Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 63)

I havent filed yet, but I plan to continue working right up - to the day of the first check. SM

Posted: Jan 14th, 2020 - 3:35 pm In Reply to: Need advice from anyone who has retired early for Social Security - and how you manage

I have no choice. I dont have and doubt with MT wages that I can save ahead three or four months of money to live on. I have to work up to the month the check starts. I could possibly scrounge one month of wages ahead but that's about it.

I wasn't aware you had to quit working three months ahead of the anticipated benefit date?

If I need more money some months, I will do cash under the table small odd jobs. But I am planning a strict budget. The benefits are a bit more than what I get while working, and I wont have the constant stress and BS involved with transcription, worrying about a shortage of work or being let go any day at any time for no valid reason. Not being burdened with all that BS every day the rest of my life is worth a bit less money for early retirement.

I will try to file four months ahead. If not allowed, I will come back on the third month before my birth month to file.

I get enough of my own base wage and will get my first husband's benefits as well as a divorced spouse.

I won't be rich, but I will be able to live decently. As well as I am going to file for every single social service program I would be eligible for and take it. I deserve it for all the years of IC MT hell these greedy MTSOs have caused all of us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)