Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Would you take a job that doesn't offer direct deposit? - Curious

Posted: Mar 20th, 2020 - 3:03 pm

So, I was offered a position the other day that sounds really great.  The recruiter was telling me about the types of transcription I would be doing, how much they pay, when they pay, and was telling me all abut the company, etc, etc.  It all sounded pretty good to me and I was starting to get excited; however, she then dropped a bomb on me, and I'm not sure whether or not it should be a deal breaker - they do not offer direct deposit and send checks in the mail.  This is a bit of a red flag for me because, in this electronic day in age, there should be absolutely NO reason why any company is unable to offer direct deposit or even some other form of electronic payment option (PayPal, Venmo, etc).  Would this be a deal breaker for you?  I'm kind of torn on what to do.  Mailing checks is so 1980s/1990s.  In the 18 years I've been working from home doing MT, I've never had a job that didn't offer direct deposit.  My current IC job is very slow right now due to COVID-19 and I have no idea when it will pick back up, so I need a backup, but this just has me a bit leery.  What would you do?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)