Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition

It works, but I'd also never recommend not using a - good attach and detach

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2017 - 1:25 pm In Reply to: That would work only if you don't have to make many - corrections. Practically every

function if available.

People new to editing need to realize that a very large part of their time (assuming they're fast at entering the corrections)is going to be spent moving around to each one and very often deleting something there.

For that reason, if I need to, say, add an "ed" to the end of a verb I usually delete the entire word from its beginning and drop it back in in the correct tense. Rather than hope to the end, though I have a short form that does back up from the next word after that and insert an "ed" and that one also gets used a lot. Anything to keep moving ahead. For some reason, I dislike hitting "backspace" so have pretty much designed it out.

Also, lots of times corrections are in common phrases that I have in my expander, and I'll wipe the whole thing out and drop the correct version in as opposed to bunny-hopping the cursor that wastes so much time.

In any case, a big part of this job is moving that cursor into place and deleting what needs to be very quickly. (That's why I miss being able to delete to the next period so much.) Only after that comes typing the correct letters. Before you're hopping off to the next location. Or, hopefully, reattaching the cursor at wherever the voice has moved ahead to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)