Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

To need advice - anon

Posted: Jan 15th, 2020 - 7:50 pm In Reply to: Need advice from anyone who has retired early for Social Security - and how you manage

That's a tough position to be in if you can't continue to work during that wait period until your first SS check.

You didn't mention when you're thinking of retiring. I usually file my income taxes as early as possible to get my refund quicker. Depending on your situation, there could be a fair amount being refunded to you? What about a family member willing to help with a small loan? Other ideas might be selling some items for quick cash in a garage sale, etc.

Otherwise, I agree with the other posters advising you to stay employed until you know you'll be alright without the income from a job and only SS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)