our work...excuses are excuses, Keystrokes. Admitting you have a problem is the first step!!!!
WHEN did you get your check? - Hmmm. Truth be told!
[ In Reply To ..]
You will learn. If we cannot speak our minds and should get a life, WHY ARE YOU HERE?
So are you saying the work is being assigned - or are you always snippy
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
KS pay cut - KSer
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with some of everything that is being said, but insinuating some people dont have work because they aren't good workers is wrong. My account has had low work since around July 4 and just this week has picked up, and everyone on the account has been short on work, the ones who always work hard and make a lot of lines just as much so as the ones who piddle and never make line count. I've been at KS for a few years now, and I love my job and my account, but the loss of "real" insurance with major medical coverage, being paid late, having pay dates changed, the undertone of nastiness in the emails on our account since we have a new coordinator, and constant threats to write up MTs (on our account it is now 1 error on the facility error log gets you a verbal warning--1 ERROR!, doesnt matter what kind of error, a typo counts the same as a wrong patient name or dictator), I've had enough, too. I'll find something with insurance and where they don't make it impossible to earn PTO time (it's based on production and we've had no work, so therefore through no fault of our own, no PTO earned). KS was a great place to work, but it seems to be in a downhill spiral as far as employee morale, and this kind of drama (changing our pay dates) just makes it worse. Having them place the blame on the people who work to make them the money that bought them their nice fancy house, really REALLY irks me.
And what a house it is - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
How would you know and why would you care? sm - Curious
[ In Reply To ..]
By the way, I live near the office and have seen the owner's house. It's not that special. Nice and but nothing over the top or a mansion, just a nice house in the suburbs.
Couldn't have said it better myself - Fed up
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Keystrokes for almost 3 years and it has always been a great place to work, but over the past 6 months to a year, I have noticed things are trending downhill. They don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling about them anymore. There are threatening emails going out all the time and everyone's stress level seems to be really high. For the first time in almost 3 years, I'm starting to look at other companies.
Questionnaire was a ruse - changes not for the better
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

STOP THE HATE! - radMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Geez peeps - we DO have jobs, ya know. It's not all gloom and doom. Y'all are depressing!

If you think its depressing - ship-jumper

[ In Reply To ..]
it's because it is. Employers taking advantage of employees is depressing. If you find it very depressing, then you should probably not spend too much time here. This place can suck away your sanity, lol!

It's just that I came from the Q. - radMT

[ In Reply To ..]
And they "dropped bombs" on us on a daily basis for years and continue to do so. Of behalf of many of us MQ survivors, this seems like much ado about nothing. Sure beats the Q :)
I came from MQ 4 years ago - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
And yes, they dropped some bombs while I was there. However, KS is starting to follow suit. Late pays, pay cuts, poor communications, crazy expectations, etc. It may seem like nothing to you yet, but have you had your pay cut yet? Have you had a few late checks yet? Just wait...
4 years ago were the "Good old days." - radMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at MQ from 1997 until last month, and the years 2007-2011 were the worst of them all, so you missed out on all the horror wreaked on us during those years, thankfully for you. You were there during relatively "good times" - there are many, many like me who endured the past 4-5 years at the Q and its a wonder we have any degree of sanity left. I used to long for the good old days of 2006 and before, lol. I truly believe we have PTSD and I doubt it has come to that with anyone at Keystrokes as of yet.
Don't be quick to judge - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
You haven't been at KS long enough to make judgements on those of us who have. I left MQ in 2007 for a reason, because things were going downhill fast, there was no way I was staying. You are new to KS, you have no idea what goes on here. Enjoy the honeymoon! Again, I will be smart enough to get out before it starts going downhill any faster. Late pays are absolutely inexcusable and moving paydates, yes, its only 2 days, but many people (not me thankfully) have to pay rent on the 1st, and now they have to wait at least 2 days (maybe 3 if payday is a Sunday) past the due date.
At least... - radMT
[ In Reply To ..]
you haven't had to read an article interviewing your CEO as he is pictured gleefully sitting at his desk discussing in rapturous tones how the wonder of VR makes the MTs sooo much more productive and how excited he is to be sending more and more work to India. Pretty hard to stomach, I must say.
Then you haven't read KS CEO's articles. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
The past is repeating itself again at KS - KSmt2
[ In Reply To ..]
It all started with late pay checks, then a bounced check, electronic transfers being reversed, 401K money not making it into the accounts, and yes it was everyone else's fault. Concerned? Yes I am. I am not going through this again - I am right behind you.
when you compare bad to bad they are still both bad.. - Just sayin..
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because Q is a bad company does not make it any better to be working for another bad company. Let's just think about this. In reading the boards and through personal experience the complaints are - Poor communication, promises not kept, unorganization on every level, loss of medical insurance, loss of PTO even when there is no work, 2 recent pay cuts, several recent late paychecks, threats of writeups for just 1 error, threatening or rude emails from new coordinator.

