A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Transcenders out there not making their minimum lines? - mt

Posted: Jun 14, 2011

I'm just wondering.  I've been with Transcend going on three years now and have never made my minimum lines for part-time.  I've always just worked my shift.  It was never an issue of me hitting my $450 or not.  Now all of a sudden my job is in jeopardy because I'm not hitting it.  I work evenings so I can have help with my kids, but now I'm having to flex days as well to try to meet these lines (horrible ESL and losing a lot of my blank lines have given me quite the paycut).  I'm wondering if there are others out there not meeting their lines and whether or not you are being hassled and/or threatened termination for it?  I know that it states we are supposed to be at least making $450 per pay period, but I never did out of the more than 2 years I worked there, and now all of a sudden it's a problem.  Am I alone in this?

I always meet my minimum, but it takes a lot of time to do it. What I really - no

[ In Reply To ..]
want is that job of the person who apparently has nothing better to do than post links on facebook all day for "reading", like we have time to do our job and read everything he/she thinks is wonderful. What a waste. The salary there is probably a lot higher than we get for slaving over that horrible VR program and slow BeyondTxt program

I know exactly what you mean - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I meet the minimum sometimes, but with the kids home now for summer, I am having a harder time making it. I really don't want to hear from people telling me I should put my kids in daycare, because with the slave wages we make, I couldn't afford it. I don't even think my paycheck would cover it. However, I see on the MlS site that they are always looking for QA and TLs, and it says "must be making the $450 minumum," which leads me to believe there must be others not hitting it, otherwise there would be no reason to throw that out there. I'm just wondering if I am being constructively terminated. If I have to make it, so does everyone else. I used to love this job when I was left alone. Now I dread it.

Sounds like you want a job that lets you work only if you feel like it. Well, this is - granny crabapple

[ In Reply To ..]
one time I definitely agree with Transcend. These not-even part-timers that come in and take the work during the times when we are low, or only work if there is a bonus, only work if the dictators are good, etc., need to be put off payroll. Those of us who depend on this for paying our mortgage/rent, buying groceries, and just surviving, etc, get very unhappy when you "occasionals" pop in and take our work. I make almost double the minimum every single pay period and it does not take that long to do it. I think kids are just an excuse and you need to teach them that you have responsibilities, too, and set a good example for them by working when you said you would and making the lines you said you would make.
Granny Crabapple good for you, making double. Don't speak for the majority. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't go saying things that are not true either. You sit there and judge that all these who cannot get their lines are part time and young who don't want to work. I have slaved for years. Maybe you get the cream of the crop too, Granny Smith. Maybe get doube too because of your cherry picking. We all work for EVERYTHING to live also. Not just grannies. Don't ruin the good image.
I don't like having to flex or take jobs from others - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I was perfectly happy making what I was making working evenings. They were fine with it too for two years. Then all of a sudden it was not okay anymore and I was told to flex. As for my kids, two of them are under two, so trying to explain to them that I am working isn't going to happen. I always work my scheduled shift, and now I have to work even more than that. And I do only do this part-time, but that doesn't mean I don't need money either. If they kick me of the payroll, they will definitely have a need for night shift as me and one other person are the ones covering the shift. Have at it, granny.
Transend quota and difficult work - MT 30+ years and CMT too
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey Granny from me too, I also don't see how you get a good line count. My accounts are awful to the point that I said I would quit if I couldn't change and did. They are a little better now, but I keep getting all the short jobs or rotten dictators with problems and where are all those nice 10+ minute H&Ps, etc? I could get a nice line count if I could get my share of the good stuff. It takes me my whole shift to get half the quota compared to making top dollar at the local hospital with incentive pay. So, I am not stupid or lazy either. I have worked at home for 11 years and make less money now than I did then due to the changes in work benefits, pay levels, and type of work I can get. I do acute care/clinic/all types and my accounts just don't cut it for me. Well, you did call yourself crabapple. Me too!

Similar Messages:

Are All The APers Making Their Minimum Lines
Oct 05, 2012

nm ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

STILL Making Just Over Minimum Wage!
Apr 04, 2012

I LOVE working from home. I love my CCM, she is extremely understanding and flexible, which is what I need! Due to this, a few weeks ago I decided I just had a "bad attitude" and needed an adjustment. So I put my nose to the grindstone and produced almost 5,000 more lines than normal or required (80 hours). I had quite a few straight transcription jobs, and was confident my paycheck for the last pay period would be awesome! Although it was approximately $70 more than normal, I still figured ...

Why We Should Be Making More Than Minimum Wage
May 09, 2015

If our skills are valued the same as fast food workers, then why do they require at least one year's experience as an MT to be hired? Why do newbies have to have gone to school? Why the lengthy testing before being hired? Any 16-year-old with no work experience can be hired at Burger King, so why not as a medical transcriptionist? I don't understand the reasoning behind lowering our income to minimum wage and making it next to impossible to advance beyond minimum wage, even for peo ...

Making Minimum Production At Amphion - How?
Jul 25, 2013

Is there anyone out there working for Amphion who is happy there and who can make production?  Even on my best day, I can't make it.  I'd love to hear how others are doing it.  Thanks! ...

Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 11, 2010

I asked this question already on the company board, but I ask it also on this board: What do companies do if an MT turns in 98% accurate work, or above, but does not transcribe the minimum lines per day, as an employee? Does this MT always get fired, or how do companies handle this? TIA ...

