Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Just looking through the TAA Decision - #93548 certified date 03/29/2018

Posted: Apr 29th, 2018 - 4:39 pm In Reply to: So I went to my job center - Yesterday and...

The final paragraph is instructive and interesting. Basically, it says we have until 2 years from that date (that would be 03/29/2020) to apply for assistance under the TAA. Hard to imagine they will keep us on at this level with no work for 2 years, but if they don't lay me off they are stuck with me.

"All workers of Nuance Transcription Services, Inc., a
subsidiary of Nuance Communications, Inc., Atlanta,
Georgia, who became totally or partially separated from
employment on or after November 3, 2017, through two years
from the date of certification, and all workers in the
group threatened with total or partial separation from
employment on the date of certification through two years
from the date of certification, are eligible to apply for
adjustment assistance under Chapter 2 of Title II of the
Trade Act of 1974, as amended."

Signed in Washington, D.C. this 29th day of March 2018.

Totally or partially separated? We're partially separated, kind of, right? In that we're not separated from Nuance unfortunately but we are separated from most of the work, which has been contracted out without explanation.

Also, "...all workers in the group THREATENED (caps mine) with total or partial separation from employment on the date of certification through two years from the date of certification..."

I think that should apply to us. I'm going to bring a copy of this with me to the UE office. I wonder if a complaint could be made to the DOL about what Nuance is doing to us, it's really tremendously unfair.

I really do NOT want to be on partial UE and a few hours a week work, it's a terrible situation.

LINK/URL: Just looking through the TAA Decision

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)