A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmark offering 3 cpl and so does TTS. - anon

Posted: Dec 07, 2012

No jobs out here and what does one do as they are offering us 3 cpl but then you know they want the weekend coverage and the 2nd shift because those are the worst.  Oh, but you can get a 1/2 a penny more?  What is a half of a penny?  Maybe in another country, but surely not here where it is hard to live on minimum wage.  Then supply your own equipment.  Augh.  Plus look at their test?  I'd be a nurse then...and be more respected and can save a life.  Right now, I can't even save myself.

isnt landmark IC also? - That is insane

[ In Reply To ..]
It will not stop until we stop accepting these jobs.

Could not make minimum wage on 4 cpl. now 3? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There is nothing to do. Unemployment runs out. Asks if you are turning down work? Well, do they understand 3 cpl and all foreign doctors, 10 hour days and still not meeting the required 1500 lines in 8 hours. Nobody does. Even contacted my senator. He wrote back 2 months later stating all what HE is doing and how HE does not agree with ourtsourcing and that HE is--like all politicians--wanting American jobs done here. Just wants me to know how much he is doing and to vote for him again. Meanwhile...back at the 3 cpl job...oh, I am the 47%, still will be at 3 cpl also, but I have to know nursing answers, or I failed the test, but they cannot tell you what you failed. I'd rather work inhouse and see Judas face-to-face.

You're saying you can't make 1500 lines in 8 hours? - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you work for Landmark? I ask because if you are only making 3CPL at 1500 lines that's about $5.50 an hour and that's way below unemployment, at least in my state (probably all). Can they keep you on the payroll if you are making under min wage? That's terrible. I feel so bad how this career is ending up.

Then to top it off they want - years of experience...

[ In Reply To ..]
It's like these places really are trying to put the final nail in the MT coffin.

TTS has option of employee or IC..what for IC 4 cpl? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So 3 cpl and an employee status is such a good deal...OMG, I guess I should go back to school and see what other job there is after transcription for 30 years.

That is how they get you to cover weekends and 2nd shift also. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They tell you if you work weekends and evenings, then you will get a crumb more. Is this what a "ha-penny" is? It is a Christmas song isn't it???!!! From yester-year. Guess we are going back. Yes, transcriptionists are making a 'ha-penny'
Happy Holidays..3 and a 'ha-penny' or give a dog a bone. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
x

TTS - Pooh

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work at TTS and they were at least 3.4 CPL on Escription. I was offered a job at Landmark on Escription for 3.0 CPL, which of course, I turned down. Who is THAT desperate?

I love the ad from TTS.... - MT10

[ In Reply To ..]
It says something like, "Monday through Friday plus rotating weekends." Well then, that's not Monday through Friday, is it?

I love the ad from TTS - ex-TTSer

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked there, the rule was on the weekend you worked you got 2 days off during the week. The problem was, it couldn't be a Monday or a Friday, or even 2 days in one week. It had to be 1 day off before, and 1 day off after you worked your weekend. Needless to say, I didn't stay there long.

PLEASE NO ONE TAKE THESE JOBS - My2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
If we continue to give in to their low wages, we are hurting all of us in the long-run. TELL THEM NO WAY!

I agree, but unfortunately, people will continue to take those jobs nm - and wages will continue to go down

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

As the job market for this profession - becomes less and less...

[ In Reply To ..]
and for whatever reason some of us cannot change careers at this stage of the game, I gues a lot of us feel that some income is better than no income. You just cannot arbitrarily tell people not to work when they have to, no matter what the pay is like. I understand your position, but you don't seem to understand others' positions either. Many of us are stuck between a rock and a hard place, and will take just about anything to keep some income coming in, and I guess in the meantime, hoping something better will come along. Please be a little more compassionate and stop BOLDING your posts like yelling at us with something we have to do. We don't respond well to taking orders from someone who knows nothing of our situations. sorry.

Don't tell people how to post. - No Particular Message, Really

[ In Reply To ..]
NPM
don't tell people not to take jobs and - not to work..no message, really
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
No one said not to take jobs and not to work, but there are sm - Doing this a long time
[ In Reply To ..]
companies that pay more and you shouldn't settle for just "some income." When you just shrug your shoulders and say "that's the way it is" and accept the pittance that is offered to you, you definitely are contributing to the situation. I'm not a big fan of M*modal or Nuance, but from what I am told, they still pay more than 3 cpl and they are always hiring. For that matter, Target is always hiring and they offered me $11/hour for holiday work, which I think would be more than the 3 cpl would net out to be. There are always options.
Umm, post above says Do not take these jobs. - So, yeah, they did say that. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

as job market for this profession - nowwhat

[ In Reply To ..]
It's people like you who are driving the wages down, down, down in this profession. And people like me and the OP who refuse to work for 3 cpl and would just love to see the strangle hold the MTSOs have on this profession broken. Are you going to get out from your rock and a hard place when they want to pay 0.5 cpl? I'm really not into your collective "we","us" mentality . . . speak for yourself.

