A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Companies that don't nag you when you use mouse on V.R. reports - sm

Posted: Mar 28, 2014

I'm looking for a company that leaves you alone if you choose to use the mouse and foot pedal instead of keystrokes.  My experience with eScription was horrible, in that I was constantly getting little messages saying "This is how often you used the mouse," demanding that I use the keystrokes.  Is every V.R. platform like this?

That's only 1 reason I left MM - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I got so tired of their little charts showing my inactive time and how many mouse clicks I had, like up the minute throughout my shift. Why do they care as long as I do more than minimum? They seemed to think they were trying to help me improve my production, but quite the opposite, they were lowering my morale. Is that what they learn in management school?

That's my beef! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's MY paycheck, and if I'm okay with it being a little bit less than someone who uses keystrokes, then what's it to them? As long as I'm meeting quota, I don't see the need for them to hassle me about using the mouse.

PURPOSE - Diane King

[ In Reply To ..]
The whole system is geared to lowering morale! From the first failed audit, to termination. Lower morale increases errors and increases their 'cause' to fire you!

Using the mouse versus keyboard - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have slight cerebral palsy affecting my entire right side and don't have the "stretch" to be able to use the arrow keys on my keyboard; hence, my use of the mouse. About two years ago, I was working for Nuance and they kept harping me about the fact that I was using the mouse and not meeting THEIR minimum production requirements. I explained my situation to them, and was terminated because I couldn't make the 250 LPH or whatever it is they require. Now I'm with a company that is just straight typing, which for me, is much easier.

pathetic companies - oldsterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
So very glad you're in a better place. At the time, you should have gone after Nuance under the disabilities act.

As long as the work gets done and quality is up to standards, there should be no reason whatsoever to give people grief over how the job is accomplished. Mouse versus keystrokes -- just insane.

Best wishes to you! Glad you are now working for a company with straight typing.

Management Morons (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
I took a lot of management classes given through our hospital. They stressed the importance of employee morale, confidence building and appreciation for doing a good job. The training was just the opposite of how MTSOs micromanage. It is getting them nowhere. Had they recognized that we are worth more than what we were paid in the 1970's and bid jobs accordingly, they wouldn't be spiraling down the drain and having to sell out like they are today.

Do VR, never used the hot keys, kept doing - like always, use the mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I will not say the company I work for but never have they insisted I use anything other than what I do. I am old school, used the keyboard too long to change. With half decent dictators, I average from $18.75 an hour to well over $20.00. My line count per day is well in the 3500 to over 4000 lpd and well above what my company requires.

I've never had a co. dictate how to do the job (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
as long as I'm meeting their lph requirements. I think it is preposterous for them to do so and it is none of their damn business if we are ICs.

You must have mastered the use of short forms on an account long enough to make full use of them as well as macros and templates to produce what you do. Good job!!
Learned short forms, templates, macros - nope none of the above
[ In Reply To ..]
I on straight typing always typed over 2000 per day and when going on VR figured out how many lines a day would I need to do to make the amount of money I wanted and just scan as fast as my eyes will go, simple, hardly ever template, macros- don't know what that is, sorry, old school here.
Me either, I use a mouse as well because - GinaW
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been using it since I learned how to operate a computer...whats the difference...the other way to surely slow me down.
I don't know why they're so fixated on MTs not - using the mouse, especially since - (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
most of us do mostly VR, now. While doing VR (and concurrently ruining my former typing speed for future timed typing tests on interviews), I found most of the corrections I did were of the one-finger variety. It became rare that I even typed a whole word, let alone a whole sentence. Still, my supervisor kept yammering at me about not using the mouse. Beyond ridiculous. My new MT keyboard position is one hand glued to the mouse, and one to the keyboard. It worked for me, and ultimately it didn't matter whether we used the keyboard, or even typed with our toes, because the work all went to point and click EMR, and we were all fired.

MISmanagement - Diane King

[ In Reply To ..]
It is obvious MT morale is not important. In fact, they cash in on the lack of it... more mistakes, more people quit, which I believe is the goal, especially the older, more experienced MORE EXPENSIVE MTs.

