Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

LT memo - anon

Posted: Jan 13th, 2020 - 11:31 pm

This is what LT put out the other day.
We are still experiencing extreme payment delays with many of our accounts, and the holidays only made it worse.  We have sent out suspension notices again and to more accounts.  With what we have owed to us, we have enough to catch up and stay caught up, but even with chasing the invoices daily, they are not coming in very fast.

I know that 2019 was horrible for everyone, and we kept getting further and further behind, to the point that some people are missing a few checks.

We will be catching those up first.  We are hoping to have all past-due checks paid this week, then 12/25, then 1/10.

We all appreciate the hard work that you do and the support and loyalty and patience you all had in 2019 and now.  This will not be a year-long issue.  We will be caught up and then on track and we will stay there.

It has been brought to my attention that there are a lot of rumors flying around and that any company email I send is posted on both MTStars and to a Facebook group.  In addition, customers have informed me of a few calls they have received, including that Keystrokes has closed or is closing.  They wanted me to know about those calls, as well as a few that were about late checks, and let me know that they support Keystrokes fully and have asked me to take those individuals off their accounts.  Those who are making those calls will be removed from Keystrokes and for those that are already gone, we have contacted our attorneys. 

To clear up the rumors:  Keystrokes is not closing, and is not in danger of closing.  We have not lost all of our employees and not a significant number.  We have, however, let several go in addition to those who have quit and/or retired.  It is a normal part of any transcription service.  Yes, we have been cracking down on minimum wage and those who are chronically on the minimum wage list will be notified that they must bring their production up to the minimum standards we have in place to remain with Keystrokes.  A large portion of payroll is bringing employees up to minimum wage each payroll, and this takes away from others, and is acceptable. 

We are not selling Keystrokes.   At this time, there are no plans to send work offshore, although this has been discussed so that we can provide better turnaround times to a few accounts.  It is not definite, and no decision has been made, and if the accounts can be in TAT, there will be no reason to pursue this.

Yes, some accounts are behind, but nothing major and we are not in danger of losing any accounts, although we are making decisions on whether or not to keep some of the chronic late-paying accounts and those accounts that we lose money.  We are also evaluating a few accounts that are not very good and no one wants to work on them, which causes staffing issues.  We do not feel that anyone should be on a “bad” account, and we are evaluating every account we have against a list of criteria. 

I am in negotiations with several hospitals and a few clinics to take on new accounts in radiology, clinic, ortho and HIM.  We are not currently pursuing or accepting any new pathology accounts.

If you are on an account that you do not like or cannot be productive on, please let me know, so that we can move you to an account that might be a better fit.  The same goes with minimum wage.  We want everyone to have an account they love and on which they can make good money. 

The payroll delays will be cleared up.  I will answer everyone individually who emails me, but please be patient with answers – I will always within 24 hours.  I cannot guarantee faster than that, although I try, because I am tied up most days with customer calls and off-site meetings and with the number of emails I get daily.  I am not ignoring you. 

By the same respect, I will not tell you something just because it’s what you want to hear.  If I cannot release your check, you will get that answer. 

For those of you who have gotten ugly, have shared emails, have started or fueled rumors, please look elsewhere. 

For those of you – the majority – who do your job, go above and beyond, have been supportive and wonderful, I cannot thank you enough.  We could not turn this around without you.   

Thank you,

Lee​​

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)