Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

If you were actually employed by Nuance you - are eligible under that petition

Posted: Dec 7th, 2018 - 5:35 pm In Reply to: Our hospital dept closed, Nuance took over the work - AncientMT

No matter what they say.

If you are working for Nuance, they do offshore and that petition certification includes all employees laid off.

Just because your particular hospital didn't offshore should not make any difference if you were an employee of Nuance.

I was told when I was working for Nuance (my original MTSO had been bought by them) that all the accounts I was working on were not offshored, so technically if they are using that logic they could say I was not eligible.

But by virtue of having being employed and then terminated by Nuance we are eligible.

In the long run, most of us long term Nuance MTs became victims of outsourcing rather than offshoring due to Nuance contracting all of the work out to "vendors" (and having the gall to encourage us to "go with the vendors" as ICs and thus become ineligible for unemployment and other benefits) - but because our jobs were displaced on the whole by Nuance to a significant degree, not only by them sending much of the work to India but the subsequent chipping away at our livelihoods by virtue of having to compete with that, the TAA covers you.

You should not have to file another petition, that one should cover you.

Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)