A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Apparently Sten-Tel is offering 2 cpl for editing and 5 cpl for transcription - This is ridiculous, nm

Posted: Mar 22, 2013

Pathetic.sm - stressedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope if anybody on this board is ever offered that ridiculous pay that they actually LAUGH out loud when told what the pay is and then promptly hang up the phone!

this is for an IC position and they want set hours from the IC - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

It shows in their quality - it was bad

[ In Reply To ..]
when they did overflow for my current employer. bad enough so they were not used for very long. You really do get what you pay for.

I agree, with as bad a VR is anyway, one wouldn't have time to - make corrections to make any money

[ In Reply To ..]

StenTel offer - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
That's right. I got an email from them today quoting all their "requirement" and then the insulting line rate they are paying. I wrote back and told her that isn't enough to induce me to push the power button.

power button - wam

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to chuckle at "induce me to push the power button"...lol.

This past Wednesday I was offered a position with Sten-Tel for non-medical transcription, and they're offering 6.5 to start and 7 cpl after QA clearance. Not earth-shattering, but as I've been looking for well over a year, I'll take it. Seems like there are a lot of requirements, and a lot of paperwork, and then a 2-hour training/set-up session of some sort which requires you to be on the phone and comp at the same time. Really, 2 hours?! We shall see how it goes...

what are they smoking? nm - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]

Whoa. It would be impossible to get anywhere near minimum wage. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

US Transcription Offering 5 Cpl With Benefits
Oct 28, 2009

Would you go for it?  5 cpl with benefits?  Not medical transcription but other work. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...

MT Universities Are Offering Medical Transcription
Aug 31, 2010

http://readme.readmedia.com/Campbellsville-University-to-Begin-New-Allied-Health-Programs-at-Hodgenville/1705087 Training in medical transcription, clinical medical assistant and phlebotomy are essential in meeting this critical need. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sites all of these as 'Occupations with the Largest Employment Growth, 2008-18.' "A medical transcriptionist converts confidential patient information to a written text document. Topics covered in this course will co ...

Sten-Tel - Legal Transcription ?
Apr 18, 2011

Does anyone work for Sten Tel doing legal transcription? I am starting with them this week and was just wondering if it was a good place to work for?  I am an IC and they said I could work as much as I want.  Is there always work? Do they give raises of any kind?  I am doing my training session with them on Thursday and am just a little nervous. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!  ...

Sten-Tel Pays 2-3 Cents For VR And 5-6 For Transcription?
Aug 09, 2012

What a joke!  Sten-Tel pays 2-3 cents for VR and 5-6 for transcription?  I have been doing this for 25 years and that is simply ridiculous! ...

Transcription Editing
Apr 19, 2012

I have been a  remote IC for over 10 yrs and am looking for information about doing editing.  I would like to hear from someone who has been doing editing in regard to how much work there is out there and how much money is to be made and does it compare to straight typing. ...

VR Editing Or Traditional Transcription???
Mar 08, 2011

I've been offered a job that is primarily VR editing and also a job with traditional transcription.  Where am I going to make more money.  I usually produced approximately 2000 lines a day with traditional transcription but have never done VR editing.  HELP!!! ...

Transcription/editing For The Kardashians
Dec 14, 2011

Perhaps we could 'correct' them each time one of the Kardashidiots says "he and I" when she should say, "him and me," etc., which, if we charged them, let's say, $10,000 per mistake per episode, we could easily make upwards of a million per week, ourselves...what say you?  ...

What's More Lucrative - VR Editing Or Transcription?
Mar 22, 2012

I have transcribed for 22 years.  This week I started to learn VR editing.  I am making less than minimum wage.  Will my pace pick up to match my transcription pay equivalent to $3,000 a month or should I stick with transcription?  ...

If Not Transcription/editing Then What Other Careers?
Jun 24, 2012

Hi all  It seems alot of people on here are discouraging people from getting into the field. But, I've been wondering, what then would be some good alternative fields to get into? I can type 90wpm and am good at organizing things. I haven't worked in like 2 years (due to agorophobia)  and I need to get my life back on track. I need to go to school for something, but I'm just not sure what to get into if not medical editing. ...

Coding V. Transcription/Editing
Aug 22, 2013

Hey Everyone! I'm going to take a chance and attempt to get some objective answers to my questions. I'm interested in pursuing training to become an MT/Editor, mainly because I'm very interested in working part time from home. I'm an extremely diligent worker with a lot of attention to detail and am very self-motived, which makes me feel like I may have some of what's needed to do the job. I currently work as a law assitant, which is a great job in an extremely crappy w ...

Flat Rate Cpl For Editing And Transcription?
May 17, 2012

Ladies and gents, I am hoping to find an employer that will pay a flat line rate for both editing of SR and transcription. Does anyone know of anyone that is doing that? This business of being paid 2 different line rates makes it impossible to forecast earnings and is causing a huge headache for me. I am thinking a flat in the 7 cpl to 8 cpl would be something I would consider. I cannot believe I am saying that - 10 years ago I was working in a great hospital job making 12 cpl. My, my, how ...

What Focus Infomatics Pays For Transcription Versus Editing?
Nov 02, 2009

Does anyone know what Focus Infomatics pays for transcription versus editing? ...

Using Dragon Medical Practice, Version 2 For Transcription, Coding, Billing, Editing - Is It Worth I
Dec 29, 2014

It was recently suggested to me that I get Dragon Medical practice Edition, Version 2 for use on transcription, coding, billing and editing. As someone who works from home, I am hoping to investigate the pros and cons of investing in this program and whether its worth it ($1,399.00!!) Does anyone have any experience using this program for transcription, etc who would like to comment? Is it worth the time investment and the money investment? Is the program fairly easy to set up and use ie: l ...

