Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Nuance piles things one at a time - so true

Posted: Nov 12th, 2018 - 12:31 pm In Reply to: Same true with me - Lola

When my company was taken over by Nuance, at first everything was going to "remain the same for now" per all the conference calls.

We were all $.08 a line ICs, all with our own assigned accounts, all of us were happy and productive and making as much money as we wanted.

Then everything happened, one thing at a time - their messenger and requirements to sign in and be available, their email, their time clock, schedules, micromanagement of schedules, scheduled breaks, impossible to take time off, impossible to get holidays off, even Christmas and Thanksgiving, FIESA, then getting pay cut for errors, and, finally, after we got used to all that, our work started disappearing and they lied about it all.

It was a slow day, this holiday or that holiday, never admitting they were outsourcing the work to MTSOs and offshoring work - never once did they ever admit this.

Finally, all work disappeared, but, oh, with the promise we'd be assigned to other accounts, which never happened to anyone I knew who was losing work.

We just lost all accounts, 2 years after being bought out by Nuance, left without a job, without a paycheck suddenly one month, so, I quit and was approved for unemployment because of the loss of hours and loss of work - and never once did they lay me off and make that easy - I just had to fight for my UE - what was rightfully mine after they left me hanging with no work.

Nuance is a horrible company who has treated their MTs horribly - so if you've never worked there you have no clue how bad it can get and how underhanded they are - and their managers all lie for them and follow the lead they're told to follow. Those managers are now the MTSOs, who are going to lie to us and lead us down the same damn road for whatever Nuance's next plan may be to eliminate us all.

As an aside, I used to work for a major insurance carrier. When the company decided to close my office, we knew months in advance. We also knew what our severance package would be, which made it much less painful and also made it feel like the company somewhat cared for our well being. We had several months to look for jobs and be prepared for the layoff. We knew we'd have money for 3 months after the layoff date. We were all well prepared with packages in hand when we left the office the final day. We knew how to handle our insurance, our 401Ks, and most people had jobs lined up as well as their severance packages. If not, we had 3 months of pay followed by guaranteed UI insurance.

That's how a company is supposed to treat employees if there's going to be a lack of work.

I have a friend who's a truck driver. In the winter months, when work is slow, the company has their UI all lined up for them.

So, those of you who've only worked in MT and have never worked outside this industry, companies DO treat employees well in bad times, just not Nuance and most of the MTSOs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)