Now we are told payroll is rolled ahead because of people not turning their line counts?? We might be written up for 1 error but if we don't turn our line counts in the entire company payroll will be affected. Come on - this is a joke, right? What good thing can anyone think of to say about KS except for the cheerleaders saying something like 'I am glad to have a job' or 'they treated me good when I was sick' Anyone who gets great lines is a "pet" on a good account because there are others on accounts where the lines are not there or the work is not there, so no need to gloat over being a protected employee. Count your blessings. It is not a right, it is a privilege you have been given that is not shared.

Maybe there are not any more good companies out there. However to compare a bad company to a bad company is pointless - they are both bad.
You are absolutely right and we have to sit and wait - for work without compensation
[ In Reply To ..]
If we are required to sit and wait for work then we should be paid at least minimum wage. I sat one day and got 9 reports in 6 hours and made a whole $5.
Re: When you compare - bad to bad...
[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly right. Very good points. Worked for both Q and KS--very happy to be gone from both. To be fair, never once received a late paycheck from the Q or threats of being written up for one error. IMHO, when it comes to rudeness of team leads and QA, KS wins hands-down.
dear RE: - i agree with you . . .
[ In Reply To ..]
Like you, have worked for both the Q and KS and agree with every word you wrote . . . . in a word - bullseye. Hear Hear!!! Well said!!
pay cuts - my 2 cents
[ In Reply To ..]
I can relate although I don't work for the same company as you guys(gals) do. I've had 3 pay cuts in the last 8 months and at times my pay was 2 months behind. This company was sold out and now I get my checks on time, but half of my docs stayed with the other company and I was promised more work with this other company, which I have yet to receive..oh other than fill in for other peoples vacations, which is a pain in the butt as you have to learn their account for a few days and never see it again. Am thinking about going to a call center to work, which right now pays more than I'm getting with MT'ing...sad after 20+ years in the business. Oh and I have looked at lots of other companies..they either don't respond or I would be in the same boat I am now. Good luck to all of us!

Well, I shan't allow any of U to... - radMT

[ In Reply To ..]
rain on my parade. Barbra Streisand wouldn't allow it and neither shall I. I'm just happy to be away from the evil Q :)

You're not alone, RadMT. There are hundreds of us who don't post here often. sm - Very Happy KS Rad MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll see a pattern. Every time KS is mentioned, there are bashers and cheerleaders. The rest of us just wait for us to pass. KS is a great company to work for. No, I'm not a suit. You couldn't pay me enough to run a company in an industry dominated by females. My boyfriend (still feel silly calling him that as we are both in our 50's) gets a kick out of all the drama I read to him from here. He asked me if there is any other career that has a board like this. He's an accountant and never heard of such a place!
It's the same bashers that post over and over again - bitter ones
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't post much myself. I just get sick of their lies. As soon as something tiny happens, the first place they run is to this board and start the bashing. It makes me sick. I should just stay away from here. Less stress for me!
I know, I hate that! - KS4EVER
[ In Reply To ..]
I know, I really hate when people post about petty things, like pay cuts and late paychecks, and poor management. What a bitter bunch! LOL
You'd be crazy to not worry in this economy - Who is cheering right now? - Well-compensated management/family and friends?
[ In Reply To ..]
dd
LOL Exactly - KSer
[ In Reply To ..]
Late pay without notice, pay cuts, threatening emails, write ups for minor errors..what ARE these people whining about? For those who think moving payday 2 days later with no notice is no big deal, your account won't be overdrawn tomorrow. Some of us went through hurricaine Irene and no electric for 3 days and were counting on paychecks tomorrow to replace the groceries that all ruined. SOme went and wrote checks last night because our checks should have gotten to the bank before the check we wrote. Do we just tell our kids sorry, we can't eat until Friday? We have a right to be paid when expected not late with no notice. A couple of months' notice would have been one thing, giving us a chance to get things set up and maybe pay some things so that they wouldn't be late, talk to some of the places and see if they would be nice enough to adjust our due dates by a couple of days, but we can't do that now. Some will lose big chunks of the pay they worked hard for to bank fees when they are overdrawn and be short for other bills and groceries and gas until the next time we get paid. By the time the CEO sent out an email sayng its someone else's (Colleen's) fault but you are going be paid late, sorry for the inconvenience, our credit untion was already closed. I like my work at KS. I never dread starting my day, but I think that management and the way they keep doing this stuff is beyond uncaring.
LOL - Another KSer
[ In Reply To ..]
Has KS offered to pay overdraft fees? If they are (and I doubt it), look for another pay cut to cover that cost as well.

