Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Australian pay rates are high, but so is the amount of non-paid work - ex-AUSMT

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2018 - 6:01 pm In Reply to: NTS in Australia MTs - Do you make enough to pay for your own benefits? - Curious oldie

I never worked for NTS, but I did work for two other Australian MTSOs and left both because of this reason: Australians dictate in letter format. So it goes like this:

"Hello, Dr Smith dictating a letter to be sent to Dr Anderson, with CCs to Dr Brady, Dr Charles, and Dr Davidson." You are responsible for putting in the 4 recipients (which I can tell you will take about 30 seconds each on average). "Begin dictation. Dear Doctor Anderson," and then will follow 30 to 40 seconds of dictation regarding the patient's visit... about 10 lines. You just spent about 2 minutes filling out addresses and (if you are good) about 2 minutes of typing. That works out to 10 lines in 4 minutes.

I would average 150 lines per hour. Multiply that by the Australian 12.5 cpl that they pay, and it works out to $18.75 Australian per hour. Multiply that by the exchange rate of 71 cents Australian for US$1 and you get $13.31 per hour.

It's not as good as you think. If you
can do 350 lines per hour of VR at 4 cpl, that works out to $14.00 per hour, which is better pay than what you will get in Australia.

Oh... and be careful of the system through which NTS (or whatever Australian company you are working for) pays you your American dollars. That system (PayPal especially) will take their cut as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)