I'm Apparently The Only One...
Nov 24, 2009

I've been an MT for years (about 10).  I've worked subcontracting for many companies, local docs and my local hospital.  I've worked for probably 10 internet companies on a temp basis to help with overflow (usually covering summer vacations).  I've never had just one company, always several, so if one was out of work, another could provide.  Of all the companies I have worked for... I like MedQuist the best... I know I'm alone in this apparently, but ...

Well Apparently To Be An MT...
Aug 21, 2012

All you have to know how to do is type really fast.  At least that is what I've been told by a couple of staffing companies.  (I don't agree with this by they way).  Just thought it was odd that this is how medical transcription is viewed by some these days. ...

Apparently,
Nov 18, 2013

I have tried for over 3 hours today to make my "elecions" for insurance to NO avail.  Of course, no one answers the phone to help you OR responds to e-mail request for help.  How much more difficult can this be. When I hit the "submit" button NOTHING happens.  Screen locks up. I am surrendering this fiasco for tonight.   Hopefully, I can find somebody tomorrow that will help me.  Apparenlty, I am to dense to do this.  ARGH!!!!!! I just feel like everything ...

Apparently We Are On Our Own
Mar 05, 2014

So we get the email today that the QC is overloaded with her job and to please utilize the style guide and BOS and other Mmodal goodies rather than calling or emailing her. You know Mmodal/Shaw, if we actually were allowed to contact other MTs on our same accounts we wouldn't need to contact our QC every time the client decides to make exceptions for each doctor and it never gets added to the CP or we just cannot figure out what that doc is saying. But apparently we are truly on our o ...

Apparently I Am 100% ASR Now. I Made
Dec 07, 2010

$30 less today than when it has been mixed straight and ASR typing and it has been the longest day of my life.  I have eaten more, got up more.  I cannot sit still.  If this is supposed to be "easier" on us than typing, they are full of hooey.  ...

Wow - Apparently Transcend DOES Pay Well!
May 14, 2011

http://people.forbes.com/profile/susan-mcgrogan/80763   Susan McGrogan // President and Chief Operating Officer Transcend Services, Inc. Atlanta ,  GA Sector: HEALTHCARE  /  Medical Practitioners Officer since August 2006   44 Years Old Susan McGrogan has served as our President since August 2009, as our Chief Operating Officer since February 2007 and Senior Vice President of Operations between August 2006 and February 2007. Ms. McGrogan joined us in Ja ...

Wow - Apparently MQ Pays Well, Too!
May 14, 2011

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/ceou/database.cfm?tkr=MEDQ&pg=6 CEO Pay Database Peter MasanottiPresident and Chief Executive Officer MEDQUIST INC (MEDQ)Headquarters: MOUNT LAUREL, NJBusiness Services 2009 Compensation   2009     Salary $500,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $0 Value of Option Awards $0 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $700,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensati ...

I Would Like To Have Someone Who Is Apparently More Enlightened Sm
May 26, 2015

than I am, to explain to me how, when I am told to take my lph divided by 2 and my overall lines for the day and divide by 2, how we are getting paid for all the lines we do.  I'm curious how that is explained so people see that they are actually getting paid for all the lines. For example, I am told that I need to figure C-LPH which is basically my lph divided in half.  So if I am able to edit 250 lph, for the grid that is equivalent to 125 clph.  Then my total lines are di ...

Our Wonderful ASR. Apparently, Since It Still
Jun 23, 2015

cannot figure out the word Xarelto even though it's seen it corrected tens of thousands of times by now, it has decided that word is "femoral tunnel."  Not even remotely close!  The doctors/administrators who are drooling over the thought of VR cutting us out would be in shock to see what it actually cranks out. ...

VBC Job Offering
May 12, 2015

Definitely agree wtih poster on job board about no VBC, offering 7 cpl without spaces is absurd.  I love op reports and am local to the job posted but once I saw it ws 7 cpl VBC I was definitely not interested.  That would be equal to maybe 5.25 cpl with spaces, take out taxes and you are down to about 3.5 maybe, what else can they take? ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Apparently, Transcend Is Initiating Something
May 06, 2012

M Modal cesspool, but not quite that bad.  They are prioritizing stats from all of your secondary accounts in front of your primary, making it harder obviously to produce lines.  Did anyone get the email about this?  I am wondering if this is a Nuance thing that is now being introduced?   I know why companies do this, it is to their benefit, and they care nothing about us, but it just infuriates me as another kick in the face to MTs and lack of caring about anything but ...

Apparently According To TCM We May Have To Make Schedule Changes
Feb 28, 2013

I have made 3 schedule changes in the last year and I think I am pretty much done.  It seems that they are working with capacity planning to insure work for everyone so guess what that means..mandatory schedule changes once again.  So sick of this. Quit hiring, then maybe we wouldn't need mandatory schedule changes. Just a thought! ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

Landmark Offering 3 Cpl And So Does TTS.
Dec 07, 2012

No jobs out here and what does one do as they are offering us 3 cpl but then you know they want the weekend coverage and the 2nd shift because those are the worst.  Oh, but you can get a 1/2 a penny more?  What is a half of a penny?  Maybe in another country, but surely not here where it is hard to live on minimum wage.  Then supply your own equipment.  Augh.  Plus look at their test?  I'd be a nurse then...and be more respected and can save a life.  ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...