Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: do the math .. (Views: 31)

I've been thinking the same thing - about retirement

Posted: Jan 21st, 2022 - 1:28 am In Reply to: Where did our friendly board go? - Workingmt

It dawned on me too late in the game that working in MT and earning such low wages is likely now going to cause my retirement benefit amount be lower than it would have otherwise been had I switched to a better paying job about 10 yrs ago. It really matters for your Social Security Retirement benefit how much you earn over the years...

Anyway, I try not to be so hard on myself about this now because the flexible work schedule I had in MT made it possible for me to be available for my parents. Any other job would have never allowed me to split up my full-time hours. I rarely had to miss work, working 4 hrs in the a.m. and 4 hrs at night. I had several hours during the day to take care of things and to focus on my parents' needs. That was a big, big help.

So much of life is a trade off. I will likely keep working part time after retiring, but that's just fine with me - I like to keep busy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)