Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

LT's Post - Read it here

Posted: Jul 17th, 2019 - 1:10 pm In Reply to: KS - LT - MT 67

She just posted this yesterday. Authentic? Total BS? You decide!

As most of you know, I have had to cancel speaking engagements for the rest of the year due to medical issues.

Thank you to all of you who have stepped in to take my place and who have offered support and assistance and to those who have been posting on my behalf and monitoring the groups.

I am going to be stepping away from everything else and concentrating my work hours to my main business and first love, Keystrokes, which as you also may know, is a medical transcription service.

Keystrokes has been struggling for quite some time now and while we are working to correct it all, it is taking time. We have had changes in our industry with technology eliminating big portions of our workload, EMRs eliminating other areas that we once covered and the number of transcription companies and transcriptionists are dwindling.

It's still a big industry, but it is so different than when I started Keystrokes 22 years ago. It used to be a place where someone could make a good living, support their families, send their kids to college, buy nice homes, and go on vacations. Now it is a great second income for a family or a great position for someone who has another source of income. I no longer recommend anyone to go into the field, which saddens me. There is still a lot of work, but it's not the same.

We've made some very poor decisions in Keystrokes in the past, and we're paying for them now, literally. These mistakes have caused issues with payroll being late, led to downsizing our office, cutting expenses and downsizing some of our teams. We have cut everything to the bone, and we're doing what we can with what we have. I take full responsibility for the errors and have apologized nonstop to everyone involved. We have had an outpouring of support from many of our employees and threats and hatred from others, including people who either never worked for Keystrokes or left or were fired in the past. Some employees have quit, but fortunately not very many. I have been attacked personally with lies and exaggerations (and some truth) and it's very hard to hear about and deal with, but Keystrokes is a great company filled with great people, and it will survive and thrive.

We are working as many hours as possible to improve all the way around, and it's working.

However, that means that everything else has to take a backseat for the next few to several months. Everything. So if you don't see me front and center, you'll know why. After this is all back on track and I am healthy again, I'll be back, but for now, I am concentrating on Keystrokes and on my personal health. Both need the focus right now and for the foreseeable future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)