Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A sense of - entitlement.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2019 - 4:04 pm In Reply to: Pay Me What I Am Worth - Very Subjective

You have a lot of nerve to come on here and claim MTs have a sense of entitlement. These wages have dropped so much for the MTs and there is no raise in sight unless you work faster or longer hours. MTs are worth more than you think with the knowledge we have and the critical thinking it takes.

To have some ego-driven QA person throw you through the ringer while they think they know more is absurd. QA should not even exist. Let the hospitals and the physicians signing their reports figure it out.

This is so laughable. I send a garbled fast talker to QA and they send it back to me with spelling errors but tell me I should have looked up an old report. What is an old report going to do (that's if I can find the exact diagnosis/treatment/type of report) going to do for me but have me tied up for an hour still trying to "guess" at what he's saying.

I say, throw him his reports with the blanks in it and make him accountable for his dictations. He's a grown educated man and should know better.

I haven't gotten paid more in over 20 years, so whatever. You're post is a bunch of brew ha-ha. Facilities/hospitals/physician practices outsource to save money. They do not care what you feel you are worth. Your theory is just not in the stars. In every single hospital setting, it has absolutely nothing to do with the MT at all; it has to do with their budget and where they can cut costs and they are constantly offered cheaper services for a long of things, transcription being one of many.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)