A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ATSI - transition from IC to employee confusion - Ityperad

Posted: May 06, 2010

A recruiter recently emailed me and stated in her email "After the minimum
lines per day is satisfied for 3 consecutive periods as well as the 90 days you will be offered employee status and benefits".  What does that mean?  What does a consecutive period consist of - pay periods?  Annual quarters?  (and please don't tell me to "ask the recruiter" - I have to go through extensive testing before she'll communicate with me again and I want to know if its worth it).

I have read about ATSI's reputation in the forums and I want to know if some things are still true - Do they still not pay for anything sent to QA?  Are they still very heavy ESL?  I don't trust the way the recruiter worded the above - seems to me on the 89th day they could assign you a bunch of their worst ESL, which you would end up typing for free because you sent one blank to QA, then they could say you didn't meet the 1k/day requirement and they didn't have to give you employee status.

I just have a bad feeling about this and want to know if anybody can confirm or deny.

as far as I know we get paid for docs in QA, sm - current ATSI

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never encountered my line count and theirs being any different. Your line count changes througout the day when a QA person brings up the file as it changes that file to their ID, but as soon as they have correct and/or done whatever needs to be done, the system then puts the line count back into your line count. It's weird. The line count will show that file, and then when QA pulls it up, the lines are subtracted, when QA sends it off, then it is added back into your line count. You might want to look at other posts below. Their system is nothing to be desired. Yes, they have a lot of ESL doctors. If you can get the QA people to help you out after you are off of QA, good luck. Very little feedback even when requested from the QA staff. Most of the time, I feel that I am just ignored. I can send a blank and request feedback, and still receive nothing. If I sent in 10 documents for the week and requested feedback on all 10, I would be lucky to get 1 back. Good luck!!

Good to know about QA - Ityperad

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad you dispelled that rumor, thank you.

Similar Messages:

Transition To Nuance Employee
Jun 09, 2014

Looking for good, bad, ugly, but please just the plain truth about Nuance. I will possibly transitioning to them from my company that they bought, going from IC to employee. I am very nervous about this and need some REAL HONEST insight as to their work environment, management, attributes, and downfalls. Thanks ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

ATSI Changes
May 03, 2010

What is up here? My account manager sent out an update via e-mail at 8:30 a.m. then a little while later there is an e-mail forwarded from the president of the company that she is no longer with ATSI and another person is now the manager over ALL the accounts. After switching to speech recognition about a month ago their biggest account has been out of TAT almost daily and is in jeopardy of being lost to another service. I'm glad I gave my notice. ...

ATSI And TTS (NH)
Apr 19, 2011

I have offers from both TTS and ATSI.  One is IC for 90 days then option for employee, the other is employee from first day.  Pay and work and hours are all the same.  I can't find much recent on ATSI, and see some comments about TTS overhiring and work being scarce.   Any input?  I am trying to decide by Friday.  Thanks! ...

Confusion
Apr 05, 2013

I may be a total dunce about this but can somebody out there explain to me what the difference(s) are between employee, IC and statutory employee. I see all of these postings and am not sure what to think. ...

Punctuation Confusion
Jan 27, 2010

HEAD CT IMPRESSION Multiple regions of low density in both sides of the internal capsule, probably represent old white matter infarcts.  (Should there be a comma after capsule or not?  It makes sense with or without the comma)  ...

Why I Would NOT Recommend ATSI
Feb 19, 2010

Hello all! I am new to this forum and would just like to share my thoughts with you as I have read through some of your postings about different MT companies out there, like "Should I work here?" So, as nicely as I can say it, in a matter of my opinion:  My Top Ten Reasons why I would NOT recommend ATSI: 1. The pay. Straight CPL no matter if it's days, nights, weekends, holidays. 2. No raises, incentives, or bonuses. 3. NOT employee status...EVER...even after 90 days, you will ...

ATSI Experience?
Apr 15, 2010

I've searched through the archives and can't find much info posted about this company. Does anyone have any experiences, either positive or negative, to share?  Do they provide equipment?  What platform do they use for radiology?  I've already tested with them and they want to set up an interview, so I'm trying to make sure I cover all my bases before I leave a company I've been with for nearly 10 years. TIA! ...

Venting About Confusion
Apr 16, 2010

This is what this doc says:  Certainly if there is any rhythms increase, worsen, blah, you know, whatever (chuckles), we will reevaluate at that time.  It doesn't make any sense and I don't even know what to type.  I'll probably get dinged on something by trying to make it make sense.  He's making me crazy.  ...

Education Confusion!
May 09, 2010

So I am looking into making the switch from MT to coder.  The AHIMA program says it takes 15 months to complete and then you can sit for the CCA exam.  The AAPC program says you must complete it in 4 months and you can sit for CPC or CPC-H.  Wouldn't the latter be better?  I've been reading that CCA is pretty much worthless.  So, why would CCA take 15 months and CPC take 4 months?  Also, every job I've seen for a coder requires experience.  How c ...

Stay Away From ATSI
Jun 10, 2010

They can't even figure out when someone has left their employ. I get an email saying why aren't you working this is an ongoing problem with you we are going to disable your ID Well go ahead because I gave my 2 weeks notice 6 weeks ago!! ...

Any Scoop On ATSI???
Jul 11, 2010

Hey all, Has anyone worked for ATSI out of Clearwater, Florida?  Just wonder how they found the company to work with.  I'd love to hear some feed back.  Thanks! Crazy Mom of 6 ...

Chaos And Confusion
Jul 22, 2010

on a conference call for a new account with multiple locations all wanting specific things.  My head is spinning.  I think I am officially losing my mind.  Of course this account has been NJA most of the day.  Let's just say there is no mercy.    ...