When Did The Minimum LPH (Lines Per Hour) Go To 186?
Jan 29, 2013

OK...someone enlighten me please.  When did the minimum LPH go to 186?  Did I miss something in any of the various webinars?   Work faster, produce more lines, work more efficiently, make less errors, correct the MDs errors, work outside your shift regularly if you run out of work on regular shifts, help your fellow employees -- all for less pay. I'm ABSOLUTELY frustrated :( ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Minimum Lines Per Hour For PT Are?
Jun 16, 2013

Was it 125 or 150? Thanks! ...

Minimum Of 2000 Lines Per Day At TTS?
Jun 06, 2015

At Mmodal, our minimum requirement is 1200 lines per day.  That's an awful big difference!  Do people have trouble making 2000 lines at TTS?  Is this a way to get out of providing benes?  (I ask because I worked for a small MTSO years ago who used that method.)  Or are the platform and accounts so great that it is actually achievable on a regular basis? ...

Min Wage Means More Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 28, 2015

So, I probably missed this in another post but just got an e-mail from our admin ass't saying I didn't make the minimum lines for the past pay period so will be getting paid minimum wage.  Had not realized my state raised their minimum wage for 2015 (my fault for not reading that somewhere) but that just means I now have to up my minimum lines by 20.  Cripe, 2000 per day was bad enough.  There are only so many hours in the day people.  Plus, I got "scolded" for havi ...

Minimum Wage Versus Lines Per Hour.
Jan 02, 2013

So I have been very careful not clocking in when work is low because I don't want my LPH to suffer, BUT.....Is there anyone out there who just clocks in and takes the reports slow as they come and accepts the minimum wage?  Do you get "naughty" emails from your lead telling you that you need to pick it up or clock out?  I hope this makes sense.  It just occurec to me that minimum wage would be better than no wage when work is low. ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

MDI/Transcenders - Did You See This?
Jan 29, 2010

Saw this posted over on the MQ board and thought it merited attention on this board as well....Be prepared.   http://forum.mtstars.com/190192.html     ...

To Transcenders
Feb 06, 2010

The company MLS site states that QA uses BOS3.  Are there enough differences between BOS2 and 3 that I need to invest in the latter?  ...

? For You Transcenders
Oct 20, 2011

Is the $900 per pay period reqiurement before or after taxes? Thank you in advance for any input. ...

Transcenders
Dec 16, 2011

After reading all the negative posts here about other companies I'm glad to be working for Transcend.  How about you?   I just started there last month, but so far so good.  I'm curious about moving up in the company to a TL position.  I got an email the other day from the recruiter saying we can apply even before our 90 day probationary period. I'm just wondering if people really get hired for that position being so new to the company.  I'm sti ...

How Are The Other New Transcenders Doing?
Jan 05, 2012

I think I'm getting the hang of BeyondTXT now.  I haven't run out of work so far, so that's a good thing, not to say that I won't, but haven't yet.  I'm doing ER notes right now.  Gonna be given more worktypes next week though.  I'm building up my speed slowly but surely.  How is it going with the others new to Transcend?  :) ...

How Many Of You Ex-Transcenders Are Looking
Dec 19, 2012

for another MT gig and/or resigning since the new plan has been rolled out to us? Just curious, don't know how many of us actually look here and I rarely post. Just trying to consider it from all angles, pros and cons, options. Taking quite a hit in pay. In any case, wish you all a peaceful holiday season. ...

Transcenders - Questions For You, Please
Dec 19, 2009

Does Transcend have an incentive plan and would you explain it for me?   What were you hired at (base rate)?   Do they have any VR work and what is the base rate for it?   Thanks.   ...

Transcenders: Question On
Apr 14, 2010

How many of you receive no raises and/or even rate cuts while management receives increases equivalent of complete salary packages, bonuses and the company offers $78 million to buy Spheris?     ...

A Question To MDI-er/Transcenders
Apr 21, 2010

Hi MDIers/now Transcenders:  Curious to know if anyone else is starting to feel as demoralized as I am by the recent highly offensive/rude/appalling brow-beating emails  sent out by (MDI-MD) TLs?  Has anyone noticed the push for total workaholism with even working through funerals?! Did they all take a class on how to make everyone feel like crap about their job?  A  new ROM mentioned there is a decrease in MLS production that she doesn't understand - I would put ...

Question For MDI/transcenders
Jul 22, 2010

Has DD always been this full of hot air?  Just from her messages on the mls web site I am afraid I would have to doubt anything she ever told me.   What a joke!  ...

Question For PT Transcenders
Feb 27, 2011

Since PTers don't earn PTO, how do you handle taking days off?  I'm considering a schedule that will involve most weekends (to supplement my FT job).  While I don't need to work as much as they require (20 hours), I do need a little extra spending money.  Will taking off a weekend day or 2 a month be a problem?  Has anyone else had to deal with these circumstances?  Just want to know what I'm getting into. ...

Transcenders Using Encore ???
Sep 22, 2011

On the new platform will you be able to see your line count as you go along or do you still have to go look it up the regular way.  At Webmedx it kept a running tab of your lines on the top of the page and you could kind of pace yourself.   I really liked that. Also, have they put out a schedule as to when each region will be going over to Encore?    ...

Get Ready Transcenders...
Mar 13, 2012

You will be "offered" lots and lots of OT every day, and asked to mail in your committments for every weekend. It is not "mandatory", but if you do not do it, you will be written by your SM asking you to. Same thing. So tiring, day in and day out. Guess I am not a "team player" because I feel I was hired to work 40 hours and any time after that is "My Life Time." ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...