Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 39)

Clerks - Dream on

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2022 - 10:58 am In Reply to: not - groovy - You are not paid for it either

There are not clerks in hospitals who are “supposed to take care of these things.” With the EHR there is no paper copy and no middle man. If the MT doesn’t flag it for QA or make the correction, the report goes to the medical record as is, and may end up in the wrong chart. It might get caught in an audit or by accident, but it’s a big deal to correct electronic documents once they are finalized. I worked on site for years and was paid by transcribed minute. We were expected to enter demographic data and correct it if it was wrong. It was considered a critical error if it wasn’t done. I never heard anyone complain about it, we considered it to go with the territory. The problem now is that the line rates are so low that people feel that it is unfair to have to perform clerical tasks. Unfortunately, there are no longer clerks to fix reports. I agree, this goes with the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)