Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

My email contained the VDI link - Anon

Posted: Nov 12th, 2018 - 10:40 am In Reply to: What 26 pages? I had a 5-minute video .. - sm

which was attached at the bottom of the list of instructions regarding the install. When I opened it up, there were 26 pages, each one describing the process. Just the first page stated "first you will need the NetScaler Gateway." The second thing stated was "Next you will need your VIP Access icon." Then "and finally once you have connected to the VPN, you will be able to launch the Desktop player, which is how you will log into your Virtual Machine." That was just the first page! Then the rest of the pages each contained how to do all of the above in detail. Each page contained a screen shot of what your computer should look like as you go through all of this. I read through it and said "that's it, I'm done with this!" To add icing to the cake, I was informed that the tech from India may call me up to 30 minutes late. Where do they get off calling late and then insisting we sit at our computer without pay for 4-6 hours or longer while they install this garbage? It occurred to me that not only are we still working for Nuance but now we have to obey a guy from India! That is when I said NO MORE! And, as my husband said, there will be more around the corner, you can bet on it, and he is probably correct. Each time I thought I was done with doing what was necessary to have this thing installed, another program, or another download, and now this sign-in garbage! I was willing to try it because I really like the company I work for, but not any longer. There are other nice places to work for and I am going to find one eventually. I know some are tired of posts regarding VDI, but the more you learn now, the better informed you will be to make the right choice for yourselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)