as the job market - passingthrough

[ In Reply To ..]
I try to look at this in a positive light. While people are out there struggling through the ESLs for 3 cpl I'll be whipping along through the half-way decent stuff because I held out for what I'm worth. The way I see it, for whatever time is left in this profession the MT is going to have to specialize. Personally I find it satisfying to take on new specialties that I'm not familiar with. I'm learning something new every day. So maybe ESLs could (and should) become a specialty but it's a crime they only want to pay 3 cpl for someone to do it. I know it's scary to face hostile employers and risk losing your job but, like they say, no pain, no gain. I was looking for a job when I found this one.
These wages... - Me
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not going to tell people to not accept these jobs, but I know I won't because I'm worth more than that. I've been doing this a long time. I have knowledge that a newbie does not have. As far as VR, it doesn't take any less knowledge of medical terminology to do that job. Speaking for myself, I will NOT accept these wages.
Low wages - OAF
[ In Reply To ..]
Just took a low wage position. If you have bills to pay and need work and it's the only offer that has an actual day schedule - you have to make the choice!! I held out - unfortunately after two months of being offered awful shifts and all weekend accounts I chose the lower wage. You gotta to do what you gotta do!
these wages - Katie
[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you. No self-respecting MT should accept this kind of pay. What insulting wages.

As the job market for this profession - becomes less and less... - Katie

[ In Reply To ..]
So, now that the pay is going down to 3 cents, and in some companies it is, how low of a wage are you willing to accept? Do you not have any self-respect? If you have kids, have you checked out childcare assistance if you decided to work outside the home or if you decided to go back to school to learn another vocation? You'd better start thinking about another career, because before long it will be 2 cents a line. I don't know how they get away with these wages they pay, but they are. Apparently the labor department doesn't care. These wages are slave wages. Stop being their slave. 3 cents now, then 2 cents, then 1 cents, what then, .05 cents per line. These MTSO's are laughing at all of you slaves.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

VBC Job Offering
May 12, 2015

Definitely agree wtih poster on job board about no VBC, offering 7 cpl without spaces is absurd.  I love op reports and am local to the job posted but once I saw it ws 7 cpl VBC I was definitely not interested.  That would be equal to maybe 5.25 cpl with spaces, take out taxes and you are down to about 3.5 maybe, what else can they take? ...

So MM Is Offering 7 And 3 To New Hires Now??
Apr 18, 2013

As per the post below, 7 and 3 pennies per line.  Seriously, when will the madness end?! They have got to stop treating us like "typists." Actually, even a typist would make more than that.  You'd be making like 7 bucks an hour!! Oh I am just hopping mad right now. This company is just appalling.  Glad I am planning my escape. ...

MMoral Is Now Offering 7 And 3???
Apr 18, 2013

their souls to the devil. And may they burn in eternal damnation in flaming hell, all of 'em ...

Job Offering On For The Record
Mar 21, 2014

See link below... ...

US Transcription Offering 5 Cpl With Benefits
Oct 28, 2009

Would you go for it?  5 cpl with benefits?  Not medical transcription but other work. ...

Transcription Doctors Offering 2.5 VR. Can You Believe That.
Jun 17, 2011

Now they got it down to 2.5 for VR.  Unbelievable. ...

Q Re Pay. Co. Offering $1.50/page For Training, Then
Apr 04, 2011

Paying by page, not by line. ...

MM Offering Coding Training
Mar 10, 2014

it says if we qualify we will have three months of training, then spend three months in their apprentice program, and then will be given positions with them as coders.  We then have to work for them for 2 years or pay back for the program.  It doesn't talk about compensation or any certification.  Do you think this is a good idea? ...

MedINK Offering To Pay $.50 Per QA File?? OMG!
Jul 07, 2014

I truly hope that this company receives ZERO response to their RIDICULOUS job offer.  For the work I've done this morning in approximately 2 hours, working for them I would have made $12.50.  That would have garnered me MUCH less than minimum wage instead of the just under $50 I thankfully made NOT working for MedINK.  UGH!  I feel better now having vented LOL! ...

Has Anyone Seen The Post By S Mounce Offering
Apr 11, 2015

$2 per patient?  WOW is all I can say!!! ...

Company Offering QA 3 Cents Per 65 VBC Line?
Aug 02, 2010

Those are slave wages to a highly experienced QA person.  What is the industry stooping to these days? ...

