Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Okay, in a sense, I get this - A lot of things happened

Posted: Dec 15th, 2019 - 9:05 am In Reply to: Pay Me What I Am Worth - Very Subjective

I'm out now...3 years, but I have a very long memory, and broad experience set with MT. Hospital based, IC, SC, FT employee, large MTSO, mid-size national, several buyouts, mom and pop local, chase it down myself, and drive into doctor's office onsite.

I began in hospital, went to mid-size MTSO (there were no BIGs then). I pretty much always chased the "deal." Money and insurance. Managed to have 2 babies (one on COBRA..wopping $250 a month)...out of pocket @1500?? +premiums, of course. (That was a different age, they are 19 and 15...not as old as you thought?) Anyway, point being...

Things have changed rapidly in MT. If I had to put my finger somewhere, it would be the MTSOs sucking the wages out of everything. They made it so hospitals didn't have to buy their own equipment, yah, but they are charging 4x what they pay, at least.

I had $2200-$2600 pay checks/take home bi-weekly, taxes taken out in the 1980s. No insurance. Pay might have been a little high, huh?

I don't think MTs helped themselves looking for OT at home either.

Voice wreck really hurt us. We had nothing to fight that. Wish I had left when that appeared...oh wait...I did....at least when they admitted it. Our hospital had overflow with one of big 3. The MTSOs were running it through speech and editing....they just weren't being honest with the hospital...or the hospital wasn't honest with us.

It's over...either there is someone in India perfectly capable of doing your job or a machine, right here.

I was standing over a radiologust, just the other day, and he was manipulating his report...it was a thing of beauty. He has a thick Eastern European accent, I listened and watched the speech engine. It was GOOD. If that is what you are competing with...give up...it's done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)