Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

The Nuance litigation if successful should have a trickle down effect - Izpoen

Posted: Aug 24th, 2018 - 3:31 pm In Reply to: Nuance litigation - oldie

All the short break times Nuance never paid their employees, but required them to take saying it was paid as part of their rate per line, may now finally have to be pay all those break times and other time not accounted for or affecting OT, to the former employees or current ones, retroactively. An employer does not have to pay for our lunch breaks, but the shorter breaks Fed law requires that to be paid, 5-20 minutes every so many hours of work. M*MODAL tells their employees to clock out if you have to take a break, or go to the bathroom, stretch your legs, for whatever reason. Then you have to make up that time you clocked out for. I don't clock out for those short breaks and I will not. If the litigation goes well with Nuance, all these other big companies who continue to try to cheat their employees out of their basic rights and pay will eventually have to do the same. Hum......another reason to let "employees" with benefits go and for M*MODAL to only want to subcontract out to IC's huh? I do hope everyone sees the writing on the wall here. And yes! There is power in numbers and masses. Most are too afraid to hop on a bandwagon but it is past time we all did!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)