KS the Houdini of the MTSO's. Famous for the disappearing paycheck.
LOL, I love you funny MTs - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I need a laugh after reading the latest love letter from our fearless leader! At least there are a few of us that can keep your sense of humor when we are losing everything else!
KS the Houdini of MTSO's, famous for the disappearing paycheck - Another KSer.
[ In Reply To ..]
Should be on America's Got Talent.

Pretty soon to be the invisible paycheck, now you see it, now you don't.

Payday change - just a thought

[ In Reply To ..]
The dates could have been changed to accommodate the receipt of payments from their clients to pay the transcriptionists. Having worked on both sides, the company does not technically have to pay the IC until they are paid by their client. Of course, most will be irregardless as how many workers would continue such having to wait on pay.

Just a Thought

But, we are not IC, we are employees - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
and we have an "implied contract" in an employee handbook that lists paydates. So, in the past several months, Keystrokes has breached this contract 3 times by not paying on time. Yes, they have the right to change the paydate, but not the day before payroll.

Businesses need to be very careful about what they put in the handbook, it can come back to bite them!

The same handbooks have pay rates as well - that is another joke

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how many handbooks you have but I have them all, they are all laughable because the moment they are mailed, they are obsolete with changes.

KS doesn't hire for IC status....nm - FYI

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes Pay Change
Jul 30, 2010

Just wondering how many Keystrokes MT's have resigned or are planning to? I will be putting in my resignation before August 16th. Already have a new job offer. After 25 years experience, just can't live with the pay cut. Used to be a good company...good luck to all of you who stay. ...

Keystrokes Change In Payroll Policy
Feb 11, 2011

I simply do not understand why Keystrokes employees  were not informed of changes in  issuing pay.    Pay was usually the last day of the week if the 1st or 15th was on a weekend.   I am sure there was a very good reason for the change.  However, I think it was inexcusable not to inform people.  The checks that would have been issued on December 31, 2010, were issued on January 3, 2010.   January 15, 2011, changed to Janu ...

Did Keystrokes Change Hands In The Last Couple Of Years?
Mar 20, 2013

Did Keystrokes change hands in the last couple of years? Or are they run by the same people? ...

Payday At
Mar 21, 2011

Any softscript, oh anyone at softscript, pay posted the 15th ROFLOL, 4 business days after the 15th, or 5 business days after the 15th at Softscript this pay period.  Anyone know when pay was posted...  ...

Payday----NOT!!
Nov 16, 2012

I had to change my direct deposit info due to opening a new account at another bank.  Although I've been getting direct deposits all along, because this is a new account, my first check for this account has to be a paper check.  Today is payday.  My mail was just delivered.  I have no paycheck.  I am truly pissed off. ...

PAYDAY/XANAX DAY
Jun 11, 2010

Well, another day fighting back tears.  Thought this paycheck would be a little better.  WRONG.  I have tried to be less anal about my reports, then I see all the posts about bad audits and get paranoid and go back to being anal.  That used to be a good thing in this profession.  Now I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. If I take enough time to correct everything ASR screws up, my pay falls.  If I let the noncritical things go, have to worry about aud ...

PAYDAY...HOORAY...
Jul 15, 2010

or not. soon I will be paying them to work. another paycheck less than the last ...

Payday Is Now Every Other Friday
Nov 23, 2010

x ...

What Day Is Our 1st Payday? Not Listed In
Jan 10, 2011

. ...

Payday Cryday
Apr 22, 2011

Think MQ should offer fully paid mental health benefits, with what our job has come to.  Just got a raise.  Woohoo!  Not enough to by an extra can of beans.  Good luck to all the people answering adds to Become A Medical Transcritionist, make up to $40K!!  Feel bad for them.  ...

Payday, More Tears
Sep 21, 2011

So, decided to rip the band-aid off early and check on my paycheck in Ultipro. After deducting my pto pay and using actual hours, production pay, Now at just over $8/hr.  There was a day I made average $15/hr, and I was one of the slow, meticulous ones.  Really not sure why I put myself through this pain but it renews my resolve every 2 weeks to get out of here.  This working 3 jobs is slowly killing me, and so tired of working until 10 o'clock at night.  And like so m ...

Isn't This Payday For Proscript?
Oct 11, 2011

I just started, but the date I got was today for payday, yet it is not in my bank.  They told me I do not have to wait for direct deposit, that it is right off the bat (rather than waiting the usual two checks or so with any other place).  Just wondering if I should make a stink if it really is payday since nothing was deposited.  I wonder if it is because yesterday was a holiday. ...

