Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Thank you for your information! - Curious oldie

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2018 - 7:02 am In Reply to: Australian pay rates are high, but so is the amount of non-paid work - ex-AUSMT

This is work for NTS and would be a new account for medicolegal reports only. They are very long reports, not sure how many different doctors dictate them, but medical doctors dictate these reports to be used for legal depositions, etc. The pay starts higher than regular medical transcription,but what you have mentioned above is something I was a little apprehensive of, filling in all the blanks and cc's and other things we might have to, not get paid for, and have a hard time finding since we are in the States and not Australia. When in doubt, don't, is a good thing to go by...and if I could not make enough to afford my own benefits, which I definitely need to have right now at this point in my life, I guess for now I hang in there and keep looking for what might be a better fit for me. I really don't see any sense in even trying this part-time for a short while, messing up my taxes and everything else, for something that I may not be able to do more than part-time or have to give up then altogether. Of course it could go the other way and I might love it, make a lot of money and be able to afford my own benefits (which I still doubt) and be left alone to do my job. I have mixed emotions about it and still am not 100% certain I should even try this. I thank you for your honest feedback!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)