Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 63)

In other news, if you let them install cameras in your home - they can watch what you do. sm

Posted: Sep 17th, 2018 - 12:34 am In Reply to: Stealth remote desktop access - Big Brother

The moral of the story. Don't let them install that software on your PC. The video is the best proof of how this can't be used to spy on you without you knowing it. Steps followed in the video: 1. Install TightVNC on the computer. 2. Set it up for remote access. 3. Set a password for unattended remote access. (No one ever needs to do this to work on your PC.) 4. Get the IP address of the computer. 5. Now you can access the computer remotely. 6. Hide the icon. Steps 1-4 above require your permission and help before someone can access (step 5). How to prevent this: * Look for remote access programs like TightVNC in the Start menu or Control Panel > Uninstall Programs. * Never allow someone to set up a password on your computer for unattended access. If they need to access your computer, you need to be there to allow it. * If you've already given someone unattended remote access to your computer, uninstall the software or change the configuration. You can unhide the icon by clicking a checkbox. Everyone who deals with confidential patient records should know how to shut these programs down and configure them correctly. I view this post as scaremongering by the OP. It's as "Big Brother" as "I let the local frat house install cameras in my bathroom. Now I think they're spying on me when I take a shower." Well, yeah, they probably are spying on you. Because you let them install the cameras! Don't do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)