Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

But bear in mind that not all accounts are the same - Aussie MT

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2018 - 7:10 pm In Reply to: Australian pay rates are high, but so is the amount of non-paid work - ex-AUSMT

I work for Ozescribe and it really depends on each client, each dictator and even each letter (and we do get op reports, etc, for come clients as well but they're less common - remember it's a different country with a different health system).

Yes, for some letters it takes longer to find and load the associates than it does to do the rest of the document. But I have clients each week where their normal dictation length is in the range of 3-5 and 7-10 mins (not to mention those clients, eg, medleg, pain mgmt and psych, who rarely come in under 30 mins).

Some clients provide a recipient database or they've been with us for a long time and MTs have created a decent database. Some clients have the primary recipient linked to the patient and it loads along with the patient demos.

If the dictator tells you the full name (not just "Dr Smith") and their practice and/or address, it takes about 5 seconds to search for, select and load the correct entry from the database. You might need to change the greeting from "Dr Smith" to "John" if that's what they dictate.

For newer clients or if it's someone they've never sent anything to, then yes, you need to verify (or research) their details.

I'm not sure about other companies but I get paid for recipients on a letter - each one is worth 2 lines.

Some doctors also will say "please copy and paste the diagnoses and medications lists from my last letter". Sometimes that's only a handful of lines or they make so many changes you would have been better to just type it from scratch but for some patients it can be a huge bonus of extra lines for almost no work.

I'm not saying your information is wrong, but your experience doesn't mean that everyone's is/will be the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)