Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I have a very hard time trusting - Companies who mail checks

Posted: Oct 4th, 2021 - 4:56 pm In Reply to: WWD - check

I don't work for this company, but I just have to say that I wouldn't trust any company who still mails paper checks any farther than I could throw them. There is no reason to be mailing checks when direct deposit is available everywhere and has been for decades now. I haven't worked for a company who mails checks since the mid to late 90s. My goodness, even the tiny company I've been subcontracting with for the past 5 years has direct desposit, and we only have about 7 or 8 MTs and the company is run by just one woman out of her home. If even we can have direct desposit, everybody should!

In this electronic day in age, if any company is insistent on mailing paper checks like it's the 80s or 90s, one has to wonder if they are having cashflow problems and need to buy themselves some additional time to cover payroll. That would be my major concern and is why I would never work for a company that doesn't offer direct deposit. Your situation is a textbook example of why. No direct deposit would be a total dealbreaker for me. I refuse to put myself into a situation where I have to chase down my paychecks and have no solid idea of when they may show up. My bills are due by certain dates and I need to be able to budget and know exactly when I will be getting paid. I hope that you receive your check very soon and I would highly recommend searching for a new company to work for if this is how this one operates. Lack of direct deposit availability is really inexcusable in the 21st century.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)