Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I thought about doing that - just taking PTO

Posted: Jan 29th, 2020 - 6:38 pm In Reply to: that makes sense..see inside - sm

for a day that was starting out crazy like that.., but then I worried about running out of PTO real quick or using the no pay option too much. I wasn't ever too keen on making up time - had too many other things going on in my life.

So what I would do was try and get an idea of how the workflow was shaping up in that first hour of my shift. If work was only coming in here and there and I kept having to punch in and out of the timecard, then on one of those next NJA, I would take a long break, like about an hour or so, and use my PTO or no pay for that. Sometimes coming back after an hour there would be more consistent work. I really had to watch my PTO balance and didn't want to go without pay either!

But, it was crazy like that for me, always trying to decide between the lesser of 2 evils - dealing with a crazy timekeeping system and having to enter tons of entries or taking the hit with PTO and/or going without pay.

For example, if I'd get NJA at 11:20, I'd go ahead and take a long break at that point. I never went over about an hour or so. Sometimes, there still wouldn't be any work when I'd check back, but it was rare. I'd just enter that time 11:20 to 1:30 (1 hr 10 mins) in work availability for PTO or no pay, and hope work would stay reasonably steady for the rest of my shift.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)