Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You should make a complaint about that to - the DOL, honestly, ridiculous

Posted: Dec 7th, 2018 - 2:19 pm In Reply to: I had to give up, my state unemployment people sm - former

I had one person like that who transferred me because she had never done TAA, but then it turned out the other one didn't want me either because she was used to doing big layoffs of like factories altogether, not one on one like we have to do because we are spread all over the place. Then the other one had a fit again when I came back to her. Well, I finally had better luck dealing with the state office and just applying on my own.

You should look for your state coordinator on the link below and inquire there. Be forewarned, many of the websites are out of date and some offices do not accept emails, just faxes.

It is definitely worth it to find out. After all that nonsense, I decided I didn't want to do TRA anyway (no idea what to train for and I will retire in a few years), so I then applied for the RTAA which is an allowance given to workers over 50 who are part of an approved TAA petition.

You have to submit timesheets and it is a bit tricky because they are not really set up for IC and I would much rather get the allowance every week but since I invoice every month it is delayed. I use www.gotfreefax.com to send in my timesheets since they have to be mailed or faxed, no emails.

I am now working as an IC and getting this allowance which provides 50% of the difference between your last hourly rate with Nuance and what you are getting now. The allowance is a help since never before have I been an IC and the learning curve is killing me production-wise. I do, however, have a job that is full time and they don't run out of work - or if they do they have something else for me to do.

That is another kicker with the RTAA, you must work full time. If you sign up for full time and they only give you part time work I am not sure what happens, but that is why I am working for an Australian company, not US. They still actually understand what a job is over there! I have no desire to go back to sitting at the desk for 12 hours a day and getting 4 hours work out of it.

I think there could be a lot of issues contributing to the reasons why these programs can be difficult to access. I believe these govt workers are stretched thin, many of them, and I am guessing when they freak out about going outside of their comfort zones it probably means they also get penalized via quotas (we know what that's like) and such. I don't know though, just guessing.

I hope you have luck with your state coordinator, the petition is good until March 2020 I believe, so you do have time.

LINK/URL: You should make a complaint about that to

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)