Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Turning A Certain Age - If Things Are That Tight part 2

Posted: Jan 16th, 2020 - 7:13 am In Reply to: If Things Are That Tight... - see msg

You cannot earn as much as you want until you reach full retirement age which for me is 66 in July. OP, I‘m kind of surprised you didn’t know about needing to wait 3 months until your first check, it’s posted on several websites and if you speak to anyone from the SS office they will tell you what you need to do. Also be sure to enroll in Medicare when you are eligible (also 3 months in advance) so that you have health insurance. Unfortunately it takes a while to process those applications. I’m planning to continue to work, maybe cutting back to part-time. I’m on site and can keep contributing to my 401K if I can hang in there. Another thing to consider, you will pay tax on SS and your Medicare payment also comes out of your check, so it will be less than what you are expecting. It all takes planning and quitting before that first check was in the bank probably wasn’t the best idea. As far as what you can do until you get your funds, I guess find another job to tide you over for a while. The folks at SSA are really busy but helpful. If you need to speak with an advisor, you can call and leave a call back number or go to the local office, but that is usually a long wait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)