Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Your assumptions and calculations regarding - pay are way off.

Posted: Jan 7th, 2024 - 1:19 pm In Reply to: Yes, big difference in editing and typing an entire transcript - sm

The time spent on a 500-page transcript is not at all the way you calculated it above, which leads me to believe you have no idea what you are talking about, or you do not have any experience in this line of work and are merely posting your opinions and not fact.

You have to take into account that you are NOT calculating anything correctly in regards to the legal transcripts. How hard is it to type the word "yes" or "no"? When you have 25 lines to a page for a legal transcript and several lines only carry the word yes or no, you do not have to be Einstein to realize how quickly you can go through a transcript, straight typing or speech rec. Also, we use short cuts for many repetitive phrases, which also significantly increases the speed.

For the 500-page transcript, I received over $1000 dollars; and no, I did not spend days on this project. I had everything completed in less than two days.

And no, there is not a "big difference" as you state. The audio I use is far superior to anything medical has ever provided us as MTs. It appears to be that either you have no idea what you are talking about, or you are working in a less than ideal company situation. Either way, throwing shade on someone else without knowing anything about their situation, or only comparing it to your limited knowledge, is a disservice to those of us that actually do this work for a living and know, from experience, exactly what is the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)