Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yikes - see msg

Posted: Sep 12th, 2019 - 5:04 pm In Reply to: New Member - Susan

I am sorry you didn't do any research in MT before you got rooked. If it's not too late, maybe you can get your money back. I would not believe one word the school tells you, so don't let them be your guide.

It has been taking a slow downturn for probably 15 years and has pretty much hit bottom at this point. I personally have been warning people on here for 7 years, which is when I quit MT completely.
I know you just found us, but I wish you had found us before making your decision to do MT, then get rooked by a school.

Even when things were "good," it's an extremely difficult field and you'd need an excellent school to do well in MT. The 2 best schools in the country for MT training have closed their MT courses. That is quite indicative of how bad things are. They couldn't in good conscience keep their doors open; either that, or they just weren't getting people to take the course anymore.

There will likely be some people on here that say they are happy and will tell you it's fine, but it's not. Not sure if they're "suits" feeding you a line so you go work for them, or crooked schools feeding you a line. Or, perhaps they are private MTs for clinics, but most clinics don't use MTs anymore.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)