Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree. - sm

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2020 - 1:58 pm In Reply to: Disability Or Not - Cannot Support Family on MT Job

The MT field is for seniors or just work at home moms looking to make a little extra cash for play dates. It is no longer a lucrative career. The only way to make any money is to work all day and night and some MTs hold down 3 separate jobs to maintain. Does that sound like fun?

MT is dead unless you're looking for below minimum wage as an independent contractor, so you need to pay all your own self-employment taxes and there are minimal write-offs, no matter what other MTs say. You write off a portion of your home, maybe any repairs you've done, some mileage, maybe some tissues, paper, or ink for your printer. I mean, really?

Most MTs these days are in their senior years and only doing this as a supplement. I normally would encourage new MTs, but only if you realize it is basically like selling Tupperware or Avon because even MTs with years of experience are not able to land jobs.

One posting on Indeed had 170 applicants, and they required at least years of experience.

Let's not forget you must also be a technical geek or pay for it, write off, but that's another expense.

If you want to do something from home, sign up for taking surveys or take a course in cosmetology and open a salon in an extra room. You'd make far more money.

Actually, you'd probably make more money going on disability than MT at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)