MT Universities Are Offering Medical Transcription
Aug 31, 2010

http://readme.readmedia.com/Campbellsville-University-to-Begin-New-Allied-Health-Programs-at-Hodgenville/1705087 Training in medical transcription, clinical medical assistant and phlebotomy are essential in meeting this critical need. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics sites all of these as 'Occupations with the Largest Employment Growth, 2008-18.' "A medical transcriptionist converts confidential patient information to a written text document. Topics covered in this course will co ...

Geez, The Q/Spheris Is Offering A $50+ Hourly Job.
Sep 01, 2010

http://www.jobserve.us/Medquist-Spheris-Consultant-Nashville-Tennessee-Contract-WF36E52A8C7D9B66A.jsjob?r=9AE7FE04CA62FDEF ...

MModal Now Offering Guaranteed Poverty
Feb 10, 2013

and bennies no one can afford.  What a great place to work.  ...

No One Wants To Be An MT. Most Colleges Have Stopped Offering Classes. You'd Think MM
May 05, 2015

would ty to keep the workers they have at least a little happier.  One would think they've already lost enough experienced MTs!  And with ASR/VR continually getting worse - just what kind of reports will there be when we're all gone. ...

MedQuist Once Again Offering $500 Sign-on Bonus (on Other Job Website). I Have NJA.
Jan 08, 2010

XX ...

Chaps. The Q Offering $1000 Sign-on Bonuses For
Dec 21, 2010

Choke.   ...

Such A Disgrace, IDS Offering 6 Cpl For Straight Typing Radiology.
Jan 31, 2013

. ...

Apparently Sten-Tel Is Offering 2 Cpl For Editing And 5 Cpl For Transcription
Mar 22, 2013

. ...

Offering A Whopping 5 Bucks An Hour If You Do Overtime
Jun 03, 2013

They are offering a whopping 5 bucks an hour if you do overtime. Just another slap in the face. ...

Probity Offering Subsidy Since Sold To Nuance.
Jan 05, 2014

Is that typical for when a company is sold? I had not heard of it before. When does Probity plan to go to speech recognition? I see they have an ad on another site. Do new employees applying at Probity get the subsidy as well?  I wonder if it is worthwhile to apply and work for them for the life of the subsidy (6 months) and then quit. Anyone from Probity have any insight on this?  ...

Sick Of Docs Wanting The World, But Offering Nothing In Return
Aug 23, 2010

When did it start being okay for companies to accept and accomodate docs who put out garbage and then require the world of us MT's?  I have worked in the medical setting in various capacities, so I know how docs are and I am used to it.  However, when it comes to something as serious as transcribing thier reports and getting it right you would think they would do there best to at least try to speak soem what clearly.....the wost part is that these are not even ESL's that I sp ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

For Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

Q1: What is COBRA continuation health coverage? Congress passed the landmark Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) health benefit provisions in 1986. The law amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, the Internal Revenue Code and the Public Health Service Act to provide continuation of group health coverage that otherwise might be terminated. Q2: What does COBRA do? COBRA provides certain former employees, retirees, spouses, former spouses, and dependent ...

Landmark MTs
Jan 29, 2011

After the flurry of posts on this board this week regarding Landmark and then doing more research on my own in the archives on Landmark, I have decided to move on.  I am an employee of Landmark also.  I believe where there is smoke, there is fire to follow.  I have not seen what others are saying, but the lack of communication I have experienced and I am a person who do not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.  So,  I am finding another job and I suggest everyone on th ...

Landmark??
Jan 31, 2011

The other day I was roaming through the site and saw some very irritated MTs that were talking about Landmark, lack of communication, insurance issues, etc.  Can someone please tell me which Landmark this is?  I believe there are two.  ...

Landmark QA
Sep 29, 2011

For anyone who works at Landmark, I was just wondering how long is the norm for being on 100% QA? I've exceed my 90-day period and am still on 100% QA. Most of my reports come back clean with exception of a period or an a/an, or something simple along those lines. ...

Landmark Job Ad
Oct 09, 2011

Does anyone know if the job ad Landmark posted recently (oncology) is a new account for them? I have read on here so many posts about how the MTs there say they don't have enough work and was wondering if this account is a new one so there actually would be work to do? I would like to apply but don't want to waste my time if there isn't enough work in the first place.  Thanks for your help. ...

Landmark Really? Sm
Nov 30, 2011

Landmark posting for radiology jobs?  I work for them and barely have any work.  Please look at the people you already have hired before you hire more.  That's why people don't stay.  I'd love to work there full time, but this has become my part time, back up account because I'm making so little money.  So frustrating.  Who else is working there currently for radiology?  I'd love to hear from you.  ...