Transcend Payday
Dec 07, 2011

I just noticed that we get paid on 12/24/11 which is a Saturday.  I'm new with Transcend, so does mean I have to wait until the Monday after Christmas before for it to be direct deposited or will they actually send it through on the Friday before?  ...

Is Today Payday?
Apr 06, 2012

no deposit got last check late,,,not even sure if it is payday at this point... ...

Is Today Payday
Apr 21, 2012

no check in the mail either,,,usually they are pretty good about getting them here on time. ...

It's Payday Yipee
Jun 13, 2014

I made minimum wage for the past 2 weeks.  Tell me again why I work for this company?  I can now look for a job doing any stupid thing, anywhere, and not have to take a pay cut.  Isn't that terrific? Is this a bad dream???  No, this is actually my life, having done this work for 25 years.  Maybe just a little better training, and I might catch on and start making the real $$$ :-( ...

Payday Today ???
Mar 13, 2015

Did anyone get their paychecks deposited to their accounts today?  Mine is not in the bank !  Desperately need money ! WHERE IS OUR PAYCHECKS ????? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Find The Payday Schedule
Jun 25, 2010

on MqCentral? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to locate it. I thought today was payday and wala..no pay. So, is it not until Monday? Seems strange. ...

Was Looking Forward To Payday Tomorrow Until
Jul 14, 2010

I got an email from HR today that my husband was 'accidentally' added back on my insurance.  Note that he has not been on my insurance for almost a year.  How this happened I have no idea. That means my paycheck tomorrow will have about $400 deducted from it just for that error.  The email basically said "Ooops, sorry about our mistake you will be reimbursed with *next* paycheck." That means a 2-week wait for their mistake.  I am not desperate for the money (thank ...

Payday--bring On The Tears
Feb 11, 2011

I really had hopes this payday after really pouring it on every shift, adding to expansions every shift, using all the "handy hints" they gave us.  Still not cutting it.  Please God answer my prayers and get me out of this stress factory.  And God, if it's not time to get out of here, please, oh please get MQ to do the right thing and "fix" ASR.  Don't make us keep changing dangerous abbreviations.  Don't make us keep fixing "headings" that were not dic ...

Payday Is Supposed To Be A Happy Day :(
Mar 25, 2011

I AM WORTH AT LEAST DOUBLE IF NOT TRIPLE WHAT I MAKE HERE!!!!  QA SCORES HIGH, QA SUBMISSION LOW!!!  WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE APPRECIATED FOR WHAT WE DO FOR THIS COMPANY??????  I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!    ...

Yowza... I Think I Missed Payday?
Aug 27, 2011

My MQ check is a whoppin' 333 bucks this PP...   ramen and beans again.  Between NJA, ESL and pay cuts I think I'll call it quits here.  I can do better at a minimum wage job and have less stress.  Giving notice TOMORROW.  Gotta say this tho, the best part about MQ is this board!  LOL!  I've had some good laughs and heard a lot of solid, truthful news and facts about our industry and other's plights working here for peanuts (half peanut ...

Payday 24th? Since Xmas Is The 25th?
Dec 22, 2009

?? ...

Another Payday Tomorrow. I Feel A Bout Of
Aug 11, 2011

I wonder just how small it's going to be, this time?   ...

I Lost My Pay Period/payday Sheet
Jul 30, 2012

no message ...

Today Is Payday, And I Just Applied For Govt Assistance
Oct 20, 2011

MAJOR VENT.  My paycheck from MQ was deposited into my account today and it just sent me into a panic.  Pay days are NOT supposed to feel like this - they are not supposed to cause you to put your head down on your desk and cry.  They are not supposed to be like this.  For the first time EVER I won't be able to pay my rent.  I'm a single mom, I've worked full-time with MQ for 14 years, I'm an MME (supposedly at the top of my career game) and I can� ...

Whoo Hooo -- Payday. Ramen Noodles Here I Come!! Hey Are They Indian, Too?
Mar 25, 2010

nm ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

Sex Change
Nov 22, 2009

I love typing up extremely large reports on a patient with a name that can be either sex (with no info in ADT about the sex either) and then at the very end of a report, the dictator saying:  Ya know, this is a male/female rather than a female/male, please change things around in the report.  Love it! ...

Why Would MME Change
Feb 10, 2010

mom to mother on a VERBATIM account at every instance of dictator clearly saying mom? Is there something I am missing? I wish they would leave some kind of note stating why this was changed. Client profile clearly states "this is a verbatim accouint" and "type as dictated."  QTL does not answer email.  I usually ignore these things, but sometimes it is hard not to get frustrated when you leave 1 blank and get back several corrections for this kind of stuff.  Thanx for th ...