Confusion Over Mt Career
Nov 12, 2010

my company is laying off and since i will qualify for unemployment, my new plan is to finish school in an MT program. i have tried 2x in the past but could never set aside the time/money to do so. now i have found this board, and am a little confused by some of the comments. i had no intentions of working from home but rather a hospital or office setting. i have seen job postings around town and a government site says something to the effect of 11% rise through 2018. so with all that said, how ...

Dosing Confusion
Nov 24, 2010

I have heard this before with other meds and have no idea what the doc is talking about.  He dictates sodium bicarb nineteen fifty mg.  What does he mean?  1950 mg or 19/50 mg, or sodium bicarb19 50 mg.  I looked up sodium bicarb for the dosing and still don't know what he means.  Can someone help?  Thank you. ...

Credential Confusion
Apr 13, 2011

I have been looking at some ads for coding level I jobs at a local hospital but I have noticed this other places too.  They prefer an RHIA/RHIT credential but will accept a CCS.  Doesn't a person with a CCS have more indepth knowlege of actual coding than a RHIA/RHIT?  I have worked for 20 years as a transcriptionist and have had many supervisors with degrees and the RHIA/RHIT credential that were my boss but knew nothing at all about transcription.  Do the people hiring ...

Confusion Caused By....
May 20, 2011

Press?   Delirium caused by Press?   ...

How ATSI Is To Work For?
May 22, 2011

Is there anyone who is working here now that can tell me how ATSI is to work for? I have an interview tomorrow and would like to know the good and bad ahead of time since the recruiters are not always truthful no matter how nice they are lol. Would appreciate anything you can tell me. Thanks ...

Confusion Every Time
May 24, 2011

Please please help....   EVERYTIME I hear this in dictation I can never just type it out and get it correct...example.... "measures two centimeters by one half centimeters"  how is this transcribed numerically??????   Please help!!!!!! ...

DO NOT WORK FOR ATSI
Jul 09, 2011

DO NOT WORK FOR ATSI.....CURRENTLY WORKED FOR THEM OVER A MONTH AND RECEIVED NO PAY CHECK- COMPANY SAYS JUST ERROR BUT STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A DIME.....THEN MY ACCOUNT WAS PULLED AND OFFERED ME A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT OR LEAVE THE COMPANY.............HELLLLLLO.....STILL HAVE NOT BEEN PAID AND AS FAR AS I KNOW NO ONE HAS IN WEEKS.    THIS THREAD IS LOCKED:  SEE MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR CONCERNING WAGE DISPUTES! ...

ATSI - DO NOT WORK FOR THEM
Aug 25, 2011

ATSI is a bad company to work for.  When hiring on they tell you 0.08 cpl then after about 2 weeks they switch you to a company called Oracle that you sign a contract with stating 0.075 cpl.  When I got my second paycheck I noticed money was missing.  When questioned about it they said that they pay per report 1.50 at the most.  NO ONE EVER mentioned this to me at all.  When I started throwing a fit about it as I signed a contract for 0.075 cpl they came up with some lam ...

Confusion About Platforms?
Mar 04, 2012

This is probably clear as day to most and may belong in the tech forum, but I'm going to try here first.  I notice that Nuance owns eScription. Okay, got that.  In their ads, they are not compatible with satellite nor wireless internet. Okay, got that.  What I do not have is why a completely different company is telling me that eScription is compatible with satellite internet? Just an FYI, this has nothing to do with Nuance. I am not going to work for them and know nothing a ...

Out Of Work Confusion
Apr 02, 2013

Are we still supposed to go into remedy and get a ticket number for out of work or not? ...

Confusion About New Policy
Aug 24, 2013

As I read the new policy what has been eliminated is the option if you run out of work during your shift, to just call it quits for the day and take leave without pay.  Instead, you have to keep checking back during your shift.  However, if you still are short hours you have the option then to take leave without pay.  I know this is not what the TSM's are saying, but the option to take PTO or leave without pay still remains in the official policy on line, at least as of yeste ...

Give Me Some Feedback On ATSI
May 20, 2010

Can anybody give me some feedback on ATSI-- good or bad.  Thanks. ...

Does ATSI Offshore To India? Sm
May 27, 2010

I have an interview with them.  I did some archiving to see if there's any info on this board about them.  Wondered if they offshored to India.  Their website doesn't say anything about it.  Their ad says US MTs only. Thanks! ...

Any Recent Info On ATSI?
Jun 22, 2011

Any recent info on ATSI?  Is there plenty of work available?  Pay scale?  ...

ATSI Nonpayment Of Wages
Aug 13, 2011

This is just a warning message to hopefully prevent other MTs from going through my experience.  ATSI still owes me three paychecks, which were repeatedly promised to be paid day after day, week after week, then we were informed they legally had to pay by August the 8th.  Most of us have still not been paid.  I just learned that David Shepherd and his wife, Terry, also control M T World.  I am now employed elsewhere, but it will take months to undo the damage this company did ...

Confusion Regarding Medquist-MModal
Feb 04, 2012

What's the deal with Medquist-M-Modal.. is this a merger, complete takeover of Medquist or just rebranding? Curious because the deal which is being done is with CBAY, which is INDIAN OWNED. Deadwood floating on water. ...

Clearing Up VR Training Confusion
Nov 13, 2012

We need to clear some things up for new people, or those who have only done straight MT and will soon be doing VR.  VR DOES NOT require special intensive training, other than, of course, you still need to know how to be an MT.  That being said, make believe you typed a letter in your word processing program and you noticed a ton of errors when you went to proof it.  You would just fix them, right? It's the same thing, only if you're using the mouse, you would need to l ...