Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Exactly, what about those who were laid off? - some said they had plenty of work

Posted: Apr 26th, 2018 - 9:55 pm In Reply to: I was told the same thing. Metrics good, will not - be laid off.

Well, one would think they might give us that work, but it's apparent their ultimate goal is to get rid of us completely, since the things you would expect a normal MTSO to do are not happening.

I have to wonder how the contractors are doing too. If you look on the company board at some of the contractors that are doing Nuance work, it seems like they are all trying to make the MTs work on a schedule (IC is supposed to make their own schedule), and the pay is so low many seem to be quitting. Since they are also implementing FIESA, honestly, how low can the pay go if they will dock the pay for errors like we have to deal with?

But the work doesn't appear to be coming back, so maybe this is just some kind of feint where they say to their clients they tried but it didn't work out so now you have to either accept India doing your transcription or use Dragon and EPIC and that stuff.

Hard to understand what's going on, I just know I do not like partial UE since I am still tied to this company, even with hardly any work being provided. If they laid us off, we would have some options instead of claiming partial UE. At this point, it seems like they will dribble out the work and do this for however long we are allowed to collect UE, and then they know we will have to take something, which is really disgusting.

Hard not to get yourself worked up over this, but that is counterproductive. We need to calmly follow the OOW protocol, claim partial UE, and hope we are all eventually laid off and can claim TAA.

I am going to meet with the Job Center next week and ask if there are any circumstances under which we can claim TAA despite being technically employed, in reality extremely underemployed.

In the TAA FAQ it states:

“Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) is a federal program that helps people who lost, OR MAY LOSE (caps mine), their jobs due to a lack of work either directly or indirectly because of foreign trade.”

After all, because Nuance is refusing to lay us off really should not affect our ability to access the TAA. We lost this job, or the part of it that was decent, a long long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)