It's interesting that they all seem to have the same MO (sm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Its the same way an abusive controlling spouse isolates their victim and destroys their confidence so they won't feel they can leave. The MTSOs repeat the same phrases like they all went to the same school of micro-mismanagement, such as:
"You are the ONLY one who has a problem understanding this dictator". "Everyone else can produce twice as much editing as they do transcribing". "No one else minds doing all the free labor we require".
Then the marketing...
"Competitive line rates". Competitive with what, the 1940's???
"Business is growing at exceptional pace". Yeah, well when you merge with Nuance your employees quadruple in one day.
"Affordable health Insurance". If you meet our quotas which you won't because we run out of work all the time.
They must have seminars on how to use and - abuse employees. (sm)
[ In Reply To ..]
Before I discovered this board, I thought I really WAS "the only one" who couldn't reach their "minimums" in line count and 99.whatever percent accuracy. I was always "the only one". Then I started reading all the boards on MTStars, and surprise! They ALL do that.

And even out of MT, it's sickening how similar and pointless a lot of the management tactics are. It almost makes me want to take some management courses, just to find out what IS all that garbage they're teaching these people?

Similar Messages:

Those Getting "mouse Reports" Should Reply With Email That
Feb 16, 2011

x ...

Hey Where's My Mouse Pad?
May 21, 2010

Anbody get there's yet?   Guess MT week is over, and still no present.  Oh well.  The Q really knows how to make you feel special.  .  ...

Trying To Use The Mouse Less
Feb 17, 2011

Got an e-mail suggesting I use my mouse less.  Does anyone know how to use keystrokes for spelling suggestions instead of the right click mouse?  I've become so paranoid that my production has plummeted over the last week...  ~ scaredy-mouse  ...

Are We Not Even Going To Get A Mug Or Mouse
May 20, 2014

pad for MT week?  I got a card from my supervisor ~ generic card ~ and she didn't even sign her name to it.   I at least want a coffee mug!!!! ...

Mouse Clicks?
Feb 17, 2011

Hi.  I've been reading postings about your mouse clicks being monitored.  What is that about?  Why would they do that?  What does that signify? ...

Wireless Mouse
Dec 01, 2011

I am just wondering if any of you are using a wireless mouse and how they are working for you?  I currently use a wired mouse and have for centuries.  Since I use mine more than most people, it seems, they do not last.  I am having difficulty finding wired mouse any longer due to being outdated.  I am hesitant in getting a wireless because wireless tends to slow me down with a second of lag.  Those seconds add up and I am just wondering how beneficial they are.  Any ...

New Computer, New Mouse, Tried Several USB
Nov 15, 2012

ports and the mouse will not scroll at all. What could be the cause. Using Vista. Never had this issue before. Thanks to all. ...

The Dreaded Mouse
Mar 15, 2014

Am I doing something wrong?  I notice with the 7.4 Fluency that there is no other choice but to use your mouse to travel up and down between patient visits.  The arrow key doesn't work, the tab key doesn't work.  Are they now pro mouse? ...

Mouse Wi A Mind Of Its Own
Mar 27, 2014

My mouse seems to have a mind of its own.  Keep skipping all over on me.  Is this a virus or the mouse?? ...

Mouse Clicks
Nov 12, 2014

My number of mouse clicks is over 500/hr.  I'm not doing anything unusual or different than I do every other day. System is wack. ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Wireless Keyboard And Mouse?
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone else feel more comfortable with a wireless set up? What keyboard and mouse do you have? ...

Somebody Cares About My Mouse Clicks!
Feb 11, 2011

I just got my second DEP ASR Productivity Results.  If the person that has time to count mouse clicks, time spent away from keyboard, etc is reading this, then answer this, why don't you take into account time spent reading multiple client profiles, time spent reading sample reports to get information, etc?  Do you not expect us to leave our chairs occasionally?  I personally am more suited to using my mouse.  A lot of the shortcuts just didn't work as well for me.& ...

Got The Report On Mouse Clicks.
Feb 15, 2011

I guess I am truly stupid.  The numbers mean nothing to me.  On my report they are gauged against nothing -- just with a goal to "improve."  My lines were 197 per hour (which is incorrect and too high) and I guess my "corrected" number if I was worth my salt and editing properly is 297.  Most confusing document they have sent me thus far.  I would be angrier probably IF I COULD UNDERSTAND IT.  ...

