Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I do extensive medicolegal depositions, - and legal depositions of all types

Posted: Jan 5th, 2024 - 4:37 pm In Reply to: Opinions on legal transcription please, pros, cons - sm

I LOVE MY JOB!! I get paid very well, my pay is never late, always accurate, and I am treated with respect. I was hired without any legal experience at all simply because of my extensive medical background. I have helped many others get into this field also.

I do get different attorneys and clients, as you might imagine, for each transcript I produce. There have been some repeats, but that is less common. Our audio is phenomenal. You may get a nasty audio once in a blue moon, but for me, it has been very, very rare. You do have a tendency to get people talking over each other, but we have a way to code that, and it becomes the responsbility of the attorneys to sort it out -- basically the idea is, if they cannot control their own mouths, it is not up to us to try and figure out what they are **trying or wanting** to say.

At the current time, I do both straight typing of transcripts, and I learned how to use an editing program for legal documents as that seems to be the way things are going. However, not all attorneys or legal transcript companies use or like the editing programs; so, I always have straight typing to do.

I have offered many times to help others get into this field, and will do so for you, as well. Those that contact me directly, I give them what I have; those that do not follow through with a phone call, I delete from my list. There is way too much information to try and post everything in an email. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)