Key Strokes Vs Mouse Clicks
Apr 12, 2011

I got an email giving all the figures of how many keystrokes I had during a certain period of time (can't remember when for sure) and inactive time in an ASR job, etc.  Do many of you only use the keyboard and not the mouse?  I've tried to learn all the keyboard functions and for me it's a lot easier to use the mouse and I don't think that has slowed me down any.  They're not telling me not to use the mouse but instead showing how many more keystrokes ...

Do You Find It Faster To Use The Mouse
Dec 04, 2011

I know the "push" is to use the shortcuts but it takes me twice as long to remove my hands from the keyboard to reach the arrow keys and alt+shift or ctrl+shift than to just click where I want to go with the mouse. I was just wondering if it's worth it to retrain myself to use those particular shortcuts. I tried creating my own but they will not work in our system.  The other ones we have are fine but the cursor ones stink. ...

Mouse Or Keyboard Functions
Mar 21, 2013

On Enterprise Voice Recognition, are you a "mouser" or keyboarder?  I have tried and tried to use the keyboard, but just can't get it down.  I have been using a mouse so long, it is a hard habit to break. Anyone have any ideas?  Need to bring my speed up on Voice. ...

Does Anyone Use The Mouse More Than Keyboard Commands
Nov 24, 2014

I know we are pressured to use only the keyboard--I guess bc it may be faster...not sure about that...but I just can't get used to that.  I'm faster using the mouse, especially when navigating around a speech wreck report.  Anyone else like this?  Do they really care how we get it done?  Has anyone ever gotten dinged by using the mouse too much instead of keyboard commands?  I am sure they can tell exactly what we do on the keyboard.  ...

Question About Mouse Clicks When Needing To
Feb 20, 2011

I understand that mouse clicks are monitored because MQ encourages the use of hot keys, but what about needing to use the mouse to reference Google or MT bookmarked sites?  Is that not allowed?  Does a person need a second computer for that? ...

Mouse Does Not Work In Extext- Any Fixes
Aug 12, 2012

Cannot get my mouse to work with Extext.  I am using Word 2003 and Windows XP ...

Strange Happenings With Keyboard/mouse?
Dec 06, 2013

I know as long as I have done this type of work not me but unusual and wondering if any others noticed such. I can be working on VR and try to go and make a correction, be on the line where I want to enter something and yet when I do the correction will wind up 2 or 3 lines above. This drives me nuts! I don't know if mouse, keyboard but have used both for sometime now. Any suggestions? ...

FOR THOSE WHO COUNT OUR MOUSE CLICKS, IDLE TIME, ETC
Apr 15, 2011

Due to the slowness from Kapersky, pausing to pray (some hospitals do this), physicians talking with others in the background, physicians asking me to wait a minute (like I have a choice) and many other interruptions my idle time may be increased.  All of these things have happened to me within the last week.  Please do something about Kapersky.  This should have no bearing on our ability to work--we can't be productive with this going on.  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Laptop-foot Pedal And Keyboard/mouse Issues
May 01, 2015

Hello, I have an HP Pavilion laptop. I'm having issues with my foot pedal and keyboard/mouse. I connect my foot pedal directly to USB port on laptop. I connect keyboard/mouse and headphones to USB HUB port. I continually lose foot pedal control. When I disconnect the keyboard/mouse, the pedal works again. Could this be a memory or hard drive issue (not enough). Do I need to externally add something to this laptop (just bought the laptop 3 months ago). Any advice or assistance would be ap ...

Faster! Faster! No Mouse Clicks Allowed!
Mar 17, 2013

Right when you think MM (Merciless Master) couldn't possibly come up with a new way to add stress to your job, they make you install a software that counts your mouse clicks! My friends who still work in hospitals wouldn't believe this! Okay, I've seen everything in this business now. ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

ER Reports
Nov 21, 2009

Should ER reports be a priority? I work in-house and this week our transcription department was ordered to type all ER reports as priority, before any inpatient or radiology work. The order came from the ER committee to our department head and down to the transcriptionists. Any thoughts on this? ...

Looking Up Old Reports
Mar 07, 2010

does anyone know if this dqm lookup reports is working adequately.  It seems like a whole lot of trouble to find any. I know this was discussed down below about where the heck is dq main menu and search.  I tried looking up by dictator and its a waste of time as there are not any old reports there.  Thank you to any help out there.  ...

Anyone Know If You Can Look Thru The Old Reports When
Mar 09, 2010

you are not clocked in and working in Docuscribe?  ...